Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

15 hours ago, somebum said:

Well holy fcuk.

Earlier in this thread I was talking about embracing depression and not fighting it, and how I once struggled but these days doing fine.

Well, scratch that.

My God I have been hit by a force that has almost rendered me immobile.

Two weeks ago I was on cloud 9 but now I am in the grips of despair and anguish so crippling and overpowering I can only see a cloak of darkness in front of me. Whats more I felt those uninvited waves of anxiety further crush my soul and the panic it rides with, for so long held at bay by my content and eventually happy self, now once again knocking at my door.

I tell myself I am strong as I was before. Before I lost so much. I wont go into specifics, but I guess the Lord giveth and taketh away. 

I'm trying to crawl my way out of this. All I feel is painful sadness. I feel just writing about this on here is helpful in some way. I apologize for the extremely dark tone I don't wish to sound melodramatic My God this life rides you high one day and smashes you the next. 

Sorry to hear you're struggling.

All I can say is that in the same way things have gotten you down so, you will get through it and things will get better for you. 

You are still the same person who was offering me helpful advice at my lowest point and although your situation may have changed, you have the strength to fight it and come out the other side into the brightness again.

All the best mate, we are all working together in this thread and everyone is wishing you well for the future.

• Like 3

Guest LCFC_World

Been put on anxiety meds lately, I know it's different but it's got me very down lately. 

My major concern at the moment though is every morning I am waking up with severe tight chest pain which lasts over an hour, I don't know if it's something to do with the anxiety, has anyone else had a problem with this? 

31 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Been put on anxiety meds lately, I know it's different but it's got me very down lately. 

My major concern at the moment though is every morning I am waking up with severe tight chest pain which lasts over an hour, I don't know if it's something to do with the anxiety, has anyone else had a problem with this? 

You need to have a word with your GP. It could be a result of panic attacks but it could also be pharmacological and if it is a different antidepressant might help. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Chest pains are a common symptom of anxiety, but as you are taking meds it falls under the category of symptoms to be reported to your GP.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, somebum said:

Well holy fcuk.

Earlier in this thread I was talking about embracing depression and not fighting it, and how I once struggled but these days doing fine.

Well, scratch that.

My God I have been hit by a force that has almost rendered me immobile.

Two weeks ago I was on cloud 9 but now I am in the grips of despair and anguish so crippling and overpowering I can only see a cloak of darkness in front of me. Whats more I felt those uninvited waves of anxiety further crush my soul and the panic it rides with, for so long held at bay by my content and eventually happy self, now once again knocking at my door.

I tell myself I am strong as I was before. Before I lost so much. I wont go into specifics, but I guess the Lord giveth and taketh away. 

I'm trying to crawl my way out of this. All I feel is painful sadness. I feel just writing about this on here is helpful in some way. I apologize for the extremely dark tone I don't wish to sound melodramatic My God this life rides you high one day and smashes you the next. 

It's no great surprise if you have had a traumatic loss of some kind for depression to rear it's head.  It's a bastard like that.  You managed to live with depression before, and you can manage again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LCFC_World said:

I know this sounds cliche but, if you aren't already, why not give simple jogging/running a go? How you feel is obviously related both mentally and physically, so this could be a 'free' option that could make you feel about yourself?

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

Guest LCFC_World

Thanks guys, I'll give a jog a go but it's hard to get the motivation to do that in the first place. Regarding the chest pains it's making me reluctant to go sleep as I don't want to experience that in the morning. 

In other news, sleeping problems have been a problem anyway, and I'm on zipiclone for that but the doctor is refusing to give me more after this last dose. 

Anyway, stay safe all :) 

12 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Thanks guys, I'll give a jog a go but it's hard to get the motivation to do that in the first place. Regarding the chest pains it's making me reluctant to go sleep as I don't want to experience that in the morning. 

In other news, sleeping problems have been a problem anyway, and I'm on zipiclone for that but the doctor is refusing to give me more after this last dose. 

Anyway, stay safe all :) 

Have you considered using a herbal remedy for your sleeplessness?

I've had some success with valerian in the past.

Guest LCFC_World
Just now, Buce said:

Have you considered using a herbal remedy for your sleeplessness?

I've had some success with valerian in the past.

I've tried a few herbal tablets and sprays but I've got it in my head that they're just placebos for some reason which I think has stopped them from working for me personally. 

Id love to have a huge supppy of Zipiclone as they work like a charm :/ 

2 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

I've tried a few herbal tablets and sprays but I've got it in my head that they're just placebos for some reason which I think has stopped them from working for me personally. 

Id love to have a huge supppy of Zipiclone as they work like a charm :/ 

It's certainly not a placebo:

https://draxe.com/valerian-root/

https://www.insomnia.net/natural-remedies/valarian/

3 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Ok thanks a lot, I'll be sure to give it a go :) 

You're welcome. :)

Btw, interestingly there is also anecdotal evidence suggesting that it gives relief from anxiety as well.

