Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

2 hours ago, Noahfence said:

I know we’re probably going to end up being an anomaly for a team in the championship but I want us to smash all these records 

Since the 2004 rebrand i *think* these are the current records for the following 

Goals Scored: 106 Fulham 21/22

Goals conceded: 30 Watford 20/21

Most wins: 31 Reading 05/06 & Leicester 13/14

Clean sheets: 24 (Various) 

• Like 2

Put together a couple of projected tables (current top 6) based on PPGs of the season so far, and what might be required given realistic form swings.

First table is what would be required for our rivals if we dropped to their form. For instance, if we have results similar to Leeds so far (1.85 PPG) we'll finish on 101 points and Leeds would need a PPG of 2.65 to catch that.

Obviously, if we dropped to Sunderland's form then it'd also make it easier for the others to catch us than what I've listed as well, but it gets messy with all the combos of (LCFC@x's form VS y's form required).

image.png.54e9898f1c14bbad790a033f6be7c302.png

Second table is the flip of that projection: If one of our rivals suddenly hits the same form we've shown so far this season (a nice round 2.5 PPG), what would LCFC require in order to stay ahead of them (with at least 2 having to do so for us not to get automatic). Again using Leeds as the example, they'd end on 98pts so we'd need to earn 1.65 PPG to match that.

image.png.121e15e54ecca6b10a4d0579c0b5a8cd.png

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

i think I've said it before, but I'll say it again (as I like it so much) ...

This Century, only 5 teams have won all the major English domestic honours (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup).   

And we are one of them.   (the other 4 irrelevant ones being Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool)

It still blows my mind to think we have won the three major domestic honours more recently that Arsenal. We have won the league Cup twice since they last won it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I keep hearing Leicester are top because of how poor the league is this season but that surely isn’t telling the whole story is it?

To say the league standard is poor means it has to relate to something like the premier league. Who some are saying is poor by its own standards this season lol.

why can’t it be a combination of Leicester actually being too good for this league in its current state which is poor compared to other seasons.

just irks me everytime Leicester accomplish  something it’s always because the competition are having a poor season. 
premier league, champions league triumphs, FA cup, charity shield and now potentially promotion by a record setting point tally. It’s like we’re kryptonite on everyone.

tired of the bollox. Leicester win on merit!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

This Century, only 5 teams have won all the major English domestic honours (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup).   

And we are one of them.   (the other 4 irrelevant ones being Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool)

We only need the Football League Trophy and League 2 for the full set. 👍

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I keep hearing Leicester are top because of how poor the league is this season but that surely isn’t telling the whole story is it?

To say the league standard is poor means it has to relate to something like the premier league. Who some are saying is poor by its own standards this season lol.

why can’t it be a combination of Leicester actually being too good for this league in its current state which is poor compared to other seasons.

just irks me everytime Leicester accomplish  something it’s always because the competition are having a poor season. 
premier league, champions league triumphs, FA cup, charity shield and now potentially promotion by a record setting point tally. It’s like we’re kryptonite on everyone.

The championship is probably stronger than it has been for a few years. We’ve got 1st and 2nd with record point totals for the stage of the season and 3rd and 4th who would usually be first and second with their points. 

I think the difference lies because we shouldn’t have got relegated with the squad we had, even after sales in the summer, added a good manager and some new players we’re arguably a mid table prem team that’s been dropped into the championship. 

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

They werent complaining when Burnley and Sheffield United were top of the league last year and look how shit they are in the PL.

If we werent in the league everyone would be creaming themselves about the Ipswich, Southampton, Leeds title race, we have just shown everyone the gap between Championship teams that will be fighting for relegation next season (Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton) and a team that will be comfortably mid table.

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

In all honesty, who cares. Just enjoy what we are doing. Doesn't matter how and when you win something. Spurs would bite your hand off for a trophy!

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're top because we're a Premier League level team that opted into this league through sheer negligence over a long period of time. The only narrative that needs pushing is how badly we've underachieved in 2022/23. But that being said it was not a given that we would turn it around, so the manager deserves a lot more credit than he will get for it.

Completely agree. 

I've heard very few mentions in the media of how bad it was that we got relegated - rather what seems to get mentioned is that we have PL quality players. 

That said, I think Enzo has been taken for granted in how easily he has got things gelling and had us winning games when we've played badly. It could easily have been a slow start which inevitably would've ratcheted up the pressure on Enzo and the players. The crazy stat thread and the what do we do next season thread being very active in November is frankly nuts really when you think about it.

Plenty of us had a lot of concern before the season and I think if we'd kept Dean Smith or got a championship journeyman the threads above would be completely dead.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 09:48, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-9021575

PORTOPINION

Thanks to the rotation by Maresca for the FA Cup tie at Millwall at the weekend, six of the 13 players to feature were graduates from City’s academy: Jakub Stolarczyk, Ben Nelson, Hamza Choudhury, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Wanya Marcal, and Tawanda Maswanhise. Four of the six, including debutant Maswanhise joined the club at under-nine level.

That now takes the total number of academy players used this season to seven, with Kasey McAteer involved as well, and it’s likely to be eight before the campaign is out with Maresca a big fan of Will Alves.

The number of local lads involved means it’s unlikely that City’s streak of having at least one academy player in every senior matchday squad will end soon. The run is now up to 257 games, starting more than five years ago.

Yeah but we have a premiership squad and have spent millions. So everyone says

On 07/01/2024 at 21:41, worth_the_wait said:

Absolutely love this stat. I can remember around 1993 after following the club for 30 years that as far as the three domestic majors were concerned we had won nowt apart from the League Cup in 64 when a number of tops sides did not enter. I used to dream just let us have one League Cup let alone FA Cup and I would be happy. You could say the next 30 years have turned things around somewhat.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

I thought I'd exhausted nearly all of the wikipedia pages on English football records but I stumbled on this recently. We should be going joint 8th.

Screenshot2024-01-10at13_30_47.thumb.png.36b5b1c543c296cdea79627ffea1c7fc.png

Clearly made by a Liverpool fan! They will go to extraordinary lengths to prove to everyone they are the greatest team that ever played the game. 

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Clearly made by a Liverpool fan! They will go to extraordinary lengths to prove to everyone they are the greatest team that ever played the game. 

Also 'made' by Sunderland, Wolves, Villa, Everton and Sheffield Wednesday fans by that logic...

• Like 1