Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

The Tears Thread

I missed the Bocelli scene before kick-off, just watched it then after a mate tagged me in a video and congratulated me. The scenes at the KP were amazing and reduced me to tears watching and listening to Bocelli set the KP algith.

F**king awesome, thank you so much Leicester for the season. I'll never forget this. 

I was fighting it all the way but close so many - my wife is sat next to me if you cry over this and yet didn't when your two daughters were born blah blah blah - bochelli and that moment when Morgan and Claudio lifted the trophy. I'm still not sure it's 100% sunk in.

First as Boccelli sang as the flags waved, second when he revealed his shirt and the response to it followed by a panning shot of the trophy but just when I thought "This couldn't be any better" I had not been prepared for it to be Birch who would bring the trophy out. I say Birch but this guy looked ten years younger two feet taller, smarter than ever seen before, happier than ever seen before , full of pride for his club and his duty, wholly fitting and appropriate, bless him, it was what he was sent to us to do, everything else has been a journey of building up the groundwork for it. Like the medal scene at the end of Star Wars where the previously battered R2D2 is there polished up and repaired. Years of introducing Rusty Lee to do the half time raffle - yesterday was his true calling and boy did he deliver, chuffed for him and yes I was reduced to tears for the third time in a day.

I cried when Bocelli sang, when the trophy was lifted, when the whole pub was singing, and then all again when I watched MoTD when I got in. Then I watched the highlights again this morning and did it all again.

Up until this week, the only time I'd cried tears of joy was watching my sister walk down the aisle on her wedding day. Then on Monday night, after I got home from the celebrations, I sat on the sofa and had a private moment where I just sobbed. The tears continued all day Tuesday, with random things like seeing us as the headline item on national news setting me off again. I thought I'd got it all out of my system after that but yesterday, when Wes lifted the trophy, I looked around me and was struck by the sheer euphoria and elation of everyone around me - needless to say, the tears returned! 

I'd quite like to go back to being emotionally repressed but I fear this season has turned me into such an emotional wreck that I won't ever recover - it's like the floodgates have well and truly opened. I've now cried more in the last 6 days than I have in the last 6 years. It truly is amazing how football can do this to a grown man.

As the team game out at the start and over the PA they were announced as 'Champions'. 

When Bocelli sang.

When Wes lifted the trophy. 

Actually thought it'd be more than that so quite pleased! 

I nearly went twice. First during Bocelli's performance, then again when Birch was carrying the trophy out. I was delighted for him. I know there are mixed opinions on the man but he loves the club and he must have felt so proud.

Bocelli had me so close,

the one that sent me off is when Morgan stood to lift the trophy and looked to the sky in complete disbelief as to what he had achieved, then Claudio grabbed him and the trophy, as soon as they lifted it together and the crowd done the usual ooooooooooooooooooooooWHEYYYYY, As soon as that went above his head I completely choked.

Bocelli made me cry, I keep watching it and it keeps getting me too, it was stunning.

Birch bringing the trophy out almost got me, I was ok when Morgan lifted the trophy, I had tears in my eyes, welling up but wasn't crying.

This season so far

-When vardy did it against manu

Then it was all good for me happy but emotionally sound times

Oh wait

-When Claudio started tearing up after the Saints game I was gone

-After the West ham game I just broke

-After hazards goal

-After the final whistle and we won the league [

-After watching the lads celebrate at vardys gaff

-Then again in the middle of the night during a piss thinking about it all

]

-All was good again for a few days then it all went to shit again

-Claudio's pre match conference talking about his "good lads"

-Match day morning watching build up

-During Andrea's performance/ Claudio's I love you (legit shouted " I love you too ") it was magical

-About half way through the first half just listening to the fans and thinking what we had done

-After kingys goal

-Birch walking out proud as much, probably my favourite moment in all of my years supporting Leicester city

-When wes lifted the cup

And since then I had been sound but I'm sitting on a train and I just went past the city ground logged in here and now I'm at Leicester station weeping again

I love this club and all who support it, so proud to wear the blue <3

Recorded the game to watch today but I've just watched the highlights title party show on sky first, when the credits rolled at the end I sat there with my arms folded, hairs on end, and tears just started rolling down my face, eyes are stinging a bit now. It was literally then that it just sunk in, I've been waiting for it to sink in for what seems like ages but now it just has... managed to digest and process what has actually just happened. Wow!

Nessun Dorma got me, as did the build up to us lifting the trophy.

The whole thing is just so surreal. It's everything I've dreamt of this club and city turning into. It's fantasy world.

Only once today watching the sky footage of bocelli, the part where they pan out to show the helicopter shot of the stadium covered in blue and white, to think I was there in that moment just broke me !!!

Archived