Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Chelsea have actually not got that much depth in that squad. Often a problem when you completely change your system. Expect them to sign at least 3 players.

Disappointed they lost, wanted them to win it actually, I really relished them coming here on the back of 14 straight wins, we do love ending a run.

Yeah, but it's usually another teams losing run.

11 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I think individually they are average but they do provide excellent balance in what is a very hard Chelsea team to beat (tonight aside.) Conte could go and spend £40m replacing them but defensively they have been strong this season and like I said they are a very balanced unit!

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Chelsea have actually not got that much depth in that squad. Often a problem when you completely change your system. Expect them to sign at least 3 players.

Disappointed they lost, wanted them to win it actually, I really relished them coming here on the back of 14 straight wins, we do love ending a run.

Dan's point is more along the lines of what I was trying to get across, when they went chasing the winner yesterday they brought Willian on for Alonso, not another pacey left winger or attacking left winger. They've both done a great job don't get me wrong but in any other situation, say a year down the line, they would both be the back up to Conte's first choice wingers whoever they may be. 

Sanchez throwing his toys out of the pram unhappy with the Bournemouth game even though they came back from three nil down to three all. Arsenal are never going to win the league or the champions league with Wenger as manager and players like Sanchez and Ozil are beginning to realize this!

Fonte hands in transfer request. Must be absolutely gutting, supporting Saints.

As great a reputation they have for bringing through young players and developing them, there's also a strong culture of players seeing them as a stepping stone. They need to show some intent and go through a couple of windows without selling their best players before they can kick on.

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Fonte hands in transfer request. Must be absolutely gutting, supporting Saints.

As great a reputation they have for bringing through young players and developing them, there's also a strong culture of players seeing them as a stepping stone. They need to show some intent and go through a couple of windows without selling their best players before they can kick on.

They're pretty impressive at recruiting replacements so as disappointing as it is for them, the fans must feel pretty confident in their recruitment team.

Chances are not only will they replace him but find an improvement.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They're pretty impressive at recruiting replacements so as disappointing as it is for them, the fans must feel pretty confident in their recruitment team.

Chances are not only will they replace him but find an improvement.

They are very good at it. But that's not what football is about, in my eyes. As a fan, you want heroes who will stay at a club for a long time, not mercenaries who will head there for the facilities and coaching before slapping in a transfer request once they feel a big club might come in for them.

There have been worse cases of it than Fonte because he's been there for a long time and must surely be one of their legends, but we all know how we go into meltdown when one of our favourite players leaves/want to leave. There's obvious potential for the club to kick on to the next level, and it must be frustrating for them.

He's kept himself in good shape... but at the end of the day he's 33. I'm not entirely sure what he's trying to achieve here? Yes Liverpool might go in for him for a season or two, but there's no Champions League there for him. Man Utd again could be tempted, but they're currently trying to sign two young centre backs, so how he fits in there I don't know.

Could understand him doing it last season, or at a push in the summer, but I feel he's missed his chance now. 

I think the cracks with Puel are starting to show though, 3 defeats in a row and incredibly defensive football. 

Just now, AjcW said:

He's kept himself in good shape... but at the end of the day he's 33. I'm not entirely sure what he's trying to achieve here? Yes Liverpool might go in for him for a season or two, but there's no Champions League there for him. Man Utd again could be tempted, but they're currently trying to sign two young centre backs, so how he fits in there I don't know.

Could understand him doing it last season, or at a push in the summer, but I feel he's missed his chance now. 

Eric Bailly is at Afcon. So they might want a stop gap till the summer.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hull reject £3m bid for Snodgrass from West Ham.

Is it me or are West Ham looking abit desperate?

West Ham have also said they've ended intrest in Defoe.

West Ham going for a scatter Gun approach does stink of despersion, you throw enough Shit some will stick and you end up with a loan move for Zaza like htey did in the summer!

West Ham's transfer policy is really beginning to piss me off. Throwing derisory offers around for players they are never going to sign in a bid to unsettle them to force through a transfer.It was the same in the summer, bidding for Lacazette, Matt Ritchie, Callum WIlson, Carlos Bacca...ludicrous and they ended up with Ayew and Zaza.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I would literally not be at all surprised if West Ham part with Slaven soon.

Both the fans and the board (I suspect) will expect better than this.

It is bizarre. Simillar to our situation, where no one really expected them to do as well as they did last season, but certainly not as bad as this! 

I think the owners will already be asking around on who is available and if a big-ish name comes up, then Bilic will be gone before the window ends

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It is bizarre. Simillar to our situation, where no one really expected them to do as well as they did last season, but certainly not as bad as this! 

I think the owners will already be asking around on who is available and if a big-ish name comes up, then Bilic will be gone before the window ends

In all honesty, they played pretty much a first team (ish) tonight and have been woeful. Bilic cuts a lost figure on the touch line tonight.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

In all honesty, they played pretty much a first team (ish) tonight and have been woeful. Bilic cuts a lost figure on the touch line tonight.

He could be gone after tonight...

Expect booing at the end of this game...from those who have bothered staying.

Archived