Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I like that silly green felt they have to cover the athletics track lol Reminds me of a subbuteo pitch.

Time for a monty python sketch...big hand over the stadium, flicking the ball, and squashing the ref, with a thumb.

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Errm Not like or comparable to Arsenal. Gunner fans are unhappy, because they are always in the top 4, 

but still havent won anything, for a long time.   Perspective is if any other club had such history, especially

Sunderland they would be bragging about it.

If Leicester had the next 10 years, emulating Arsenal, I would be well chuffed and die an happy man.

Continual top 4 ,PL title(Our title  ) and 3 FA-cups. Yes please.

Sunderland might just settle now for 10yrs ,the odd deep  cup run, and doing an Everton.

Liverpool and Arsenal fans, fail to grasp their success, and concentrate on their pre-concieved failures,

By believing thay had/have the right to expect, and their beloved club are obligated to deliver, continuous silverware.

RMadrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Celtic, dont play in leagues with yearly differences of sheerbloodymindness Ethos.

Its easier for them.

Arsenal and Liverpool fans should look at Manutd, Man.city, Chelsea last 2 seasons new buys, and ask oneself if any of those

Players would of improved their cause.

For one I believe in the last 4 seasons, if Arsenal had not had their injury problems, they would of most likely won the title twice.

But thats only conjecture.

The perspective is that different clubs have different levels of expectation and their expectation is justified.

Yeah, of course if we emulated what Arsenal have done over the last 10 years we would be delighted. Because we are Leicester and not Arsenal.

If we were one of the richest clubs in the world with some of the highest matchday revenues in the world and we had such problems closing out transfer deals, spent all that time being battered in the knockout stages of the champions league against teams we should be competing against, and not winning anything of note domestically in that time (FA Cup is nowhere near as big as league and champions league) then yes, i think youd be pissed off.

Instead, they havent managed a proper league title challenge in TWELVE years. TWELVE. And spent most of the time in the champions league just getting through the groups only to be hammered by any half decent team.

Why do Sunderland fans boo? they boo because they have a new manager every season, no continuity, the same bag of shit players that will turn up when its really needed when theyre in the firing line but the rest of the time? awful attitudes that have got many a decent manager sacked.

So the perspective is different clubs have different goals.

Just saying dont complain because youre not Blackpool or Portsmouth isnt much of an argument is it.

The stadium just from a looks perspective looks great.

Its not a football stadium though. The views must be absolutely terrible from the lower seats where you are so far from the pitch.

And its good to see Harry Arter sent off too, one of the most unlikeable footballers in the game.

19 minutes ago, Donut said:

The perspective is that different clubs have different levels of expectation and their expectation is justified.

Yeah, of course if we emulated what Arsenal have done over the last 10 years we would be delighted. Because we are Leicester and not Arsenal.

If we were one of the richest clubs in the world with some of the highest matchday revenues in the world and we had such problems closing out transfer deals, spent all that time being battered in the knockout stages of the champions league against teams we should be competing against, and not winning anything of note domestically in that time (FA Cup is nowhere near as big as league and champions league) then yes, i think youd be pissed off.

Instead, they havent managed a proper league title challenge in TWELVE years. TWELVE. And spent most of the time in the champions league just getting through the groups only to be hammered by any half decent team.

Why do Sunderland fans boo? they boo because they have a new manager every season, no continuity, the same bag of shit players that will turn up when its really needed when theyre in the firing line but the rest of the time? awful attitudes that have got many a decent manager sacked.

So the perspective is different clubs have different goals.

Just saying dont complain because youre not Blackpool or Portsmouth isnt much of an argument is it.

Its exactly that idea of perspective, I argue or stand against, because I am  a bloodyminded tosser, idiot, and deny the trait....What was the perspective for us and Spurs last year.

Hull this year or just last week.. Spit in the eye to all..:P

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

https://twitter.com/PreMatchMeal/status/767389141810155520/photo/1

I'm all for safe standing (this isn't it) so surely this breaches some safety rules? Selling tickets where there are no seats??

That's crazy also thought season ticket sales was restricted to a certain % of capacity if so why have they been able to sell 52,000 in a 57,000 capacity stadium 

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

https://twitter.com/PreMatchMeal/status/767389141810155520/photo/1

I'm all for safe standing (this isn't it) so surely this breaches some safety rules? Selling tickets where there are no seats??

Just seen this, surely there's an explanation otherwise they're in for a huge fine? 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Its exactly that idea of perspective, I argue or stand against, because I am  a bloodyminded tosser, idiot, and deny the trait....What was the perspective for us and Spurs last year.

Hull this year or just last week.. Spit in the eye to all..:P

A sense of perspective would be to know we overachieved massively last season. Spurs overachieved too, but not on the same scale we did.

Falling short of what we did last season shouldnt be seen as failure. We could have a very good season this season and not emulate last season because thats once in a lifetime stuff.

But we should both EXPECT not to be in a relegation battle. Because we are a lot stronger than those teams.

Hulls perspective is probably that this season is going to be tough. Put everything into trying to stay up, which will be a great accomplishment if they do.

Theres not much point in saying that Arsenal for example should be happy to bob along going absolutely nowhere because at least they arent in a relegation battle, because they have huge resources and a huge history of winning things that says they are justified in expecting more.

Archived