Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Battlefield 1

• 2 weeks later...

It annoys me that no one ever plays as a squad on the multiplayer. I'm a bit rubbish (PS4) but would love to squad on with some of you guys and perhaps you could carry me to something like respectability ? 

Im going to watch the Leicester game on a stream then try to rank up assault which I've played for all of about 5 minutes so far. Which gun should I be going for ? I have some warbonds and need an unlock rexommendation. 

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

It annoys me that no one ever plays as a squad on the multiplayer. I'm a bit rubbish (PS4) but would love to squad on with some of you guys and perhaps you could carry me to something like respectability ? 

Im going to watch the Leicester game on a stream then try to rank up assault which I've played for all of about 5 minutes so far. Which gun should I be going for ? I have some warbonds and need an unlock rexommendation. 

I don't like assault class but most people like using the MP18 Trench to start with.  if you like hipfire once you get rank three get the Automatica Storm. 

Rank 10 gun on assault is the one though. I'm rank 10 assault but have barely used the rank 10 gun as I'm not a big fan of assault but my mates say it's really good. 

I'd stock up on anti tank gear also with the AT Rocket gun and anti tank grenades. Ta king out vehicles really helps the team.

Edited by Adster

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Only played briefly last night as huge update to download first which took about 40 minutes. Got the 1895 Russian sniper and it's my favourite sniper gun on most maps now. 

Thanks for the advice on assault. I shall give it a go later this week. 

No worries mate :)

Any idea how big the update is? Got to download it when I get home.

Regards assault:

Close range either the automatico trench or model 10a hunter.

Mid range: mp18.

The trick with assault is to not bother aiming at anyone inside about 20m. Hip fire is your friend else by the time you've got your sights up, you're dead.

You can make an exception if you've got the drop on someone but, frankly, if you're using the automatico trench you needn't really bother.

I rage as an assault because I always feel like I end up trying to take tanks and vehicles down by myself, and support guys never throw me ammo.

I played a game on Amiens recently and at least 2 out of 3 people on my team were playing scouts and we just got smashed by them. My 2 anti tank grenades and T-Gewehr were useless. I'm usually open to scouts, as long as they use flares or the trench spotter. 

15 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I rage as an assault because I always feel like I end up trying to take tanks and vehicles down by myself, and support guys never throw me ammo.

I played a game on Amiens recently and at least 2 out of 3 people on my team were playing scouts and we just got smashed by them. My 2 anti tank grenades and T-Gewehr were useless. I'm usually open to scouts, as long as they use flares or the trench spotter. 

I get most of my points as scout through spotting and assists that count as a kill and of course on conquest by playing the objective. Very often I will spot someone and hit for 80 damage. I then know that since they've been spotted someone will go in to clean up. If you're really playing as part of a team you should be prepared to spot and not fire if you're unlikely to take them out. Have had a good few games recently and definitely improving. Have noticed generally medics just don't bother to revive even if no nearby threats. I think this is possibly since their starter gun is good and have access to good rifles so people just like the gun. 

Similar issue with support sometimes. Had a really good game recently where everyone was always spawning on squad and there was always loads ammo and health on offer. We destroyed the opposition who were seemingly all playing assault 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I get most of my points as scout through spotting and assists that count as a kill and of course on conquest by playing the objective. Very often I will spot someone and hit for 80 damage. I then know that since they've been spotted someone will go in to clean up. If you're really playing as part of a team you should be prepared to spot and not fire if you're unlikely to take them out. Have had a good few games recently and definitely improving. Have noticed generally medics just don't bother to revive even if no nearby threats. I think this is possibly since their starter gun is good and have access to good rifles so people just like the gun. 

Similar issue with support sometimes. Had a really good game recently where everyone was always spawning on squad and there was always loads ammo and health on offer. We destroyed the opposition who were seemingly all playing assault 

Yeah, I love the scout class and I have way more points using that class than any others. It's also the class where I have the highest SPM which is pretty funny. Flares are so useful. It is great when you can move from flag to flag on conquest and put down a couple flares, it gives you so much of an advantage. 

Medics can be a problem yeah but it also goes both ways, I play medic quite a bit and get so annoyed when I run across a battlefield to revive some guy and he respawns when I get to his body. 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

It's the annoying thing about battlefield.

Even if you squad up you could be playing with as many as 28 other individuals, even if you fill two squads which is max PS party your still looking at max 24, you can have a blinder and still get hammered because the rest of the team don't do their jobs on their bigger game types.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's the annoying thing about battlefield.

Even if you squad up you could be playing with as many as 28 other individuals, even if you fill two squads which is max PS party your still looking at max 24, you can have a blinder and still get hammered because the rest of the team don't do their jobs on their bigger game types.

Exactly right. My team are fairly good on the game having been big fans of the series. We're always one of the squads for kills and flag/caps defends and we always average over 2 K/D as a squad. But it has no bearing on the end result on conquest because there are another 30 odd players on our team who are retarded and don't know what to do.

I need to learn how to play this properly. I'm new to it from COD as I am sick of the run n gun and campers. Therefore I need to adapt my gameplay to teamwork rather than get as many kills as possible. Any hints on the best way to play. the teams I've been in so far seem pretty disjointed and I'm not really sure who does what

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I need to learn how to play this properly. I'm new to it from COD as I am sick of the run n gun and campers. Therefore I need to adapt my gameplay to teamwork rather than get as many kills as possible. Any hints on the best way to play. the teams I've been in so far seem pretty disjointed and I'm not really sure who does what

Sometimes you'll find a good squad, sometimes not. You can always switch squads which is good.

Just play the objective, you'll soon rack up the points and find your best class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Play the class you are. Assault is for blowing stuff up and taking objectives. Support is for resupplying teammates and providing covering fire. Medics SHOULD be healing people and Scouts should be spotting and picking off enemies. Always look at the map before you respawn and look for objectives that are being taken or need holding. Always be aware where your team mates and squad mates are.

• Like 1