Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Drinkwater starts for England v Australia

I don't think he's International class either. You'll have people telling you he's a PL winner. Yeah, and so was Wes Brown and Shaun Wright Phillips.

He's a decent player but that's about it.

Just a decent player? Are you an ostrich? Have you seen Drinkwater play for us?!? The guy is quality & clearly class, I wouldn't want any other English midfielder in our team over him!

He cant excel at international level, because this England team play a boring style which doesn't suit him. To say, he's 'a decent player, but that's about it', is quite frankly, a disgrace.

Just a decent player? Are you an ostrich? Have you seen Drinkwater play for us?!? The guy is quality & clearly class, I wouldn't want any other English midfielder in our team over him!

He cant excel at international level, because this England team play a boring style which doesn't suit him. To say, he's 'a decent player, but that's about it', is quite frankly, a disgrace.

Take those blue tinted specs off mate. I respect DD but let's not pretend he's better than he actually is. As I said earlier he's not even in the top 5 most important players for us.

Take those blue tinted specs off mate. I respect DD but let's not pretend he's better than he actually is. As I said earlier he's not even in the top 5 most important players for us.

lol. you watched us at all this year? 

incredible.

If you have watched us this season, the beauty of our team is there is no 'top 5'. Every single player has put a ****ing incredible shift in, this season. Nobody is above anyone. WE ARE A TEAM.

AND DRINKWATER'S PERFORMANCES HAS SHAT ALL OVER EVERY SINGLE ENGLISH MIDFILDER THIS SEASON. SO GO FUCH OFF AND DIE.

Again its not about being international quality, Drinkwater clearly is. Its the system & style of England's play which doesn't suit Danny.

lol. you watched us at all this year? 

incredible.

Yeah I have. Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan and Schmeichel are all more important to us than DD.

How is that Kante and Vardy don't need Drinkwater to perform at international level but Drinkwater needs Kante and Vardy. People here are blaming other England players for DD underperforming. Talk about blue tinted specs.

Yeah I have. Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan and Schmeichel are all more important to us than DD.

How is that Kante and Vardy don't need Drinkwater to perform at international level but Drinkwater needs Kante and Vardy. People here are blaming other England players for DD underperforming. Talk about blue tinted specs.

He's being asked to play a completely different role, where he doesn't move from in front of the back 4 and has to move the ball on quickly. How long did it take Vardy to settle at international level and how many games has Drinky played? He got MOTM on his England debut too.

And he was unbelievably good for us this year. A lot had him in their TOTY. He's very, very good.

Woy's reaction to Drinkwater putting it out for a throw in at the end was the moment he was cut from the squad.

Or he could be frustrated that someone he is taking made an error when we need to manage the last minute of injury time.

(I probably agree with you though)

Even if he goes I can't see him playing any minutes bar injuries. Woy will play Wilshere and Dier with Hendo as back-up. Can't see any room for him, For me it should be Dier and Drinky starting but Woy is an old blind bat so that won't happen. I also for the life of me don't understand why Milner is in the squad - ok he may be versatile but my God he contributes NOTHING expect boringness.

I thought he played fine. Not amazing granted but thought he recycled the ball well and kept us ticking over. The issue is that Drinky's speciality is the clutch ball over the top for the striker- No-one in the team does it better. But without Vardy that option is gone. You can't have a great game being the midfielder that Danny is when all you have is static attackers ahead of you. To summarise... England are dull and hodgson is a bint

Kasper... Ha ha ha ha ha.

If you have watched Leicester you will know Drinky is a top class midfielder capable of dictating play. If you think Henderson or Milner are better options than Drinky you are blind! If we had Scholes, Gazza, Ince, Lampard I would understand but seriously you think Henderson and Milner are better CM's than DD?

surely you don't rate Schmeichel over Drinkwater...

If you have watched Leicester you will know Drinky is a top class midfielder capable of dictating play. If you think Henderson or Milner are better options than Drinky you are blind! If we had Scholes, Gazza, Ince, Lampard I would understand but seriously you think Henderson and Milner are better CM's than DD?

Milner is versatile, and to be fair to him he's got about 12 assists this season. I'm not his biggest fan though but I get why he's in the squad. He is useful.

I agree regarding Henderson. I'd put DD ahead of him.

I thought he was quite good

some varied crits from the journos. Some thought he didn't do enough and others that he did. Overall, I thought he looked a bit lost on the side of the diamond (as he was last season when Pearson asked him to play there) but holding in front of the back four allowed him to be more involved and there were spells when he dictated the tempo. the problem he has is that Roy will play dier first there and wilshere second. will he want a third cover ? doubt it.

He said after the game that it wasn't about fitness now. He meant that he was going to go with the players who got him to the tournement. Milner and Barclay are not more deserving than DD but they play in different areas and dier/wilshere are ahead of him in Roy's plans in front of the back four. It's quite odd in my pinion as I think wilshere breaking forward from midfield could be one of the best players in Europe. Why Roy wants to waste him holding is just madness.

surely you don't rate Schmeichel over Drinkwater...

Replace Kasper with Huth then. My point still stands that there were several players ahead of DD in terms of importance this season. That doesn't mean DD is rubbishm. He's a good player.

Archived