Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Feeling really overwhelmed today by everything. Could have really done with this being a Friday so I have the weekend to breathe. Just too much to do

Those feelings are natural, mate.

You can only do so much, we're not robots.

Could you be able to do some of the things that needs doing at another day/time?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Much love and thanks for your support lads. I read your replies straight away but needed to absorb them before replying. I feel like I need to gather as much kindness as possible and indulge in it for a while! Had a much better week this week, though my MH is volatile it’s not at its worst currently. Walked and walked and walked this week, upped my steps by 2500 a day and have so far lost almost half a stone, which makes it 3 stone overall since September (would have been more but for lockdowns). Should be back in the gym next week hopefully. 

That’s just outstanding. The mental fortitude needed to drop three stone is deeply impressive. How many more to go?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anyone had any experience with sertraline (sp?)?  I've had a few eventful days culminating in being prescribed some of that and counselling.  

Not personally, Carl, but a quick look online yields some interesting stuff that you maybe should take note of.

This in particular seems worth knowing:

'Tyramine-Rich Food Products: Interaction between sertraline and tyramine-rich foods like cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soy beans and excess chocolate can result in a sudden and dangerous increase in blood pressure.'

'Cannabis Sativa: You should not use cannabis while on sertraline since the combination may cause symptoms like confusion, panic, nervousness and anxiety.'

'Sertraline interactions with caffeine: Avoid cola drinks, chocolate, and caffeine food items, since the combination can result in a condition called serotonin syndrome with symptoms of high fever, agitation, vomiting, nausea, rapid heartbeat, trembling, sweating and weird movements on the muscles'

Hope you're ok, mate; feel free to message me if you want to chat.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anyone had any experience with sertraline (sp?)?  I've had a few eventful days culminating in being prescribed some of that and counselling.  

My 14 year old daughter takes Sertraline mate and it's been a life changer for her. The difference we've noticed in the last 6 months since she started taking it has been huge (coupled with on-going counselling)

I hope you're O.K. and keep posting on here to let us know how you're getting on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

'Cannabis Sativa: You should not use cannabis while on sertraline since the combination may cause symptoms like confusion, panic, nervousness and anxiety.'

Yeah, that it changes how weed hits is the first thing I've noticed. lol   That's fine, I've been leaning towards taking a break anyway and the unpleasantness makes it that much easier.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

'Sertraline interactions with caffeine: Avoid cola drinks, chocolate, and caffeine food items, since the combination can result in a condition called serotonin syndrome with symptoms of high fever, agitation, vomiting, nausea, rapid heartbeat, trembling, sweating and weird movements on the muscles'

This could be more of an issue, wish I'd read this before doing my shift with the 3 or 4 coffees that come with it. lol  Genuinely going to be a challenge unlike the weed, thanks for making me aware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah, that it changes how weed hits is the first thing I've noticed. lol   That's fine, I've been leaning towards taking a break anyway and the unpleasantness makes it that much easier.

I smoked for years whilst on it, it was only when I took the dosage down that I started getting come up anxiety when I smoked. Made me stop it for good, which is probably a good thing…

Come to think of it, I probably have done a lot of things you probably shouldn’t whilst on this, probably extremely lucky not to have experienced Serotonin Syndrome!

I found it helped initially but after a good few years it doesn’t seem to have the same efficacy for me, it’s definitely not for everyone but most people seem to have positive experiences with it.

• Thanks 1

For those who are struggling with how they feel, please just talk to someone you can trust; speaking to someone that you know you can trust can help with dealing with any issues you're experiencing more than you possibly know.

It's never too embarrassing or late to discuss what's bothering you/on your mind.

You're certainly not alone (although it can certainly feel like it when thinking/over-thinking about certain life issues).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-asked-family-ok-end-5768127

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 3

On 11/08/2021 at 13:23, Carl the Llama said:

Was put on this a few years ago when i went through a anxiety & mild depression spell, it made me worse as i have high blood pressure and was put on citalopram instead.

Always got time for people who need a chat as i've been there, its a difficult place but i've come out of it and on gotten better.

PM me if anyone needs a chat/let of some steam or someone to listen too, happy to help in any way i can.

Been on top of the world for the past 2 months or so, finally got my house sorted etc. Now I feel at rock bottom again ever since my ex has been messaging me again, I wish I had the strength to block her out of my life for good. I've spent the morning wondering what's the point in life.

I've self referred myself for counselling, I'm embarrassed because the situation is all my own doing, if I was stronger it wouldn't be like this.