Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

Just now, Izzy said:

image.png.614c524cb795d571dd304dfde4912043.png

Nope. Some utter moron called Sean.

He once couldn't find the keys to a car, he picked up a set for a BMW, but totally different car.

This was after he moaned for 20 minutes.

We went to help him, I found them immediately, but he still took the wrong set.

So he's outside with a customer, clicking the button to unlock...I've got the keys he wants in my pocket by this time, so I unlock the car.

He goes to open the door and I lock it.

This carries on for almost 10 minutes, I've never seen anyone so confused in all my life lol

He once said to a customer "travelled far?" Customer replied "Doncaster".

Sean gormlessly just went "That's quire a drive from Essex" lol

I could honestly write a sit com on some of the folk I've worked with.

Don't get me started on the guy who 'lost his company car' lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nope. Some utter moron called Sean.

He once couldn't find the keys to a car, he picked up a set for a BMW, but totally different car.

This was after he moaned for 20 minutes.

We went to help him, I found them immediately, but he still took the wrong set.

So he's outside with a customer, clicking the button to unlock...I've got the keys he wants in my pocket by this time, so I unlock the car.

He goes to open the door and I lock it.

This carries on for almost 10 minutes, I've never seen anyone so confused in all my life lol

He once said to a customer "travelled far?" Customer replied "Doncaster".

Sean gormlessly just went "That's quire a drive from Essex" lol

I could honestly write a sit com on some of the folk I've worked with.

Don't get me started on the guy who 'lost his company car' lol

Who does Sean support Tom ? 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Are parking spaces getting smaller or cars getting bigger. The new fosse park spaces are ridiculously small.

Fosse Park had the opportunity to improve on the layout of the original car park with the expanded one.  Hats off to the designers, they've actually made it even worse.  They ought to subsidise the dent repairs on car doors for their efforts as well.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

EV seems to have completely died, had this message after the football, now parked up at home and it won’t even unlock, tracker going nuts. Ringing bmw assist in the morning. Merry Christmas ffs 

47546502-ff9d-4bdd-baf7-946a695807e5.jpeg

Without wanting to state the absolutely bloody obvious, that's not good. What level was your battery on when you arrived?

Just now, FoyleFox said:

Without wanting to state the absolutely bloody obvious, that's not good. What level was your battery on when you arrived?

85%!! Nothing to do with dead battery, said something up with the drive train too. £70k car thats done 12k miles. Safe to say not best pleased. They are coming at 8am but fully expect it will be towed away 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

85%!! Nothing to do with dead battery, said something up with the drive train too. £70k car thats done 12k miles. Safe to say not best pleased. They are coming at 8am but fully expect it will be towed away 

Lets hope its not  a hyundai electric $60000 (canadian) battery replacement job lol

Assuming you are under warranty still ? Hope all is well.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fosse Park had the opportunity to improve on the layout of the original car park with the expanded one.  Hats off to the designers, they've actually made it even worse.  They ought to subsidise the dent repairs on car doors for their efforts as well.

The new Fosse Park parking and getting out is really crap.....who designed  That.Probably the same one's who designed the in and out of the KP.

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lets hope its not  a hyundai electric $60000 (canadian) battery replacement job lol

Assuming you are under warranty still ? Hope all is well.

Yes all under warranty, it’s more the inconvenience of it happening at Christmas….

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fosse park is awful to get in and out of! To have to go round to the stupid roundabout to get back towards the M1/Sainsbury's from the new bit was daft. Though Thurmaston shops is even worse, though. That is a nightmare at any time of year 

Just confirmed delivery of XC90 for the wife on 4th Jan - looking forward to it albeit its massive and prob going to create driveway based dramas..

On the electric BMW above - good luck.. they have had a lot of issues than BMW have done well to keep below the radar.

My Pug e2008 has been pretty good other than a charging cable getting stuck for 10 mins once, but I do regret getting a pov spec as having to press unlock to get in is a hardship, nearly ripped the door handle off the first couple of months I had it

• Like 1

What are people's thoughts on car trackers? Ours came with an active tracking technology package, which is due to expire shortly. We have the option to renew, obviously, for a not insignificant yearly fee. I'd wrongly assumed a tracker was helpful with the insurance costs, but it makes no difference to the price. So, peace of mind and easier recovery if stolen. I'm torn on whether it's worth it.

Rear tyres need replacing on my daughters 2011 Mini.  They were only changed 10K miles ago (budget tyres).

Seems extremely short lifespan, even for budget tyres.

She has a black box fitted due to her age, so cannot drive the car hard.

Any thoughts?

Will be replacing with mid-range tyres.

23 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Rear tyres need replacing on my daughters 2011 Mini.  They were only changed 10K miles ago (budget tyres).

Any thoughts?

I always go for premium tyres personally. I'm sure there's not much difference between them all but I'd rather pay an extra £20-30 per corner for a decent brand.

Just replaced four on the wife's Volvo V40 and went for Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2's at £85 each.

I'm some will say that's rip off but seeing as they're the only thing between you and the road, I'd rather go for a tried and trusted brand that will also last a decent time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Any thoughts?

Minis are front wheel drive, aren't they? That's very quick even for cheapo tyres.

What sort of wear? I wore out a set before their time on my old Astra by having them over inflated (although still within the range suggested by the manufacturer) but being under-inflated will affect lifespan too, and I think I'm right in saying if the tracking's out that will mess up the wear as well.

I have to say I'm with Izzy on tyre choice, cheaper tyres can be a false economy. I've never had super cheap ones but I've had mid range ones wear out disappointingly quickly (and lose loads of grip whilst still technically legal) and I've not looked back since I've spent more as not only do they last longer they improve the stability and handling of the car without a doubt.

Unfortunately, a "premium" tyre on my current vehicle is going to be close to 300 quid so I may be less evangelical about it when I have to replace them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I always go for premium tyres personally. I'm sure there's not much difference between them all but I'd rather pay an extra £20-30 per corner for a decent brand.

Just replaced four on the wife's Volvo V40 and went for Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2's at £85 each.

I'm some will say that's rip off but seeing as they're the only thing between you and the road, I'd rather go for a tried and trusted brand that will also last a decent time.

Its my daughters car - she is still at college, so £ is very tight.  I usually go for mid-range tyres, and always a minimum of B rating for grip, whichever price band they are in.  Have never bought premium tyres - which I have priced them up, they have often been double the price of mid-range.  As long as they have a good grip rating, I have never been too bothered.

Having said that, we have just changed the tyres on my wifes Countryman, which she has had from new.  The Continental tyres fitted on that did 66,000 miles, which I thought was amazing.  She doesnt have a particularly light right foot either!!

Anyone got a BMW i4? My salary sacrifice is in its final year so I’ve been looking and can get them for a great price on our scheme.

The ix1 is a good price too but they aren’t nearly as pretty as the i4 but I could be tempted with it.  

Also tech or pro packs? Are they worth it?

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Anyone got a BMW i4? My salary sacrifice is in its final year so I’ve been looking and can get them for a great price on our scheme.

The ix1 is a good price too but they aren’t nearly as pretty as the i4 but I could be tempted with it.  

Also tech or pro packs? Are they worth it?

I have two colleagues who have them and although I cannot give you much detail they've both been very happy with their choices

• Thanks 1