Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

Just ordered a home shirt in large with 'Believe' and '1' on the back (with badges) from JC Sports. Posting to my home in London. A bit pricey @ £75 including postage, but beats driving up to the club shop on spec to try your luck. Thanks to those of you who mentioned JC Sports in earlier post. 

Just ordered a home shirt in large with 'Believe' and '1' on the back from (with badges) from JC Sports. Posting to my home in London. A bit pricey @ £75 including postage, but beats driving up to the club shop on spec to try your luck. Thanks to those of you who mentioned JC Sports in earlier post. 

You don't want to get "Believe" on the back, I've heard Arsenal have triggered his release clause.

My only issue with JC Sports is they don't always use official lettering, I saw someone at Riverside Festival with literally 'arial' font and a number 2

looked awful.

I'd buy barclays 15/16 badges and use comic sans if I really wanted to ruin a shirt.

JC just produce the numbers in the shop out on print out paper

I guess it depends how OCD that kinda thing gets you, I personally would keep it plain and get it printed at a sports direct or DW sports.

My only issue with JC Sports is they don't always use official lettering, I saw someone at Riverside Festival with literally 'arial' font and a number 2

looked awful.

I'd buy barclays 15/16 badges and use comic sans if I really wanted to ruin a shirt.

I guess it depends how OCD that kinda thing gets you, I personally would keep it plain and get it printed at a sports direct or DW sports.

They do have the official lettering now mate, had my brothers done there.

I think they're actually an official part of the club shop now.

looked awful.

I am OCD about that type of thing, but I went on the fact that they state they are an official kit supplier. Hope it's true!

They do have the official lettering now mate, had my brothers done there.

I think they're actually an official part of the club shop now.

Phew! They're actually out of stock for some letters but getting new stock tomorrow, which to me kind of backs up what you are saying. At least I hope so!

looked awful.

I did mine with an iron, that way its not lop sided like half the 1s the club seem to do are, and I can use the player sized letters and numbers that look bolder than the replica/youth size 1s the club use. Might be a bad choice of name though we'll see 

IMG_2068.jpg

A friend has just picked me the home shirt up from the king power/lcfc store in Bangkok airport for £25. Bargain

You can get the fake 1s over here for that too

A friend has just picked me the home shirt up from the king power/lcfc store in Bangkok airport for £25. Bargain

Doubt it'll come with the Puma logo..? The last season's didn't...

just noticed the red away kits sponsor os within the fabric! dunno how i feel about it

At first I thought yeah thats good at least it won't peel off this time and then I noticed it looks really 1 sided on my 1

I did mine with an iron, that way its not lop sided like half the 1s the club seem to do are, and I can use the player sized letters and numbers that look bolder than the replica/youth size 1s the club use. Might be a bad choice of name though we'll see 

IMG_2068.jpg

Have you had a go at the premier league patches with an iron yet?

I bought some player size ones online but it came with an instruction sheet saying how much bar pressure you need to press on them.

So I gave up even trying when I read that.

Have you had a go at the premier league patches with an iron yet?

I bought some player size ones online but it came with an instruction sheet saying how much bar pressure you need to press on them.

So I gave up even trying when I read that.

Yeah I did you gotta be really careful with these, reason being is you've got loads of seams in these shirt sleeve that can leave an iron print plus the material that goes around the bottom and middle scorches really easy. To do it you need some teflon heat resistant paper and I'd recommend a small type of mat (I used foam to go inside the sleeve underneath the patch (also make sure it is heat resistant! I tested it on an old shirt first) 

Screen_Shot_2016_06_07_at_19_36_00.png

Also make sure you don't stretch out the sleeve underneath, leave it as natural as you can but smoothed out enough so there are no creases in the sleeves. As for the pressure it was hard to know how much to apply, I just did enough so that I knew the iron was pressing on the whole patch surface area firmly but not pressing down on it hard either.

Archived