Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

Yeah I did you gotta be really careful with these, reason being is you've got loads of seams in these shirt sleeve that can leave an iron print plus the material that goes around the bottom and middle scorches really easy. To do it you need some teflon heat resistant paper and I'd recommend a small type of mat (I used foam to go inside the sleeve underneath the patch (also make sure it is heat resistant! I tested it on an old shirt first)

Also make sure you don't stretch out the sleeve underneath, leave it as natural as you can but smoothed out enough so there are no creases in the sleeves. As for the pressure it was hard to know how much to apply, I just did enough so that I knew the iron was pressing on the whole patch surface area firmly but not pressing down on it hard either.

Cheers for that, my patches feel really stiff compared to last seasons but seeing as they've altered them and we have the winners ones maybe that's it.

I was going to use greaseproof paper between the iron and the patch, didn't think about under the patch/ back of sleeve at all.

Might leave them off for now, the shirts aren't the best to get crease free without trying to get the patch right as well.

Cheers for that, my patches feel really stiff compared to last seasons but seeing as they've altered them and we have the winners ones maybe that's it.

I was going to use greaseproof paper between the iron and the patch, didn't think about under the patch/ back of sleeve at all.

Might leave them off for now, the shirts aren't the best to get crease free without trying to get the patch right as well.

Yeah the problem with the player 1s because of the size and how stiff they are it makes the sleeves go quite out of shape, just ordered Champions League 1s for my red away shirt 

I used to iron names/numbers/patches etc, as I'm a bit sad and insist on the player size stuff.

Since they've been plastic the have become a lot more difficult to get right without scorching the material or leaving iron marks on the print. They also have a tendency to start peeling sooner than if printed.

JC Sports will print if you take your own patches, names and numbers in, he will also make you watch him do it meaning that you can place it!

He charges £5, the names, numbers and patches that I used were purchased from Subside Sports

Further to this, if you have one that you have ironed and it has started peeling they will put the heat press over it for you, last time he did this for free.

Hope this helps!

If anyone is after a home shirt in medium with the champions patches let me know, ended up with two after I bought one for myself and my Grandad picked one up for me, cost me £57 altogether so just looking to cover what I paid for it. 

Still has the tags on but cannot return it as I had the printing done!

If anyone is after a home shirt in medium with the champions patches let me know, ended up with two after I bought one for myself and my Grandad picked one up for me, cost me £57 altogether so just looking to cover what I paid for it. 

Still has the tags on but cannot return it as I had the printing done!

Is it still in the cellophane/sealed? I'm not fussed about the champions patches so I'd only want to pay £50. You might be better off flogging it on ebay though.

I used to iron names/numbers/patches etc, as I'm a bit sad and insist on the player size stuff.

Since they've been plastic the have become a lot more difficult to get right without scorching the material or leaving iron marks on the print. They also have a tendency to start peeling sooner than if printed.

JC Sports will print if you take your own patches, names and numbers in, he will also make you watch him do it meaning that you can place it!

He charges £5, the names, numbers and patches that I used were purchased from Subside Sports

Further to this, if you have one that you have ironed and it has started peeling they will put the heat press over it for you, last time he did this for free.

Hope this helps!

JC it is then.

Na I genuinely don't guys, the reason how I learnt to do it myself is because I live in Cornwall I've always had problems with them not being done properly, falling off and then having issues sending it back etc and then they send it back and I still have the same problem so in the end I just learnt to do them myself. Personally I think they can do them better than me because they have better tools for the job so if you're in Leicester get them to do it instead particularly JC Sports, unfortunately the club 1 don't appear to take much effort with the placement etc. Did my away shirt today if anyones interested 

Screen_Shot_2016_06_08_at_17_18_47.jpg

Was the respect badge standard?

I always thought it was two balls on euro badges.

Same price as Prem ones I take it.

Na always been 1 for Champions League I think, years ago used to be a star instead I think? Cost about £8 I think off eBay

How weird is it seeing the champions league patches on a Leicester shirt. That pic is probably the best I've seen of the red kit, looks quite decent.

Yeah, I'm rating that to be fair!

Theres a few people on fb saying we're having a Champions League kit too this year, 1 of them is saying its Nike. Find it hard to believe myself smell a bit of bull but they reckon they've been told that by people who work at the club 

Theres a few people on fb saying we're having a Champions League kit too this year, 1 of them is saying its Nike. Find it hard to believe myself smell a bit of bull but they reckon they've been told that by people who work at the club 

I can't see why we would have a Puma kit for the league and Nike for Champions League. Surely Puma would be in on this and want first pick?

I can't see why we would have a Puma kit for the league and Nike for Champions League. Surely Puma would be in on this and want first pick?

Yeah I thought exactly the same, but this is what they were claiming to have been told. Don't believe them myself 

If we somehow do end up with a Nike CL kit I hope it's not the Vapor/Aeroswift template... ugly, generic design with virtually no design elements to separate a team like Portugal's kit from a team like England's

The sooner that training tops out the sooner I can fritter some hard earned readies

I like the training gear too, have a few tops from previous seasons and shorts, usually travel shorts as they have zipped pockets.

Bought a jacket last season so won't buy another of those but shall go for a top or two.

Just had these badges arrive and put them on my home shirt - the blue and gold of the badge goes well with the blue and the gold piping on the new shirts

Much better than the official badges as has been said.

Has anyone ever had two different kit manufacturers within the same season? Unless Puma were really sloppy writing up the original contract, and we're looking to ditch them within 12 months, I couldn't see Puma allowing it to happen.

Then again, being Leicester I could see us having Puma for the season, Nike for the Champions League, then getting relegated and ending up with Errea.

Has anyone ever had two different kit manufacturers within the same season? Unless Puma were really sloppy writing up the original contract, and we're looking to ditch them within 12 months, I couldn't see Puma allowing it to happen.

Then again, being Leicester I could see us having Puma for the season, Nike for the Champions League, then getting relegated and ending up with Errea.

there's a clause with Joma from when we last had them that if we got promoted and then relegated back in to the Football League, we have to go back with them. 

Archived