Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

As long as it's not Reading, I'm happy. 

We know that we've got the quality to finish top half, so it shouldn't matter who comes up in respect of next season- if we're anywhere near a relegation battle then we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Wednesday would be my favourite.

I want to see Forest win but still go down. Especially if it's down to a Blackburn goal being scored with the last kick of the game meaning their goal difference becomes superior to Forest's. Can just imagine all the Forest fans giving it large and then the Blackburn goal goes in, and their faces drop. 

The FA are to investigate Huddersfield fielding a weakened side against Brum. Personally, if you have selected the team within your squad and have performed well enough to make the play offs (with the semi finals coming up), I think Wagner is perfectly in his right to select his own team.

From what I've heard from the fans they have rotated all year season long so it's no different to their usual. Besides one upside is it forces F***** closer to the drop :ph34r: 

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Blackburn will go but it's hilarious that Forest have been dragged right back into it.

As for potential threats... we are a bigger club than Fulham but they do have the London appeal everyone bangs on about.

If the sway of London was that big they'd have pushed on a la Everton - as it is they sat around midtable for a decade, got a couple of forays into the top half when Hodgson took over, then plummeted when he left. They did in the league about as much as Stoke have.

Guest FriendlyRam

Will Hughes would struggle in the prem IMO, he's awfully lightweight and when your manager is saying Butterfield has "a better range of passing" it doesn't bode well, esp with passing supposedly being Hughes best attribute. He's not improved sadly and Hendrick got a move before him as well, and there's not much interest in Hughes either.

If forest go down are you dedicating this whole thread to them? lol

12 hours ago, HathernFox said:

The FA are to investigate Huddersfield fielding a weakened side against Brum. Personally, if you have selected the team within your squad and have performed well enough to make the play offs (with the semi finals coming up), I think Wagner is perfectly in his right to select his own team.

From what I've heard from the fans they have rotated all year season long so it's no different to their usual. Besides one upside is it forces F***** closer to the drop :ph34r: 

Exactly. They ask you to name a squad in August and then punish you for using that squad. But of a joke really. What if Wagner felt they didn't perform in recent weeks and wanted to send a message nobody is undroppable, it's well within his rights.

2 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Derby sack chief exec for "gross misconduct". Wonder what he's done. 

Signing Nick Blackman for 3 million quid for a start.

13 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Derby sack chief exec for "gross misconduct". Wonder what he's done. 

He was caught telling somebody that the Clough trophy was an embarrassing made up fixture competed by two tin pot clubs living in the past 

Said breach of fiduciary duties, so he's done something to piss the shareholders off essentially lol Apparently he had some dodgy dealings with Wasserman Group who own players/branding rights etc.

To be fair he's probably looked at Mel Morris without asking! 

Guest FriendlyRam
On 5/3/2017 at 22:02, Tuna said:

Signing Nick Blackman for 3 million quid for a start.

lol

Steve Bruce had appeared in a 'spot of bother' earlier after having moles removed.

Steve-Bruce-at-the-press-conference-for-

Can see him gradually taking Villa back up again if he's given the time to change the situation there.

I'm not really understanding Soccer Saturday this morning, blaming Forest, Birmingham & Blackburn's position purely on the owners. Trying to make out like they're all massive like Man Utd or something.

I mean Iain Dowie saying it's 'unfathomable' that Forest & Blackburn are in this position. Eh? Forest were in League 1 a few years ago, under different ownership, and haven't been in the top division for nearly 20 years FFS.

These are all clubs with crowds below 20,000 (well below in Birmingham and Blackburn's case) who have had chequered football histories. I can understand them blaming the owners solely for Birmingham's position since they were 7th and one point in the season and then they hired Zola. But they've flirted with relegation numerous times over the last few seasons.

Let's be honest, Blackburn were punching well above their weight even being in the Premiership, let alone winning it.

I'm not saying their owners aren't all terrible, but making out it's all to do with them and that they could never be relegated otherwise is cringeworthy. It's sickening how the media arselick some clubs and undervalue others with seemingly no basis, it's like they're getting kickbacks for it or something.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I mean Jeff just said ' Nottingham Forest, one of the great clubs in English football'.

What? lol what does that even mean?

really he said that?!?! christ just cos they won the CL back way back when,

does us winning the league against all the odds make us one of the great clubs of English football?

on today games, hoping for a Blackburn 93min winner and Forest draw and go down,

On 5/5/2017 at 23:38, Wymeswold fox said:

Steve Bruce had appeared in a 'spot of bother' earlier after having moles removed.

Steve-Bruce-at-the-press-conference-for-

Can see him gradually taking Villa back up again if he's given the time to change the situation there.

How big was the fookin mole !!!  :o

search.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I'm not really understanding Soccer Saturday this morning, blaming Forest, Birmingham & Blackburn's position purely on the owners. Trying to make out like they're all massive like Man Utd or something.

I mean Iain Dowie saying it's 'unfathomable' that Forest & Blackburn are in this position. Eh? Forest were in League 1 a few years ago, under different ownership, and haven't been in the top division for nearly 20 years FFS.

These are all clubs with crowds below 20,000 (well below in Birmingham and Blackburn's case) who have had chequered football histories. I can understand them blaming the owners solely for Birmingham's position since they were 7th and one point in the season and then they hired Zola. But they've flirted with relegation numerous times over the last few seasons.

Let's be honest, Blackburn were punching well above their weight even being in the Premiership, let alone winning it.

I'm not saying their owners aren't all terrible, but making out it's all to do with them and that they could never be relegated otherwise is cringeworthy. It's sickening how the media arselick some clubs and undervalue others with seemingly no basis, it's like they're getting kickbacks for it or something.

What are you on about. Blackburn have a rich history, more than most sides in the Championship. They've won the top flight numerous times, let alone winning it in 95. Their FA record is superb and winning it season after season like they did is yet to be beaten.

You always try and compare attendance too which is stupid. Blackburn is a town ffs, why can't you never understand this, (and is in Greater Manchester anyway). Clubs likes Leeds and Leicester are one club Cities so of course attendances at these clubs will be higher.

Forest have been an average club throughout their history, pretty much similar to us, but were guided by a genius and what Clough achieved there was unbelievable. They are one of six English sides to have won the European Cup so yeah they are big for the league they play in. But football is played now and the likes of Hull, Bournemouth are in the top flight because of what they do now.

There are plenty of clubs with a good history. But there are really only two or three clubs with sustained success throughout history. 

Archived