Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

The rule with pitch invasions with relegation are as follows:- 

A pitch invasion may only be acceptable where a late goal has been scored or a comeback to assure your safety. Where relegation is avoided in a manner where the result is clear cut with no dramatic incidents, it may be deemed tinpot and open to ridicule.

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Will Harry stay at Birmingham. Transfer deadline day isn't the same without him discussing 37 targets through his car window ten minutes before the window closes, wheelin' and dealin'. 

The press will wanted him knighted for this first.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Maybe it's because you feel the need to latch on to them all the time ;)

The other way around in recent years; they all came out the woodwork when we knocked out by Atleti. Then spent last summer trying to convince anyone what would listen their title with Clough was more of an achievement than ours (personally it's not really worth comparing because it's two different eras). 

Basically they need us in the past couple of years to make themselves relevant.

3 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

I'd definitely say Ipswich, they was shocking. Depends on the teams coming up. Take away the top 12 teams and it really is a poor division. 

Ipswich won't go down. They are just Ipswich - midtable and nothing more or less. There's plenty of teams worse than Ipswich - look at QPR. I'd imagine whoever wins the play offs won't be strong enough without huge investment either and then it'll be interesting to see how Sheff Utd and Bolton get on.

15 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yeah, because we wouldn't have done that! 

Nah, we don't do pitch invasions do we?  I don't blame forest fans though, staying up on the last day, deserves a celebration on the pitch.

Thanks forest and than you bookies.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Ipswich won't go down. They are just Ipswich - midtable and nothing more or less. There's plenty of teams worse than Ipswich - look at QPR. I'd imagine whoever wins the play offs won't be strong enough without huge investment either and then it'll be interesting to see how Sheff Utd and Bolton get on.

Depends if McCarthy goes- the fans aren't happy with him but I think he's the reason they've stayed up. Their biggest asset isn't their own player, the crowds will drop next season as they've put season ticket prices up (I've no idea for the justification of that), the team has finished just four points above the relegation zone. An inferior manager brought in could see them really struggle.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Depends if McCarthy goes- the fans aren't happy with him but I think he's the reason they've stayed up. Their biggest asset isn't their own player, the crowds will drop next season as they've put season ticket prices up (I've no idea for the justification of that), the team has finished just four points above the relegation zone. An inferior manager brought in could see them really struggle.

Amazingly that was their worse finish since Alf Ramsey took over as manager too.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

That's true but they have gradually got worse over the years - we was the same for a good few years before we went down. That's not saying that others couldn't go down either, there's a good 5/6 teams in there who are poor enough to go down. 

I think Sheff United should be alright next season, big fan base, financially stable and walked the league this season, Bolton and play off winners will probably fight it out at the bottom. I think there could be another 'big club' or two go down next year again. 

Just now, Harry96 said:

Stockdale is shite whenever I've seen him play always making silly errors. Brighton should sign hamer would be an upgrade imo.

Can't we give them Zieler instead.

1 minute ago, EGBFitness said:

That's true but they have gradually got worse over the years - we was the same for a good few years before we went down. That's not saying that others couldn't go down either, there's a good 5/6 teams in there who are poor enough to go down. 

They've managed 8th, 6th and 7th in McCarthy's full seasons before this one. I really hate the "be careful what you wish for" argument but Ipswich is not an attractive club at the moment with low crowds and a seeming lack of investment so getting rid could be a massive risk.

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

Stockdale is shite whenever I've seen him play always making silly errors. Brighton should sign hamer would be up an upgrade imo.

I could see them going in for Hamer aswell. Can imagine them looking at Ulloa too. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

They've managed 8th, 6th and 7th in McCarthy's full seasons before this one. I really hate the "be careful what you wish for" argument but Ipswich is not an attractive club at the moment with low crowds and a seeming lack of investment so getting rid could be a massive risk.

Told you they have gradually got worse :ph34r: tbh I didn't think they had finished as high as that over previous seasons. 

As as you say though, they aren't an attacfive club at the moment. 

Really exciting and fascinating to watch.

Did think Forest would do it against Ipswich initially. The difference was obviously Assombolonga.

Blackburn's players, today, shouldn't be too disheartened - they've did very well today and looked more of a threat when Enmes came on.

Don't know whether the Venky's will now do one?

Great few days of football.

Guest FriendlyRam

Feel for Blackburn. But it was a whole season not one or two games they seem to be shouting about (hudders v bham seems to be the they're blaming it on). Its a pity forest turned up today, but they did and that's that so well done to em. Warburton will have them further up the league next year sadly.

We dropped 10 points against the bottom 3 as well,, not exactly comfortable end to the season lol

2 hours ago, baker11 said:

Those slating Forest for the pitch invasion for staying up... Tony James.

You know if it was us there would have been people on here either slating us for NOT doing a pitch invasion because we're "boring" or vigorously defending us as "passionate" FOR invading. Purely cause it's Forest.

That being said it does raise a titter they're on the pitch after surviving by the skin of our teeth as we're about the head into a fourth season of PL football and champions last season. They're so irrelevant in modern football terms now.

Guest FriendlyRam

I don't mind the pitch invasion, they only get a good day in a blue moon and its usually surviving on goal difference bless em lol.

"Thanks for that last gasp point sheep shaggers"..... Knew it wouldn't take long to see that comment on another forum.. :(

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

This ipswich performance is possibly the worst I've ever seen...

This, it was if they didn't want to score.

If I supported Blackburn, I Would be pretty sick the way Ipswich just rolled over 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

You know if it was us there would have been people on here either slating us for NOT doing a pitch invasion because we're "boring" or vigorously defending us as "passionate" FOR invading. Purely cause it's Forest.

That being said it does raise a titter they're on the pitch after surviving by the skin of our teeth as we're about the head into a fourth season of PL football and champions last season. They're so irrelevant in modern football terms now.

If you are Burton Albion you can invade the pitch for staying up- they are a tiny club punching well above their historic weight. But for ourselves, invading the pitch after finishing 41st in the country? Sorry, we should be bigger than that. That is a serious failure. By all means applaud the players for turning up on a crucial day but mobbing them? No, not for me.

Archived