Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Deeney is nowhere near good enough for us! If we were going to sign a striker from Watford it would be Ighalo. Deeney is no better than what we currently have so would be a pointless signing

You know nothing. Deeney is the hearbeat of the Watford team and the reason Ighalo is scoring goals. Should be in the England squad.

You know nothing. Deeney is the hearbeat of the Watford team and the reason Ighalo is scoring goals. Should be in the England squad.

It's all about opinions and to say I know nothing is just childish. And Deeney should be in the England squad ahead of who exactly? Kane? Vardy? We all know Rooney is guaranteed to be picked as he's captain so exactly where does Deeney fit in? I see Deeney is getting a lot of loving from our fans but personally think we should be aiming much higher.

Hopefully we can purchase 3-6 players who will improve the squad as i expect some players who are not getting first team football to leave, my biggest fear is that it's going to be a long summer in terms of speculation/bids towards our key players. 

It's been like that for the past three years. Didn't Fulham or someone bid £4 million for Knocky back in the day?

It's been like that for the past three years. Didn't Fulham or someone bid £4 million for Knocky back in the day?

They went after Liam Moore but luckily we stayed strong. 

I'd love Sigurdsson and a beast of a striker (Lukaku type). A young CB to learn off Wes and Huth needed too i think.

Whatever happens it's nice to know our scouts will make far better calls then any of us could.

They went after Liam Moore but luckily we stayed strong. 

I'd love Sigurdsson and a beast of a striker (Lukaku type). A young CB to learn off Wes and Huth needed too i think.

Whatever happens it's nice to know our scouts will make far better calls then any of us could.

Yes, it was Liam. Another (then) PL team wanted Knocky, but I can't remember who.

Sigurdsson  is a good player and a proven goal scorer, I always thought we should have signed him when he wasn't getting a game at Spurs.

Ighalo is a very mobile striker which would suit our style. But it seems we're still after the lad with CSK Moscow.

The strange one is the mirror report that we're after the left back of AJAX. We already have Fuchs, Chillwell and Schlupp if needed there.

Maybe it's to put Chillwell under a bit of pressure to sign his contract offer. 

Rob Green is in the cold at QPR because they don't want to give him a new contract (which he'd earn automatically after 30 apps). I wouldn't want him here as no. 1, and he wouldn't dislodge Kasper anyway, but I think he would probably be better than Schwarzer and Hamer, and Iversen isn't likely to be the regular backup keeper next season at his tender age. If he'd be willing to play second fiddle, I think he'd be a good free transfer in the summer.

Rob Green is in the cold at QPR because they don't want to give him a new contract (which he'd earn automatically after 30 apps). I wouldn't want him here as no. 1, and he wouldn't dislodge Kasper anyway, but I think he would probably be better than Schwarzer and Hamer, and Iversen isn't likely to be the regular backup keeper next season at his tender age. If he'd be willing to play second fiddle, I think he'd be a good free transfer in the summer.

Think he'd want to go somewhere where he'd play.

He's become a bit of a bomb scare keeper, not really the sort of person you want as second choice. If Schwarzer moved on, think we'd look for someone in a similar mould, in the twilight of a reasonably solid career.

I was drinking with a journalist yesterday who said that he has heard from several sources that Zlatan will be joining West Ham this Summer.

That doesn't sound too absurd to me... It's the sort of signing the owners like to pursue. But I could also see it massively back firing, I'm not sure what sort of fit he would be to the current West Ham style / ethos.

No one thought Zlatsn would go to PSG.

He said himself, his next move will be a big surprise.

Football is a crazy world. Zlatan is a world class football player. Then again, so are Kante and Mahrez.

Champions League football attracts a different type of player.

Hypothetically, if, just if, he came to Leicester City and we went on to do what Nottingham Forest did by winning the Champions League, with Zlatan / Vardy leading the front line. Would people finally acknowledge that he is on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi?

No because he isn't, and I'm a huge fan of him as a player.

If we end up selling Mahrez, I would actually love a Knocky return. He's not on the same level as Mahrez but a similar type of player

If we end up selling Mahrez, I would actually love a Knocky return. He's not on the same level as Mahrez but a similar type of player

Jesus christ, a windup? surely a windup?

Youre talking about someone who didnt consistently do it at championSHIP level, let alone champions league level.

If we are looking at the right back position, Martin Montoya, Barcelona? out of favour and out on loan to Betis, would be fantastic.

Erm...as much as I loved Knocky in his day it was at a different level.

Similar type of player?

Erm...

Knocky has nothing like the pace of Mahrez

His first touch is 10 times worse than Mahrez

His decision making is nowhere near as good

He can't go past a player like Mahrez

His finishing is awfully worse

Awareness of others is poor

Similar? Really?

Archived