Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

I saw that! Red as the main colour with white puma logos... Hopefully we'll see the full kit soon!

Yup! I bet the guys who hated the 3rd kit a few years back because it was red are losing their shit right now lol

No. Demand and supply are determined separately. Except for luxury items, or items trying to be perceived as such, where supply is kept artificially low (diamonds for example), so that people perceive that it is rare, attribute value to it and demand the item, and so then price is kept high with high demand.

The demand for a Leicester shirt, from the fan store at the already published price, is pretty much fixed. If supply changes, the price won't change, and neither will demand.

The only people who could potentially benefit from low supply are the ebayers not the club.

I'm not calling football shirts a "luxury item", but surely in our case, you can see that with us winning the allegedly most prestigious league title in the World, demand for even the simplest of memorabilia has skyrocketed. Everyone wants a piece of it. And shirts are the No.1 seller at every football club. Hence the huge demand.

PUMA have a history of producing too few shirts (see the 2014/2015 season for reference). I can't see why they weren't warned or could prepare in time, especially as we were closing in on the Premier League trophy. Even if we hadn't won it, we'd still have written a very good story, affecting loads of football fans across the globe and affecting our shirt sales, as well.

You know, I may be a bit too obsessed with the subject, but I still can't believe a company as huge and established as PUMA can be so ill-prepared when it comes to producing enough shirts on time. So my guess is they're holding the supply low on purpose. And they do profit, too: Since they are the official partner of the 2015/2016 PL winners, they gain in status and stature, as well.

I'm not calling football shirts a "luxury item", but surely in our case, you can see that with us winning the allegedly most prestigious league title in the World, demand for even the simplest of memorabilia has skyrocketed. Everyone wants a piece of it. And shirts are the No.1 seller at every football club. Hence the huge demand.

PUMA have a history of producing too few shirts (see the 2014/2015 season for reference). I can't see why they weren't warned or could prepare in time, especially as we were closing in on the Premier League trophy. Even if we hadn't won it, we'd still have written a very good story, affecting loads of football fans across the globe and affecting our shirt sales, as well.

You know, I may be a bit too obsessed with the subject, but I still can't believe a company as huge and established as PUMA can be so ill-prepared when it comes to producing enough shirts on time. So my guess is they're holding the supply low on purpose. And they do profit, too: Since they are the official partner of the 2015/2016 PL winners, they gain in status and stature, as well.

It's genesis not Puma.

And again, the supply doesn't affect the demand. The demand is high, but it is in no way related to the supply, which is what your previous posted said. The scarcity of the shirt doesn't increase demand.

so.....I'm off to Las Vegas today....such a shame I couldn't get a new shirt to wear out there... guess it's the old one then!

the fiasco around not ordering enough shirts is as bad as the crappy LCFC direct website! Get it sorted!

Guest CityFan 06

To be honest, I liked the ones we've just had last season. Blue, White and Black. I mean in an ideal world, I'd like to see our white shorts return to the home kit, but at least the major club colour blue is still there. By the sounds of it, this upcoming season we'll be having a red away kit and a black one, which I can live with tbh.

It's genesis not Puma.

And again, the supply doesn't affect the demand. The demand is high, but it is in no way related to the supply, which is what your previous posted said. The scarcity of the shirt doesn't increase demand.

Genesis supply the shirts for PUMA, but PUMA has control over production and sales, they coordinate it all. The shirts are sold under the PUMA moniker.

The global following is growing and so is the demand for the new shirt. Whether the low supply has no influence on the demand, remains debatable. Sales psychology works in mysterious ways at times...

Like I've said, it's a unique situation we're finding ourselves in and this has resulted in a special appreciation from all over the world.

I'd just like a shirt for myself sometime soon  :D and thus hope it's not going to be like last season all over again.

Genesis supply the shirts for PUMA, but PUMA has control over production and sales, they coordinate it all. The shirts are sold under the PUMA moniker.

The global following is growing and so is the demand for the new shirt. Whether the low supply has no influence on the demand, remains debatable. Sales psychology works in mysterious ways at times...

Like I've said, it's a unique situation we're finding ourselves in and this has resulted in a special appreciation from all over the world.

I'd just like a shirt for myself sometime soon :D and thus hope it's not going to be like last season all over again.

How does Puma have control over the production and sales?! I think you've got that very wrong. The only control they have is that they can remove Genesis' licence to produce and sell PUMA branded shirts if they do not fulfill their contractual obligations. Or if Puma feel they will make money from taking over the contract. We've only ordered 80,000 shirts which is only £4,000,000 at retail. That isn't enough IMO for them to take over the contract.

Secondly, as I said, unless the price changes (which it won't, unless the only supply is via ebay), the demand at £50 is pretty much fixed. Supplying less will not make people demand more. That only works for luxury items. Two degrees in Economics says I don't think Genesis or the club are pretending to be De Beers by trying to increase demand by not supplying enough shirts.

They will have seen the demand and hopefully will have increased the order. Although there haven't been any rumours to that effect. But I'd also like a shirt, so I hope they do order enough.

How does Puma have control over the production and sales?! I think you've got that very wrong. The only control they have is that they can remove Genesis' licence to produce and sell PUMA branded shirts if they do not fulfill their contractual obligations. Or if Puma feel they will make money from taking over the contract. We've only ordered 80,000 shirts which is only £4,000,000 at retail. That isn't enough IMO for them to take over the contract.

Secondly, as I said, unless the price changes (which it won't, unless the only supply is via ebay), the demand at £50 is pretty much fixed. Supplying less will not make people demand more. That only works for luxury items. Two degrees in Economics says I don't think Genesis or the club are pretending to be De Beers by trying to increase demand by not supplying enough shirts.

They will have seen the demand and hopefully will have increased the order. Although there haven't been any rumours to that effect. But I'd also like a shirt, so I hope they do order enough.

angif-blow-your-own-horn.gif540_293_resize_20130501_a9742b53621f7ca8

Had to buy a few of our fake shirts off Aliexpress and there always seems to be one or two things off that can be distinguishable to a half trained eye. If we're still stocking up in a couple of months I'll definitely have to get a genuine one this time round.

One decent thing I have found on Ali though, these beauties for three and a half quid a pair

Barclays-Premier-League-Gold-Champions-S

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Barclays-Premier-League-Gold-Champions-Soccer-Patch-two-2015-2016-EPL-gold-Championship-soccer-Badges-15/32448657913.html

Had to buy a few of our fake shirts off Aliexpress and there always seems to be one or two things off that can be distinguishable to a half trained eye. If we're still stocking up in a couple of months I'll definitely have to get a genuine one this time round.

One decent thing I have found on Ali though, these beauties for three and a half quid a pair

Barclays-Premier-League-Gold-Champions-S

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Barclays-Premier-League-Gold-Champions-Soccer-Patch-two-2015-2016-EPL-gold-Championship-soccer-Badges-15/32448657913.html

Sooooo much better than the shit design we're stuck with

Archived