Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

11 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

This certainly is crazy - even though we have scored more goals than any other team in the football league and have one of the highest shot conversion rates - our finishing is really bad.

It was certainly poor in the 2nd half vs Leeds and a few times vs Bournemouth but over the season it's been pretty good. It's a bit of Akinbiyi syndrome I think, the more chances you create the more opportunities for glaring misses. 

On 27/02/2024 at 20:07, Sunbury Fox said:

According to the official stats, we've created 11 big chances in the last 3 games, and missed 9 of them!! 

22% is not going to cut it at the next level

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Is that our season long rate though or just this (meaningless) 3 game sample? 

Also, given those teams are 3rd, 10th, 1st, 5th and 7th respectively, is that a fair benchmark? We only need 17th or slightly better next season.

What are the conversion rates for the bottom 3? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2

On 28/02/2024 at 01:07, Sunbury Fox said:

According to the official stats, we've created 11 big chances in the last 3 games, and missed 9 of them!! 

We do miss some really simple chances. Daka had two absolute gimmes in the last two league games. The Boro headed miss from a few yards and obviously the simple shot at Leeds. I know he was unlucky with the offside. Probably cost us six points and we could all have relaxed! 

47 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

We do miss some really simple chances. Daka had two absolute gimmes in the last two league games. The Boro headed miss from a few yards and obviously the simple shot at Leeds. I know he was unlucky with the offside. Probably cost us six points and we could all have relaxed! 

The Vardy miss against Boro was probably the worst miss of all.  Vestergaard missed two very good chances against Boro too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

To be fair, over the season our conversion rate of big chances is 44%. We have created 104 (already more than Burnley over the whole of last season with 13 games to go) and scored 46 of them. 

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

It's a very isolated sample this though.

Our shots to goal ratio is 10.9% (70 goals from 642 shots) - only preston have a better figure (12.4%)

leeds are actually 7th with 9.2%

Our rate is the same as Arsenal who are third best in the PL (behind newcastle and villa)

Everton are dead last on 5.5%, Burnley are at 7%.

So, generally speaking, our finishing is not a problem - we certainly aren't wasteful, even though it sometimes feels we are.

On 28/02/2024 at 20:28, Lillehamring said:

This certainly is crazy - even though we have scored more goals than any other team in the football league and have one of the highest shot conversion rates - our finishing is really bad.

34 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Our shots to goal ratio is 10.9% (70 goals from 642 shots) - only preston have a better figure (12.4%)

Our rate is the same as Arsenal who are third best in the PL (behind newcastle and villa)

So, generally speaking, our finishing is not a problem - we certainly aren't wasteful, even though it sometimes feels we are.

Err...

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Err...

Um, it's all there if you take the time to read it.  But just for your benefit (and i'll highlight the distinctions to make it a little easier for you) the point i'm making is that there is a perception that we have been wasteful in front of goal (especially in the boro and leeds games), but the reality is that we're actually really good at finishing. pretty simple, really.  

Go on read the posts again an you'll see that it all makes sense ;)

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Um, it's all there if you take the time to read it.  But just for your benefit (and i'll highlight the distinctions to make it a little easier for you) the point i'm making is that there is a perception that we have been wasteful in front of goal (especially in the boro and leeds games), but the reality is that we're actually really good at finishing. pretty simple, really.  

Go on read the posts again an you'll see that it all makes sense ;)

Does being condescending strengthen your point?

54 minutes ago, majaco said:

Does being condescending strengthen your point?

If people can't understand what i've written, then it behoves me to spoon feed my point to them so that they can see it.

It's borne of displeasure in someone clearly not reading what i've put but seeing the chance to get a few lol's because they think, incorrectly, that they're smart.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I think the conversion rate of big chances is a better measure of finishing quality than the shots to goals ratio. I suspect we do well on the latter as we take very few long shots and generally try to work a good opening before we shoot. 

• Like 2