Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Birmingham's Paul Robinson kicking and punching Chester as he runs off to celebrate.

Genuinely one of the biggest, dirtiest scumbags in the game. I utterly loathe him with a passion and the crummy club he plays for.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Guess the Geordies will expect their team to simply turn up and beat all us little teams...being the massive club they are.

What really grates me is all these saying 'they're back where they belong', no one has a right to be in the Premier league, you earn it by making sure you have enough points to stay out the bottom three come May.

Massive club, big fan base no question but not many trophies in the last few decades to go with the massive club tag.

23 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Welcome back to the Premier League, Newcastle!

This is where you belong.

Is it bollox. I'm not sure why but I don't think there's a club I like less than Newcastle. I'm not sure if it's the accent, Shearer, their 'amazing fans' myth, Cheryl Cole or Geordie Shore. Probably a combination.

Prefer them then Sunderland as

i have a couple of friends that support them buts that's not saying much. They will be in a relegation battle next season unless they invest heavily in their first team, barring a couple of players there team is piss poor compared to Brighton's imo.

22 minutes ago, promised land said:

What really grates me is all these saying 'they're back where they belong', no one has a right to be in the Premier league, you earn it by making sure you have enough points to stay out the bottom three come May.

Massive club, big fan base no question but not many trophies in the last few decades to go with the massive club tag.

Especially as it's said about so many clubs, some of whom have been away from the top flight for nearly a generation.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

And whilst we're this thread, what an utterly pointless club Reading are. A place that shouldn't really have a football club at all, may well get promoted and give us all a shit away day we'll want to avoid, and they still fvcking can't send Forest down. Livid.

Ah its in the south and close to London all southerners hate football and instead prefer rugby and croquet........ Moron.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

And whilst we're this thread, what an utterly pointless club Reading are. A place that shouldn't really have a football club at all, may well get promoted and give us all a shit away day we'll want to avoid, and they still fvcking can't send Forest down. Livid.

Why shouldn't they have a football club? 

Newcastle were actually the team I rooted for when I first started watching the PL on a regular basis. Being a Notts County supporter, I thought I'd root for the "other" Magpies. 

I soon realized that was a stupid reason to support a team :D

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Prefer them then Sunderland as

i have a couple of friends that support them buts that's not saying much. They will be in a relegation battle next season unless they invest heavily in their first team, barring a couple of players there team is piss poor compared to Brighton's imo.

A lot of very good championship players in the squad who I think will struggle to make the step up. Actually think they had too many players that were good enough for that league and Rafa seemed to change the line up week in week out and I think that was why they didn't win the league. Anyway, they're gonna need a striker or two, a winger, at least one centre back and right and left backs if they want a comfortable season, and that's just for starters.

I dont think Rafa will be there at the start of the season to be honest, he has already come out and said if Ashley isnt prepared to spend he is off. They need some serious investment or they will just go back down again.

Newcastle have always been a top division side in my recollection more than anything. Given their size and fanbase, it's where they should be - much more than Sunderland, in my opinion.

Of course, the fans' attitude and their sense of entitlement is an entirely different matter.

Now all I'm hoping for is the Wednesday getting promoted via the playoff route. :fc:

What's for sure is that if Ashley doesn't back Benitez their fans are going to be in tremendous booing form next season. Even better when Stoke bin Hughes off and Newcastle go and get him.

Newcastle fan on Talksport earlier said they need to spend £150mil to stay up lol if we spent that even after coming up I'd be expecting 10th at worst. Absurd money.

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

What's for sure is that if Ashley doesn't back Benitez their fans are going to be in tremendous booing form next season. Even better when Stoke bin Hughes off and Newcastle go and get him.

Newcastle fan on Talksport earlier said they need to spend £150mil to stay up lol if we spent that even after coming up I'd be expecting 10th at worst. Absurd money.

Crazy money but its probably right. Newcastle need at least 6 players I think. Bang average footballers go for around £15mil. If Benitez is given the money and he stays I can see Newcastle being ok but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they go straight back down.

If Benitez was to leave would you look at having him as manager here? I'm still not sure on whether Shakespeare is the man to take us to being a top half team in the prem.

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Crazy money but its probably right. Newcastle need at least 6 players I think. Bang average footballers go for around £15mil. If Benitez is given the money and he stays I can see Newcastle being ok but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they go straight back down.

If Benitez was to leave would you look at having him as manager here? I'm still not sure on whether Shakespeare is the man to take us to being a top half team in the prem.

If Benitez needs £150mil to keep them up then he isn't that good in my eyes.

Average players go for that much I agree but to me that's just poor scouting. We've got Ndidi for that much and he's certainly not average.

They need investment, no doubt about that, but £150mil? Honestly we go on about the bottom half being garbage but it shouldn't take nearly that much to keep them up. Depends what their ambition is I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Benitez needs £150mil to keep them up then he isn't that good in my eyes.

Average players go for that much I agree but to me that's just poor scouting. We've got Ndidi for that much and he's certainly not average.

They need investment, no doubt about that, but £150mil? Honestly we go on about the bottom half being garbage but it shouldn't take nearly that much to keep them up. Depends what their ambition is I suppose.

Hes an idiot on talk sport. What do you expect.

he will spend some cash though (not that much) and he'll keep them up I would have thought.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes an idiot on talk sport. What do you expect.

he will spend some cash though (not that much) and he'll keep them up I would have thought.

Can't see it myself, Newcastle will go straight back down imo

With Mike Ashley at the helm, you don't know what his intention is or what he'll do next - shame as the club can potentially become an even greater club if they had the right people at the top in (like us); and know how to make both effective football and business decisions combined.

Quite sure many Newcastle fans aren't particularly keen on him, and even more convinced that Rangers don't like him with Sports Direct being involved in their club too.

Archived