Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AmyLGK

Vardy and Drinkwater starting tomorrow

Woy's B team to justify why no Leicester player can play for England.

Not so sure about that. Would more than likely backfire if that was his actual intention which I do not believe it is. Drinkwater is an exceptional player and will shine even if the player next to him is not his equal. If Vardy is also out there I'd expect they'd hook up on a few through balls with Vardy coming in from the left side if that's where he plays. Could see them combining to score a goal

Both too good to not get selected

I think people are being a bit selfish with this outlook.

The players will be dying to represent their country regardless of the position they play, and with the season they've given us I think we should be happy for them if they are involved.

Even if it was a summer on bench, it is still a fantastic experience for the players involved to go away to a major tournament in a 23 man squad.

You're right, I am being extremely selfish. I want Vardy and Drinkwater to go to the euros but not if they won't feature which they won't. I hate to see Woy's faves like Rooney, Lallana and Milner get picked when Vardy and Drinky are so much better than them at the moment. Take them and play them or leave them at home to rest up for next season. Selfish yes but my main concern is Leicester don't really care about England unless them 2 are playing

If Sturridge starts up front with Vardy wide then it's an absolute disgrace. Vardy should of started Saturday with Kane. Then he scores an absolute worldy. If he doesn't start up front tonight then I will be really annoyed with Hodgson because it's clear he deserves to start upfront. Can't help thinking he would of started Saturday if he played for United or Arsenal etc. which is ridiculous because obviously we're well clear of both of them!

If Sturridge starts up front with Vardy wide then it's an absolute disgrace. Vardy should of started Saturday with Kane. Then he scores an absolute worldy. If he doesn't start up front tonight then I will be really annoyed with Hodgson because it's clear he deserves to start upfront. Can't help thinking he would of started Saturday if he played for United or Arsenal etc. which is ridiculous because obviously we're well clear of both of them!

Indeed!

I think he will be offered another contract, sadly, because he fits the FA criteria.

When did England have a manager who played players in their club positions regularly, maybe Terry Venables?

I'm no fan of Hodgson but are there other English options to replace him?

Why does he have to be English? As long as he can speak English.

If you've appointed hodgson in the first place you may as well appoint any other manager who hadn't really done anything of note in his career.

I would go foreign all day long, cannot think of one english man suitable to replace dinobot. 

Half the problem is that whomever is the england manager is heavily influenced by the FA to pick the 'right' players who in turn are influenced by marketing companies.

I was always worried that in the run up to this tournament that Hodgson was a steady manager, but he just didn't have the quality available to him. Now I find myself wishing we had a manager with a bit of nous, who could make the most of the opportunity he's got with this squad... Genuinely think we could be contenders for Euro 2016 if we had a decent manager in charge.

If Vardy is out on the wing tonight to accommodate Daniel ****ing Sturridge, then Hodgson's lost the plot for me. England have got all the players necessary to play the fast, attacking 442 that Leicester play. Why not give it a go Hodgson?

Why does he have to be English? As long as he can speak English.

If you've appointed hodgson in the first place you may as well appoint any other manager who hadn't really done anything of note in his career.

Because international football is all about seeing which nation has the best team and produces the best players as well. And that should include the manager as well.

I wouldnt have a problem with England hiring a French or Portugese manager if they could also play French or Portuguese players.

If we can't produce coaches and managers who are good enough then we don't deserve to win anything just like if we don't produce players who are good enough.

International football is about pitting the best of a nation against each other and well, if Hodgson or Pardew are the best managers we can produce then they're the best manager we can produce.

We're a developed footballing nation, we should be producing managers for sure, but just because our infrastructure of developing coaches and managers isn't good enough it doesn't mean we should just buy big money foreign managers in, that entirely defeats the point of international football.

It's not about appointing them "just because they're English". It's that the rules for the players and managers you can play/hire should be the same, if there are limits on the players you can play based on nationality, they should be the same for the managers, especially for developed footballing nation (I can kind of see the argument of smaller developing nations hiring foreign coaches to help them develop their own coaches and infra-structure, but not for a major developed footballing nation like England). There's more to the team than just the players and if international football is about which nation's team is the best that should extend to the management and coaching staff as well.

I think we're all going to be left pretty frustrated with the starting line-up tonight.

Worst case scenario, although the most likely imo, would be to play Vardy as a front three on the left or right of that with Drinkwater sitting on the bench.

It's clear to everyone that we have the personnel to go far in the Euros but Hodgson will look to play the slow game instead.  Rooney will start as well.

I  can see a front 3 of Vardy Sturridge Walcott

Which in theory looks pretty good, but it relies on Roy giving them the freedom to switch positions, drag the defenders around, drop deep and run in behind. If it is a static Sturridge with Walcott and Vardy shoved out to the wing and expected to protect the full back then it will look shit.

Walcott reportedly out for today and could miss the euros. Arsenal player gets injured shocker

Just reading it is a dead leg, most players will be back after a few days, but Walcott is made of glass so probably keep him out until 2018 World Cup

Walcott reportedly out for today and could miss the euros. Arsenal player gets injured shocker

Should be nowhere near the Euro squad to begin with. He's so far down the pecking order, it's not even funny.

Archived