Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

2 hours ago, somebum said:

Ive had some very bad Christmas times in my time but this years is probably the worse.

I'm clinging to life with my fingertips attempting to convince myself that things will get better. My rational mind knows that and that it cannot get much worse. Or can it? I still have more to lose, it's all there to be lost. 

Or things can go the other way. Ive been here before. Two and a half years ago to be exact. I managed in time to open a new chapter in my life, opening doors I never thought I would enter again. So I guess here's my way of convincing myself to get through this and you never know what you can come out with at the other end.

You're brave enough to be honest here - you can do it.

• Like 1

A Merry Christmas to everybody who's contributed to this thread. Such open conversation is very important as we all look for ways to fight our inner demons, opening up and understanding what others go through is vitally important when confronting and accepting ourselves. You're all so brave and I myself have taken incredible steps throughout this year, something that I didn't think was achievable last Christmas. So please don't ever give up. Always remember the Samaritans number 116123 and never be ashamed of yourself!

To @Izzy Muzzett, your contributions on here mean an awful lot to so many people, myself included, you're a fantastic person, good luck with your health issue and I hope your family spoil you like crazy when you return home. You legend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I do respect that most on here aren’t religious but for those that are, I’d appreciate your prayers right now :fc:

I’ve been given another 24 hours for this issue to resolve itself through meds and natural causes otherwise I’m going to need yet another operation :nono:

The problem is my stomach already looks like a patchwork quilt and they don’t like to operate on top of old scar tissue.

Fair to say I’m pretty worried and scared at the minute. Christmas is a washout and I’m stuck here but that’s the least of my concerns.

And if prayers aren’t your thing, then any best wishes or good luck my way would be appreciated.

Cheers, Izzy 

x

Thoughts are with you Izzy.

one of the most caring posters on here.

chin up mate.

To everyone suffering my best wishes go out to you all.FT Family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

any best wishes or good luck my way would be appreciated.

Izzy, you are such a good soul and your sense of humor is just twisted enough -- I actively enjoy your presence on this board, the likes of you make it a good second home for slightly wayward souls.

Get through this episode and return ASAP to family, golf and other good things!

• Thanks 1

Oi Oi @Izzy Muzzett whatever happened/s wishing you all the best mate. 

To anyone suffering at the moment, please stick with it, talk to someone, anyone, talk here, see your GP, talk to mum, dad, brother, sister...even if you arent religious.... if youve noone else, go talk to a priest, imam, anyone.. just talk, you are valued and valuable, you may not see it right now..but YOU have much to offer the world and we need your input.

PM me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

*DISCLAIMER* THIS COULD BE THE MORPHINE TALKING...

Happy Christmas to the best virtual internet mates who I’ve never met but still feel like better mates than my real life mates.

I’ve been blown away by your lovely comments and support and some of the DMs I’ve received have had me in tears.

Day 4 in the big brother house and still nil my mouth. I was allowed to ‘sip’ on some iced water through a straw last night and it tasted divine. Iced water, the highlight of my stay so far. 

The staff here have all been brilliant and I can’t believe they work over Xmas with such professionalism - a real credit to our NHS.

Anyway I’m talking shit, just wish I could do a shit! This twisted bowel is fvcking agony. Just slice me open and sort it out please.

Enjoy your day everyone and thanks again.

Izzy

x

Muzzett ...   morphine ...  whoever I am talking to ...  first time ever I've looked on any social media on Christmas day ..  just to see how you are doing.   Hang in there mate ...  things will get better I'm sure.      All the best mate to you and yours .. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Harrydc

Might sound miserable but honestly hate today. I see all these facebook posts of everyone having a good time and to me it seems so pointless, house full of arguements, and feeling the need to put on an act to please everyone else and stop things escalating. Bring on tomorrow.

Maybe of help to some today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42477266

My wife lost her mum last year and so we have her dad over, it’s a great time of year for many and a painful time as well for many. I hope where ever you are and what ever your situation that all is good or will come good. Peace and love to you all :scarf:

• Like 2

Guest Harrydc
14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Christmas Day - 2nd half hospital match report and stats:

Operations 1:1 Successful operations

How much I’m in love with my surgeon Jill = 100%

Catheter 1:1 NG tube

Epidural 1:3 Cannula

Morphiene since operation = shit loads :wub:

I’m just so relieved, happy and grateful for everything and everyone. By some miracle Jill managed to sort out the adhesions without the need to remove any of my small bowel or create a stoma.

Its agony now post op, but it’s nice agony because the worst is done. I’ll be in hospital until at least the new year as I recover but I’m fvckin ecstatic.

I have to remind myself that I’m still a relative ‘newbie’ on FT but you lot really are the nuts. They say football is nothing without the fans and our fans are really very special.

Sorry for all the self indulgence and it could still go TU, but I wanted to say thanks again. 

Enjoy the the remainder of Xmas day and have a great Boxing Day tomorrow :scarf:

All the best mate and I wish you a speedy recovery. I know times can be tough but as people keep telling me keep your chin up and keep moving forward day by day.

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m just so relieved, happy and grateful for everything and everyone. By some miracle Jill managed to sort out the adhesions without the need to remove any of my small bowel or create a stoma.

Its agony now post op, but it’s nice agony because the worst is done. I’ll be in hospital until at least the new year as I recover but I’m fvckin ecstatic.

I have to remind myself that I’m still a relative ‘newbie’ on FT but you lot really are the nuts. They say football is nothing without the fans and our fans are really very special.

Sorry for all the self indulgence and it could still go TU, but I wanted to say thanks again. 

Enjoy the the remainder of Xmas day and have a great Boxing Day tomorrow :scarf:

Get in! Keep your spirits up Izzy, and hope your recovery goes well and you get home soon!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

*DISCLAIMER* THIS COULD BE THE MORPHINE TALKING...

Happy Christmas to the best virtual internet mates who I’ve never met but still feel like better mates than my real life mates.

I’ve been blown away by your lovely comments and support and some of the DMs I’ve received have had me in tears.

Day 4 in the big brother house and still nil my mouth. I was allowed to ‘sip’ on some iced water through a straw last night and it tasted divine. Iced water, the highlight of my stay so far. 

The staff here have all been brilliant and I can’t believe they work over Xmas with such professionalism - a real credit to our NHS.

Anyway I’m talking shit, just wish I could do a shit! This twisted bowel is fvcking agony. Just slice me open and sort it out please.

Enjoy your day everyone and thanks again.

Izzy

x

Christ I didn't know mate. With all the bloody support you've given me as well! I so hope you get sorted out soon my friend x

Edit...the Op has gone well so you're over the worst. Thank God.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

Guest Harrydc

Im not sure if anyone has heard of this website, but https://www.quora.com/ is a website that has helped me a lot recently. You can literally ask any question about life and self help and your almost garunteed to get a good answer, or you can just search things on there such as "depression" and you can read people's story's and how they helped themselves. It's an amazing website that has so much information and there is so much you can learn on there about literally anything in the world. 

Edited by Harrydc

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Very pleasing news indeed stay strong Izzy

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is my favourite thread on this forum. The humanity on show here makes the day worthwhile. 

I haven't really been in here much as I half feel like I'm imposing but it is lovely to see that when people like me spend most of our time on destructive threads, this beacon of light exists specifically for those that need it, showing the best of us.