Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jon ****ing Moss.

Cvnt.

5 minutes ago, adam said:

I see John moss bottled sending Costa off for a dive today .He couldn't get his card out quick enough for Vardy. Another hopeless ref. 

Unbelievable inconsistency. How on earth could he give Vardy that second yellow but doesn't give Costa one for the most obvious diver of the year. Fvcking ridiculous.

Theres something seriously bugging me about the refereeing we see in the Premier League.

Its the fact that referees cant remain balanced in their decision making and frankly, its doing my head in.

Firstly, its one thing to let the game flow, but its another to not punish clear bookable offences. I felt this began in the Euros, and while i applauded the concept of letting the game flow, it also led to some questionable play on decisions, none more so than Payet coming in and clearing Ronaldo out in the final.

Yes, its good to keep a game 11 v 11, but Coquelin had to walk today. It was a clear 2nd bookable challenge and that would have affected the game significant way.

Its just the same with early tackles. If someone puts in an early bad challenge, its not acceptable to give them the benefit of the doubt just because its early in the game. It has to be a card.

And to go alongside this, there were several fouls in the first half of our game that were deemed as play on, where it definitely wasnt preferrable to play on. We should have had a free kick, there was absolutely no advantage.

Holding in the box is the next one. We see a ridiculous amount of wrestling in the box from set pieces prior to this season, a new directive comes in that there is to be a clamp down on holding, and then we see decisions like the Sterling one in the Stoke v Man City game. Its OVERDOING the directive.

Sterling was just being a nuisance, he barely impeded Shawcross as he contested the header. But i can imagine now there will be an absolute flurry of ridiculously soft penalties as a means of implementing the new directive.

At the end of the day its marking. Players will get tight to each other and there will be some contact. But come on, if there is a clear holding offence like the ones we saw in the infamous game between Celtic and Juve then fine but this all or nothing approach is not good at all.

And then you get a situation where John Moss wont book Diego Costa for a blatant dive. I believe he didnt, because he knew Costa was already on a yellow, and that yellow was a "soft" yellow for dissent. So by whipping the card out for dissent, I think this affected what would have been a much more key decision, which would have been the dive.

Obviously, watching players run up to the referee and shout at them is not something we want to see. But that decision effectively (to me) made him reluctant to referee the game properly and book the "footballing" offence. It was the same in the game v West Ham....if your putting yourself in a position where youve got players on a booking for something cheap and then dont send them off, it kind of defeats the point of the dissent directive.

All in all, poor.

6 hours ago, Donut said:

Theres something seriously bugging me about the refereeing we see in the Premier League.

Its the fact that referees cant remain balanced in their decision making and frankly, its doing my head in.

Firstly, its one thing to let the game flow, but its another to not punish clear bookable offences. I felt this began in the Euros, and while i applauded the concept of letting the game flow, it also led to some questionable play on decisions, none more so than Payet coming in and clearing Ronaldo out in the final.

Yes, its good to keep a game 11 v 11, but Coquelin had to walk today. It was a clear 2nd bookable challenge and that would have affected the game significant way.

Its just the same with early tackles. If someone puts in an early bad challenge, its not acceptable to give them the benefit of the doubt just because its early in the game. It has to be a card.

And to go alongside this, there were several fouls in the first half of our game that were deemed as play on, where it definitely wasnt preferrable to play on. We should have had a free kick, there was absolutely no advantage.

Holding in the box is the next one. We see a ridiculous amount of wrestling in the box from set pieces prior to this season, a new directive comes in that there is to be a clamp down on holding, and then we see decisions like the Sterling one in the Stoke v Man City game. Its OVERDOING the directive.

Sterling was just being a nuisance, he barely impeded Shawcross as he contested the header. But i can imagine now there will be an absolute flurry of ridiculously soft penalties as a means of implementing the new directive.

At the end of the day its marking. Players will get tight to each other and there will be some contact. But come on, if there is a clear holding offence like the ones we saw in the infamous game between Celtic and Juve then fine but this all or nothing approach is not good at all.

And then you get a situation where John Moss wont book Diego Costa for a blatant dive. I believe he didnt, because he knew Costa was already on a yellow, and that yellow was a "soft" yellow for dissent. So by whipping the card out for dissent, I think this affected what would have been a much more key decision, which would have been the dive.

