Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

good plan mate. We're roughly at the same point in terms of being a year on from a major relationship ending. It is just over a year ago that my wife announced "I'm out" and it's been a tough time since then. However, if anything, I've felt a bit more relieved since the one year anniversary rolled over. Up to that point, I was constantly thinking "this time last year I was (reasonably) happily married".

Now that one year milestone is in the past, I am trying to use it as motivation to move forward.

I spent a few days in London on my own the week of "the anniversary" and it was great. Just did as I pleased and was good to get out of the house.

Just wing it mate. Camping is great, but if it pisses it down, then just get a B&B or whatever and carry on winging it!

Good luck bud

Thanks mate, I'm all set up. Got the entire campsite to myself 😂 I already feel better just pushing myself out of my comfort zone like this knowing I'm not at home wasting away and driving myself mad. Appreciate the kind words and hope the year mark helps me too in the same way it did for you.

• Like 2

On 11/08/2021 at 13:23, Carl the Llama said:

Anyone had any experience with sertraline (sp?)?  I've had a few eventful days culminating in being prescribed some of that and counselling.  

Late answer but my daughter has BPD and Sertraline is a huge help once she got used to the weight gain (not massive) and the constant feelings of thirst and hunger,

On 20/08/2021 at 19:01, Carl the Llama said:

That's terrible. If you think it's possible for you I'd seriously consider going radio silent and getting some distance.  Also talking to someone else in the family you can trust.

Since there's a theme here I may as well fill you guys in on what I've been doing lately:
A couple of months ago I stopped contact with my parents entirely after years and years, decades even at this point, of trying to open dialogue on how they've negatively impacted my mental health and seeing how we can fix things moving forwards.  Literally told them how I feel my life is utterly pointless and I'm just waiting to die but I'm sadly too much a pussy to do it myself.  They just focused on something else I said in the same message that they took offense to (my mum coercing me into not getting psychiatric support when I was 17 or 18 and under their care) and claimed was a lie (it wasn't, she literally told me I could only see one if she was also in the room, obviously I was dead against that).  Couple of months of radio silence later and the waiting to die turned into one night where I was struck with the genuine conviction that I could actually do it with the right tools which I didn't own, after all one of my key excuses not to was always because no parent should go through that, but I've now fully accepted that they don't care, so...   

Lacking the tools to act on it the conviction passed and I regretted not having had the tools in the moment so I ordered the things I needed off Amazon and began the wait for another night of full conviction.  A couple of days later one of my sisters messaged me about something and I matter of factly mentioned in my reply that I don't know how long I'll be around for, I'm just waiting for the moment to come again, it didn't even occur to me that this might be a horrible message to receive from your brother or considered a cry for help of sorts, I was just giving her fair warning.  In my mind nobody would give it a moment's notice, my parents certainly never did when I mentioned things like that. 

That night I had the police at my door despite nobody in my family knowing my address.  Since then I've had so much support from my sisters and I'm finally getting into professional help hence my Sertraline question earlier in the thread.  Am I open to ever resuming contact with my parents?  I'm genuinely not sure.  If I ever do it will have been thanks to a damn good counsellor and two excellent sisters.  In the meantime I'm just trying to build a healthy life one day at a time, they're firmly on the backburner.

On 25/08/2021 at 14:41, urban.spaceman said:

Thought I’d use my 20,000th post on this forum to just wish you all well, and to thank those of you who have helped rescue me when I’m low. 

On 25/08/2021 at 15:04, Raj said:

I was diagnosed with cycloghemia  a few years ago, which is a lesser degree of bipolar.

By talking to my inner circle,especially the Mrs and my eldest daughter who is 12, but now can understand  why dad can be a twat now and again, things are all alot  better.

Still will have ups and downs but the family just take the p1ss which is our coping mechanism.

I've avoided taking the drugs and the quack who was brilliant  is happy with my progress.

Can chat at length about this BUT anyone in the first phase of such issues- just talk ...its THE most important  thing after you've accepted there is a problem.

Good luck to you all...

I don’t get into this thread often enough, but when I do, my heart swells with pride for the guys who are fighting depression on a day to day basis and not giving up.

you 3 guys who I have quoted, I don’t know if you even realize this but you are all genuinely some of my favorite posters!

