Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Ben Chilwell

I can't get over how many retards there are on here throwing their toys out the pram because our second string team didn't win a cup game and concluding that that means we're now doomed.

So many in fact that there seems to be very little mention of the most significant thing to come out of yesterday, Ben Chilwell looking fantastic for the second game running.

I'm not normally one to jump on the bandwagon for our youth players until they actually start to establish themselves but I've been enormously impressed with Chilwell over these two games. He's come in and looked confident, composed, solid. He looks like he immediately belongs at this level.

He's good on the ball, good touch, works hard, holds his shape much better than De Laet and Simpson on the other side who've been doing it for years and he seems to have good anticipation for where the play is going.

Really made up for the lad. Have every faith he'll become a solid member of the squad.

Personally I thought he played too narrow in the first half. Gave Walker way too much time on the ball. 2nd half was much better from him. I wouldn't say he had an outstanding performance. A solid performance overall would be my assessment. Certainly looks to be a great prospect for the future especially with Gray in front of him. We could have a lethal left side for years to come

Very good, but the real question is Fuch's or Chilwell, because only one of them is going to play and the other is going to sit on the bench.

I don't think that's an issue at all. Fuchs plays. I'm not suggesting Chilwell is top class immediately, getting carried away helps nobody.

But Fuchs is in his thirties and Chilwell is in his teens. Hopefully he'll learn a lot from Fuchs in the next year or two and we tie him up on a tidy contract.

Walker had far too much space..

Chilwell is a good young prospect, but he's nowhere near ready for this level.

its been a clear game plan in the three games vs spurs to give them all the space they like down the wings, and deal with the crosses into the box. "walker had far too much space" yet neither of their full backs created a meaningful chance in 3 games... 

I can't get over how many retards there are on here throwing their toys out the pram because our second string team didn't win a cup game and concluding that that means we're now doomed.

So many in fact that there seems to be very little mention of the most significant thing to come out of yesterday, Ben Chilwell looking fantastic for the second game running.

I'm not normally one to jump on the bandwagon for our youth players until they actually start to establish themselves but I've been enormously impressed with Chilwell over these two games. He's come in and looked confident, composed, solid. He looks like he immediately belongs at this level.

He's good on the ball, good touch, works hard, holds his shape much better than De Laet and Simpson on the other side who've been doing it for years and he seems to have good anticipation for where the play is going.

Really made up for the lad. Have every faith he'll become a solid member of the squad.

Really nice to see both him and Gray looked confident, both constantly looking for the ball and wanting to be involved. Pretty much everything attack wise came through them, if they'd had some movement in front of them and were performing in a confident attacking machine (like we were) I think they'd both happily slot into the first team without much trouble if needed.

Personally I thought he played too narrow in the first half. Gave Walker way too much time on the ball. 2nd half was much better from him. I wouldn't say he had an outstanding performance. A solid performance overall would be my assessment. Certainly looks to be a great prospect for the future especially with Gray in front of him. We could have a lethal left side for years to come

Agreed. Chilwell was good but he wasn't "absolutely fantastic" as some people are saying.

i thought he played well and was one of our better players on the night I thought our worst player and has been the last few times he came on was Ulloa he look way to slow no movement or control and that's slightly concerning as we have just let a decent striker go out on loan

Went last night with a Peterborough supporting mate(although he does see us 3 times a year)

Not being a regular supporter knowing the players like us I think he is probably a good judge.He was impressed with Chilwell and Gray,I thought Chilwell had a dodgy first 10 mins and then he was superb.Moves forward well in support and competent on the ball.Think both the above mentioned players are going to be an asset.

Few moments where he looked uncomfortable but no more than some of the seasoned professionals he had around him last night. Think he can be proud of the two performances he's put in against Spurs. Defensively he looks sound for such a young player, I think it's rare that you see players as young as him putting in a performance such as that against opposition of this level in a defensive role. We know how exciting a young player with flair can be in the prem but to see him offer such a good all round performance is very pleasing. Undoubtedly shouldn't have gave Son so much space for their opener but you learn from that and he dealt with a similar situation later on by closing down and getting the block in. He's pleasing to watch going forwards and some of his deliveries were fantastic, with a few more clinical minds around him last night he could have been coming away with an assist. You'd think him and Gray have been team mates away from the Leicester and England set up for years, promising partnership forming. 

He was our second d best player and a 7 out of 10. Played like a teenager at times (to be expected) yet others he played like a 100 cap international. Great technique, good tackler, good leap on him and got stuck in when he needed to. Shame that his one big mistake got punished so much.

Would like to see him overlap a little more, but he is probably under instruction to remain behind Gray at all times.

Thought he looked quite assured on the ball the majority of the time and didn't look too out of place against a strong right hand side. Going to Hudds on loan has clearly helped with his development. It's a tough one this season now. I'd like to see him getting some game time, if he's not going to get much pitch time, we may as well offer him out on loan again. Now is the time for him to playing and working on his game.

Would like to see him overlap a little more, but he is probably under instruction to remain behind Gray at all times.

Thought he looked quite assured on the ball the majority of the time and didn't look too out of place against a strong right hand side. Going to Hudds on loan has clearly helped with his development. It's a tough one this season now. I'd like to see him getting some game time, if he's not going to get much pitch time, we may as well offer him out on loan again. Now is the time for him to playing and working on his game.

I thought he overlapped more than Fuchs, or Simpson ever do. In the last few games he's ended up in the box quite a few times.

Archived