Obviously, watching players run up to the referee and shout at them is not something we want to see. But that decision effectively (to me) made him reluctant to referee the game properly and book the "footballing" offence. It was the same in the game v West Ham....if your putting yourself in a position where youve got players on a booking for something cheap and then dont send them off, it kind of defeats the point of the dissent directive.

All in all, poor.

I see some of your points...but not on Sterling.

I like many have see how over the many years, this has slowly become accepted.

Holding pushing is x a penalty. Like Lineker and Shearer have ofter hinted, funny how

defenders and midfielders tend to accept it more, when interviewed.

My view.."part of the game"  is poor, Grappling trying to get your arms around you opponent,

still angers and irritates the fans.I would love to see the refs give 3-4 penalties per match.

Its football, not rugby...

BECAUSE ITS BEEN LET GO, doesnt mean or make it right.The refs and their bosses have got it wrong for 30 +yrs now.Managers also have been wrong.

Cheating by defenders, and refs cheating the fans by seeing it and ignoring it, wrong wrong...!!!

West Ham are such a dirty, scummy club. 

Their stadium theft is entirely typical of this. The taxpayer spend +£400m and another £200m see developing it (figures taken from Sky Sports). West Ham contribute £15m. They pay **** all rent. They're a disgrace. 

Everton will have very good season

with Bolasie,Gueye and 19 years old rb 

now its obvious why Walsh is gone,club did not want to bring in all these players and its obvious too leicester lacks left winger,deffencive midfielder and young rb

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

now its obvious why Walsh is gone,club did not want to bring in all these players and its obvious too leicester lacks left winger,deffencive midfielder and young rb

Getting absolutely fed up of people talking up these two players.

Gueye was relegated in one of the worst premier league teams ever and was hardly a standout performer

Bolasie is erratic and Everton paid massively over the top for him when arguably Palace picked up just as good a replacement in Townsend for half the price.

Yet we are talking them up like theyre Messi and Neymar.

Just now, Donut said:

Getting absolutely fed up of people talking up these two players.

Gueye was relegated in one of the worst premier league teams ever and was hardly a standout performer

Bolasie is erratic and Everton paid massively over the top for him when arguably Palace picked up just as good a replacement in Townsend for half the price.

Yet we are talking them up like theyre Messi and Neymar.

At least they are better Albrighton and King/Amartey 

3 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

At least they are better Albrighton and King/Amartey 

Bolasie who scored what, 2 goals and assisted barely any, is better than Albrighton who was constantly involved, works like a beaver for the team, cost 30m less and won the league?

Bolasie is fast ill give you that though.

28 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

West Ham are such a dirty, scummy club. 

Their stadium theft is entirely typical of this. The taxpayer spend +£400m and another £200m see developing it (figures taken from Sky Sports). West Ham contribute £15m. They pay **** all rent. They're a disgrace. 

It's a tenancy agreement, I don't have to tell you that. They are renting. So if the council propose this deal what are the club going to do? "No mate we'll pay more"? It's business, and good business from West Ham.

How much money did the Olympic Stadium generate for us during the Olympic games? I'd say the Council made millions so it's difficult to to suggest "oh it's us paying for it". As taxpayers, we contribute to much worse - we pay for the upkeep of the Royal Family and what for? 

The fee West Ham pay per year is currently 2.5mill. They will pay more fees on top of that depending on what they achieve each season. 

Just now, Donut said:

Bolasie who scored what, 2 goals and assisted barely any, is better than Albrighton who was constantly involved, works like a beaver for the team, cost 30m less and won the league?

Bolasie is fast ill give you that though.

Yes he is better than Albrighton whos only strength is work rate and who was completely lost yesterday

16 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

What on earth are you on about? Two completely different clubs in completely different positions. Bizarre 

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

And the "19 year old right back" had nothing to do with Walsh either, its Mason Holgate's 2nd season at Everton.

So all in all youve had a bit of a mare.

yeah sure

Everton brought Bolasie,Leicester was after him before Walsh was gone

Everton made a bid for Kalinic,there was interest from leicester before Walsh was gone

Everton brought Gueye and i think Walsh was for him too before he was gone,but club brought Mendy

Archived