Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

16 hours ago, Strokes said:

I lost a friend to suicide this week, I only spoke with him on Saturday and I had no idea he was suffering at all.

Please, if you’re not well and feeling like shit, reach out. We don’t want to lose you too.

Devastated.

Feel for you mate and for foxfanazer but for the different struggles you are facing a lot of us are great at hiding our real feelings emotional mind set crying and screaming at my self on the daily drive to work just to get to the carpark wipe my eyes and pretend all as rossie in the doverfox garden. Strokes not knowing the conversation you had i take it the was a sign even a little one that would you acting differently than you did. I am sure your friennd didnt want to pass his pain to you. IF ANYONE ever wants to talk i am more than happy to listen just drop me a pm.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thanks to everyone who has commented. I've just not got the energy to reply properly yet. Still here at least

Please don't feel you need to reply, just do whatever you need to. But if you feel it would help, talk away when you're ready 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had more good days than bad recently but been really down the last week or so. Really struggling financially, having no luck whatsoever in finding a job. And I’m getting so many urges to gamble again right now after being 8 months free. 

Just hate where I’m at in my life right now. Don’t know what to do and my life has no direction at all. Fed up with it all if I’m being honest.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

Had more good days than bad recently but been really down the last week or so. Really struggling financially, having no luck whatsoever in finding a job. And I’m getting so many urges to gamble again right now after being 8 months free. 

Just hate where I’m at in my life right now. Don’t know what to do and my life has no direction at all. Fed up with it all if I’m being honest.

Sorry I liked this after the first few words but finished reading and decided it's a bit inappropriate.  Have you had any kind of counselling?

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Sorry I liked this after the first few words but finished reading and decided it's a bit inappropriate.  Have you had any kind of counselling?

No worries, Yeah been having Counselling. Had about 14/15 sessions which have benefited me a bit but just not sure where I can go from here. I can’t afford anymore sessions.

3 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

No worries, Yeah been having Counselling. Had about 14/15 sessions which have benefited me a bit but just not sure where I can go from here. I can’t afford anymore sessions.

Sorry to hear that.  Definitely don't want to see you falling back into gambling, if you want to probe into things a bit more with a friendly set of ears I'd be happy for you to drop me a dm.

On 11/09/2021 at 20:25, Strokes said:

I lost a friend to suicide this week, I only spoke with him on Saturday and I had no idea he was suffering at all.

Please, if you’re not well and feeling like shit, reach out. We don’t want to lose you too.

Devastated.

So sorry to read of your loss Strokes. Don’t be too hard on yourself for not spotting the signs. Some of us are so good at hiding our pain and acting ‘normal’. He must have been so exhausted. 

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Thanks 1

On 11/09/2021 at 11:38, Buce said:

If it's not too intrusive to ask, what are your reasons for drinking?

I think identifying that is the key to stopping.

I honestly don’t know what it was about last week. Been dry this week and have felt OK. I’m able to have very long dry spells without a problem. It’s just last week I found myself buying rum or whiskey without realising and then having the whole bottle without being able to stop, every couple of days or so. I just couldn’t stop. 

On 11/09/2021 at 20:25, Strokes said:

Devastated.

So been to the funeral today, such a strange day. Celebrating the life of someone we knew but did we really know him? I’m not so sure.

RIP buddy.

• Sad 6

20 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So been to the funeral today, such a strange day. Celebrating the life of someone we knew but did we really know him? I’m not so sure.

RIP buddy.

I'd say you knew the best of him if that makes things any better.  There's nothing in my DMs yet btw, how long should I wait?

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I'd say you knew the best of him if that makes things any better.  There's nothing in my DMs yet btw, how long should I wait?

Yeah you’re probably right, just surreal hearing stories of a successful, funny, loving man but nobody knew of the suffering.

Makes me question what I’m seeing with my eyes now. Why do we hide it?

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah you’re probably right, just surreal hearing stories of a successful, funny, loving man but nobody knew of the suffering.

Makes me question what I’m seeing with my eyes now. Why do we hide it?

Nobody truly knows what's in a man's head when he's alone in the dark.