Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

The argument I don't understand is "sleeping giant". Why is a period of 20 years of mediocrity less relevant than five years of success? There are many clubs who have won trophies because football has been going in the league for 130 years, only a certain few are true giants who have been dominant for a long spell.

I don't doubt these clubs have had successful spells but hardly any are giants. I think we get a bit too nostalgic about things.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I might have overreacted with "rich" but Kitandro always wants to compare "big clubs" and it's just annoying. As I said on my post you are only as good as now - which is why the likes of Bournemouth are in the top flight on merit. I cba comparing attendances of towns to Cities like Kitandro seems to do as it's stupid.

But why are you even bothering arguing with Kitchen? The boy's the biggest retard that's ever signed up here and he's got ample competition.

Just now, The Bear said:

Hopefully a Forest goal and a Brizzle equaliser to come.

I assume you're salty about Birmingham because they care about Villa more than you, in which case you'll perfectly understand why we want Forest to go down.

:whistle:

No I don't give a toss about Blues in general. They're just a horrible little club who've never won anything and have awful fans and have had crooks for owners. They're fully deserving of League One status or preferably lower.
I care more about West Brom if we play them or Villa.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not sure why you all hate Forest so much. They're a great club, not some tinpot outfit like Birmingham.

old enough to remember when this was a serious rivalry....and its a rivalry between the two cities as well. So very much want them to go down, and ideally, down again

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Forest will ruin all this by winning...probably some fluke late goal.

I'm hoping Forest do win, and then Blackburn score a late third and send them down on goal difference.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

No I don't give a toss about Blues in general. They're just a horrible little club who've never won anything and have awful fans and have had crooks for owners. They're fully deserving of League One status or preferably lower.
I care more about West Brom if we play them or Villa.

Sounds like you really don't care about Birmingham lol 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not sure why you all hate Forest so much. They're a great club, not some tinpot outfit like Birmingham.

I don't hate or even dislike Forest because of my location, it's Cov I hate although they're irrelevant now, however I do work with a few Forest fans now, still really doesn't change my feelings on Forest, when we play them I feel abit of rivalry but that's about it.

I like Birmingham, don't know why, always have, they're about the only other Midlands side I don't mind, that said the way they treated Rowett there is an arugment they deserve to go down, i'm sure fans of other clubs said that about us when we sacked Ranieri though. The difference is something had to change for us and all things considered it had to be Ranieri and had turned out to be the right decision, Rowett had Birmingham flying, doing a great job and in the playoffs!!

Blackburn, probably the one out the 3 I have not feelings on whatsoever.

Blackburn or Forest to go down for me.

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Blackburn is a town ffs, why can't you never understand this, (and is in Greater Manchester anyway). 

:blink:

Unless Andy Burnham has launched an expansion campaign since his election, this is geographically inaccurate.

"I read the news today, oh boy

Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Greater Manchester"

See, it just doesn't scan.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I feel the same about clubs like Wigan, Reading, Hull, etc. None of them "proper" football clubs.

What makes a proper football club though?

Just now, Vacamion said:

:blink:

Unless Andy Burnham has launched an expansion campaign since his election, this is geographically inaccurate.

"I read the news today, oh boy

Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Greater Manchester"

See, it just doesn't scan.

:D

I thought Greater Manchester swallowed up East Lancashire.

But I'll go with Lancashire because I always listen to what the Beatles told me ;) 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

:D

I thought Greater Manchester swallowed up East Lancashire.

But I'll go with Lancashire because I always listen to what the Beatles told me ;) 

Blackburn def not in Greater Manchester. (my mrs comes from round there so I know the area well. Stunnying countryside but the towns are just unbelievably awful)

Archived