Edited by Buce

2 hours ago, LCFC_World said:

Chest pains should not be ignored. They can be anything from indigestion, hiatal hernia, pulmonary embolism to a heart condition. I strongly recommend you get it checked out as soon as possible. That way you can attack the cause. 

Knowledge is power.

Guest LCFC_World
1 minute ago, Smudge said:

Chest pains should not be ignored. They can be anything from indigestion, hiatal hernia, pulmonary embolism to a heart condition. I strongly recommend you get it checked out as soon as possible. That way you can attack the cause. 

Knowledge is power.

I went this morning but he seems to think it was because he doubled my anxiety meds lately, he told me to take the ones I was on before and see if they go away. 

Tbf they did make me go "strange" when he upped the dose as in hearing things and feeling like i wasn't in this world etc...

16 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

I went this morning but he seems to think it was because he doubled my anxiety meds lately, he told me to take the ones I was on before and see if they go away. 

Tbf they did make me go "strange" when he upped the dose as in hearing things and feeling like i wasn't in this world etc...

Good news mate! I hope they work and you feel better soon. :)

Yeah, thanks for your kind replies to my post. I hate to sound melodramatic but the course of events ive endured over the past two weeks is overwhelming.

Ive endured some brutal life changes in this period. Im really struggling to find any kind of will to go on. Is anybody on here terrified of the future. Its amazing how a future can be taken away in the blink of an eye. One day you see it clearly the next its nothing but endless darkness. 

Im in hell right now. I have trouble with thinking i am being punished by a higher power for something i did wrong. All my life really i have built things up only to see them fall apart before my eyes. Im scared this cycle will simply repeat until i check out. 

God i sound even more morbid than ever. Ive always been cynical.. apologies for the negative tone everyone. Somewhat helps to open up if only slightly. 

Guest LCFC_World
9 minutes ago, somebum said:

Yeah, thanks for your kind replies to my post. I hate to sound melodramatic but the course of events ive endured over the past two weeks is overwhelming.

Ive endured some brutal life changes in this period. Im really struggling to find any kind of will to go on. Is anybody on here terrified of the future. Its amazing how a future can be taken away in the blink of an eye. One day you see it clearly the next its nothing but endless darkness. 

Im in hell right now. I have trouble with thinking i am being punished by a higher power for something i did wrong. All my life really i have built things up only to see them fall apart before my eyes. Im scared this cycle will simply repeat until i check out. 

God i sound even more morbid than ever. Ive always been cynical.. apologies for the negative tone everyone. Somewhat helps to open up if only slightly. 

Yeah it's good to get out how your feeling, and get things off your chest. just know that we are all here for you if you need to talk and listen, my inbox is always open. Stay safe. 

Edited by LCFC_World

2 minutes ago, somebum said:

Ive felt despair and desperation and it’s never easy when you are their to see a chink of light but you need to be looking. I think I’ve always found that it’s not things or events that pick you up, it’s people and sometimes they don’t even know it. Try to surround yourself as much as possible with the good people in your life and maybe share your anguish if you can.

I know we are all rooting for you here pal.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, somebum said:

You don't sound melodramatic at all. You're suffering from a medical condition that is a lot less stigmatised than it used to be, although it still is.

I've been there mate, I felt guilty that I was attention seeking, when I wasn't, just needed people to listen and help.

Take everyone's advice on here, see your GP and don't bottle it up.

You can and will get through this, no matter how bleak things seem.

Please pm me if you need someone to talk to.

You've posted here, so you're going the right way. Don't do this on your own.

Gathered the courage after ages to plan on going out tonight with some of the lads on a work social. Then some t*** decides not to come in today so I'm lumbered with all the Christmas deadlines. Picking up s*** and answering calls from clients that had nothing to do with me.

Still emails I haven't even replied to because I can't be arsed. Fed up and now stuck at home not in the mood. I go the extra mile only for certain people to just leave you in a lurch. Things like this really piss me off, when things happen out of my control and then no doubt I'll get the blame which makes it even worse

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Gathered the courage after ages to plan on going out tonight with some of the lads on a work social. Then some t*** decides not to come in today so I'm lumbered with all the Christmas deadlines. Picking up s*** and answering calls from clients that had nothing to do with me.

Still emails I haven't even replied to because I can't be arsed. Fed up and now stuck at home not in the mood. I go the extra mile only for certain people to just leave you in a lurch. Things like this really piss me off, when things happen out of my control and then no doubt I'll get the blame which makes it even worse

Focus on a positive thought ..   Deep breath and get out there ...   Doesn't matter if you are a bit late.   Couple of drinks and you'll be in the groove.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I dread this time of year. I live alone and I'm not surrounded by people I trust or a family I readily go to. So I fully understand those here struggling, and wish you all the very best of everything.

And I would like to wish you the very best of everything too Peaky ...     my grammatically correct friend !  :D

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you - I'm feeling rather empty and pointless right now.

Have something nice to eat ..   Have a drink ..   Open a nice box of chocolates ...    Settle down and watch a good film ...    Tomorrow's another day !   Chin up mate ! ...    :)