Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Anyone got a BMW i4? My salary sacrifice is in its final year so I’ve been looking and can get them for a great price on our scheme.

The ix1 is a good price too but they aren’t nearly as pretty as the i4 but I could be tempted with it.  

Also tech or pro packs? Are they worth it?

Yes, got the M50 though. 

There is a guy at our place who has the standard i4 in M sport, really good car overall but he's got it in Sanmero green which makes me want to throw up. My CCU blew to bits before Xmas but now fixed under warranty. 

Not sure what pack it's under but get laser lights if you can, Harman Kardon sund system is quality. 

You'll get about 225 mile range with the standard i4, I get 200 from mine.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes, got the M50 though. 

There is a guy at our place who has the standard i4 in M sport, really good car overall but he's got it in Sanmero green which makes me want to throw up. My CCU blew to bits before Xmas but now fixed under warranty. 

Not sure what pack it's under but get laser lights if you can, Harman Kardon sund system is quality. 

I was looking at the M sport. The M50 is £150ish per month more expensive, I could make it work but it’d really have to be a big difference to justify. 

However if I decide to add packs and many extras it may pay to just go straight for the M50 anyway. 

100% getting the upgraded sound system it’s very reasonably priced, I’ve got Bang and Olufsen on my A3 and I love it. 

18 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I was looking at the M sport. The M50 is £150ish per month more expensive, I could make it work but it’d really have to be a big difference to justify. 

However if I decide to add packs and many extras it may pay to just go straight for the M50 anyway. 

100% getting the upgraded sound system it’s very reasonably priced, I’ve got Bang and Olufsen on my A3 and I love it. 

Just go for it you know it makes sense 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Yes, got the M50 though. 

I'm sure one of the ones are our work is this colour, it's nice!

Mind you, I'd have a brown car just to annoy people if that were available

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Don't get an EV

Driving any ICE car afterwards will seem like going back to horse and cart. 

I believe with a horse and cart, you have to stop frequently to feed the motor as well ... ;)

What exactly is the comparison here?  Are you saying the ride quality from a petrol car to an electric car is comparably better than from a cart to a petrol car?  Is that because electric cars don't suffer from potholes, or something?

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I believe with a horse and cart, you have to stop frequently to feed the motor as well ... ;)

What exactly is the comparison here?  Are you saying the ride quality from a petrol car to an electric car is comparably better than from a cart to a petrol car?  Is that because electric cars don't suffer from potholes, or something?

Try driving one and you'll understand what I'm saying 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I can't try driving one because I haven't got one.  Is it literally impossible to put in words?

It's like a magic carpet ride. It's so good I can't wait to get up and start my commute to my shitty job. 

Edited by Lako42

11 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I can't try driving one because I haven't got one.  Is it literally impossible to put in words?

It's just night and day easier and a more hassle free experience. Comfort levels are no different. Suspension works the same no matter what the car is. 

They're like driving a fork lift (if you've ever done that) or a dodgem car but with loads of power available. Point and squirt and the car automatically slows down when you lift off. Just Drive/Reverse and no gears or engine to worry about. The car automatically holds you when you come to a stop on a hill, etc. 

On 11/01/2024 at 12:55, Lako42 said:

Don't get an EV

Driving any ICE car afterwards will seem like going back to horse and cart. 

Totally depends on what car you're driving.

A high end EV will be better than a standard ICE car, but a high end ICE car is far superior to a Renault Zoe.

How the vehicle is powered really doesn't make a difference. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

Totally depends on what car you're driving.

A high end EV will be better than a standard ICE car, but a high end ICE car is far superior to a Renault Zoe.

How the vehicle is powered really doesn't make a difference. 

My mate has a Citroen C4E and it's possibly the smoothest car I've ever been in. Not high end but is wonderful to be in. 

Better than nearly every 'prestige' ICE i've owned in terms of noise and comfort 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

My mate has a Citroen C4E and it's possibly the smoothest car I've ever been in. Not high end but is wonderful to be in. 

Better than nearly every 'prestige' ICE i've owned in terms of noise and comfort 

You're easily pleased lol

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Industry leading suspension.....

Get yourself in one mate, you'll change ya elitist tune ;)

@tom27111 isn't a vehicle elitist, he's got the best car in the world as a Kia Sportage....*

*Until Monday when he starts the new job at Nissan and then it's the Qashqai lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Industry leading suspension.....

Get yourself in one mate, you'll change ya elitist tune ;)

41 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

@tom27111 isn't a vehicle elitist, he's got the best car in the world as a Kia Sportage....*

*Until Monday when he starts the new job at Nissan and then it's the Qashqai lol

I've sold Stellantis cars, like Citroën.

Specifically Fiat, Jeep, Alfa and Peugeot. 

And I'd take the ride quality and drivability of an Alfa Romeo Stelvio over a Peugeot e2008.

I'd imagine the Citroën C4E is built on the same chassis as the Peugeot, if not, its something very similar.

And yeah, certainly not an elitist when it comes to cars, I've driven pretty much everything and anything.

Ev's will always be quieter, there's no engine, but it's all subjective to your personal taste.

ICE cars will never die out,  whatever they want to tell you. Latest sales figures are confirming that.

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's just night and day easier and a more hassle free experience. Comfort levels are no different. Suspension works the same no matter what the car is. 

They're like driving a fork lift (if you've ever done that) or a dodgem car but with loads of power available. Point and squirt and the car automatically slows down when you lift off. Just Drive/Reverse and no gears or engine to worry about. The car automatically holds you when you come to a stop on a hill, etc. 

That can all be said for a basic automatic ICE car.

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That can all be said for a basic automatic ICE car.

Not really. I drove a petrol Audi with a really smooth S-tronic automatic box prior to my Tesla, and the difference is still massive. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not really. I drove a petrol Audi with a really smooth S-tronic automatic box prior to my Tesla, and the difference is still massive. 

I've driven an Ionic for about a month and Kia sonic for a few days and liked them, but they are out of reach financially.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think it’s the surprise you can give people at the lights - even a non performance EV can shift 

Pissed myself today as a smart car burned off the lights next to me like it was a lambo lol