I love you guys! ( no homo).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t get into this thread often enough, but when I do, my heart swells with pride for the guys who are fighting depression on a day to day basis and not giving up.

you 3 guys who I have quoted, I don’t know if you even realize this but you are all genuinely some of my favorite posters!

I love you guys! ( no homo).

GAY!!!!😁😁😁

Thank you, that's lovely of you.

Thing is most people are fighting some sort of demons to some level.

We may all have our indifference and I've probably  kicked off with most on threads(Now you all know the reason why I do sometimes!) But we all have some basic humanity to try and help our fellow human beings.

Sometimes it's just a quick " You ok mate?" which can bring someone back from the brink.

Any poster in here should make a pledge to reach out ( Hate that ****ing americanism!) On this thread just as heads up" Guys I'm abit fu@ked up today". 

Definitely  though, EVERYONE  should get that book I've mentioned, its VERY helpful (I'm NOT on commission).

Again thanks @MPH you big gaylord x

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Saying reach out is fine just don’t use it in the work place..

C3024122-49D7-49BD-9548-8104DC701FF4.png

I work for an American firm...you should read some of the bloody emails from top brass...straight outta The Apprentice!!

Take care everyone, and remember- There is ALWAYS a sunny day after the gloom.

Edited by Raj

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

I work for an American firm...you should read some of the bloody emails from top brass...straight outta The Apprentice!!

Same. Our company was brought by an American company and it's a friggin nightmare. They speak English, but I don't understand much of it!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Raj said:

22 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Same. Our company was brought by an American company and it's a friggin nightmare. They speak English, but I don't understand much of it!

'Two countries separated by a common language'

George Bernard Shaw (possibly)

35 minutes ago, Raj said:

23 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

maybe you guys like work next to each other!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

maybe you guys like work next to each other!!!

🤣🤣🤣 I think he'd have asked me by now!!!

"Raj, are you that tw@t Raj on foxestalk by anyway?...hes a fecking twat just like you are!"

11 hours ago, Raj said:

🤣🤣🤣 I think he'd have asked me by now!!!

"Raj, are you that tw@t Raj on foxestalk by anyway?...hes a fecking twat just like you are!"

I’ve asked every Raj I’ve ever met that for years. They always deny it but I don’t believe them.

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’ve asked every Raj I’ve ever met that for years. They always deny it but I don’t believe them.

I live in North Carolina and I often get asked things like “ do you know Dave and Trish who live in Devon “

I have to remind them that’s there’s more than 55 people in England 

• Haha 4

On 01/09/2021 at 20:26, Raj said:

I work for the uk sub of an American corp and god are they annoying, bloody surveys about employee satisfaction and training all i want is more biscuits to have with my tea and please dont send me more vegan shyt in a box for Christmas if you appreciate ME understand i aint vegan and have spent 50 years dodging salad and no i dont want to progress i like my cushy number and my next career move is retirement. Sorry rant over

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I understand today is World Suicide Prevention Day, which seems as good a day as any to remind everyone that there's always somebody to talk to and things will get better; and also to be kind and understanding of others because you never know what's going through their minds. 

My wife's father is assumed to have killed himself, before my wife and I met, and she is struggling this week in particular with seeing articles and posts pop up about today that then of course remind her of her late dad. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but he was seemingly a lovely, quiet, well-read gentleman who gave no indication of what he eventually is assumed to have done. I've seen, through her, how it leaves a family with questions about whether or not they could have done more to prevent what happened, and the gaping hole it left in their lives. There's always another way. 

Indeed.  And to tag onto this don't forget that 111 option 2 exists.

• Like 1

Whilst world days are great at drawing attention for a short period. Many will have struggled with this long term. I am not saying i have never been happy but like many can point to more sad than happy times in my life. Having had a few tries at suicide and fortunately being shit at it i am still here. I am very sociable and during this lock down more for my own sanity than my team mates dont tell my boss I organised mini team meatings webexed and teams colleagues to make sure they are ok i hope its helped them,  but it has helped me. These times have been tough for everyone.

• Like 3