Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

5 hours ago, oxford blue said:

In December City beat Plymouth 4-0, it was the worst result during Steven Schumacher's managerial career (Plymouth manager at the time). His worst defeat as a manager is now 5-0 having become Stoke's manager in December. Maresco must enjoy end of game handshake!

Any chance he'll get the Watford job this week? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noahfence said:

And as the season goes on we’ll likely face teams with nothing to play for 

You could argue the same for us if we confirm promotion/title early. To beat the record, I think it's essential that Soton, Leeds and/or Ipswich keep up with the pace.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shen said:

You could argue the same for us if we confirm promotion/title early. To beat the record, I think it's essential that Soton, Leeds and/or Ipswich keep up with the pace.

I think breaking records will become what we have to play for at that point.

As well as that it might not be very pretty at times but we are right up there as one of the most pragmatic and professional sides going.

A lot of the players' futures don't lie here next season but they're putting in performances every week.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I think breaking records will become what we have to play for at that point.

As well as that it might not be very pretty at times but we are right up there as one of the most pragmatic and professional sides going.

A lot of the players' futures don't lie here next season but they're putting in performances every week.

Also, I can't see Enzo being happy if his players started being too casual after securing promotion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If you ignore the games in which we drew or lost, then so far this season, we have won all our games!

More concerning is the fact we have lost 100% of the games where the opposition has scored more goals than us! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Phube said:

More concerning is the fact we have lost 100% of the games where the opposition has scored more goals than us! 

And we've never kept a clean sheet when the other team has scored first.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, oxford blue said:

In December City beat Plymouth 4-0, it was the worst result during Steven Schumacher's managerial career (Plymouth manager at the time). His worst defeat as a manager is now 5-0 having become Stoke's manager in December. Maresco must enjoy end of game handshake!

So, how do we get him sacked/poached to manage someone else this season so we can beat him 6-0?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Winning 11 out of 16 will be a challenge but when you look at our remaining 8 home games it’s pretty much teams near the bottom/midtable as it stands 

Some tricky away games like Leeds, Hull & Sunderland but we’ve been phenomenal away. We’ve got a great chance 

We have a win rate of 77%, 11 from 16 is 69% - so not unreasonable

Luton finished 3rd last season and as we know got promoted via the playoffs. Their totals at the end of a 46 game season:

Won 21, Drew 17, Lost 8. Goals For 57, Goals against 39, Goal Difference + 18.  Points 80. 

After 30 games, we:

• Won 3 more games.
  • Scored 7 more goals
  • Only 8 points from their total with 16 games left to play.

Suppose not so crazy as they came 3rd, but feels nuts to me!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Can we rack up a record number of doubles this season?

I started a thread about this ("Teams we have done the double over, 23/24"),  just before the Huddersfield game, in anticipation of our first double of the season. A few posters wet the bed, as if I was putting the 'mokkers' on it, or providing Huddersfield with motivating material, and the mods removed the thread! It was only gonna be a (hopefully lengthy) list akin to the "teams that can't catch us" thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

I started a thread about this ("Teams we have done the double over, 23/24"),  just before the Huddersfield game, in anticipation of our first double of the season. A few posters wet the bed, as if I was putting the 'mokkers' on it, or providing Huddersfield with motivating material, and the mods removed the thread! It was only gonna be a (hopefully lengthy) list akin to the "teams that can't catch us" thread.

Some right miserable fvckers about.

Like a threads going to do that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Superstition wins, unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Just one time when Mads wanders forward with the ball, I want him to pass to a midfielder, but go on an overlapping run for the return ball. It's all I ask!

There was that time i thought he was going to take a throw in. That would have been awesome.

• Haha 1

To beat Reading's max points total, we need 32 points from 15 games = 2.13ppg

Over the last 15 games we have accumulated 38 points = 2.53 ppg

It's possible!!

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1