Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Drinkwater starts for England v Australia

Delph or drinkwater won't go.

Did think Danny would miss out but leaning towards Delp now (which would be the correct decision)

We all know he is in love with Henderson for some reason, he probably already knows where he is sitting on the plane.

Thought Delph was out, injury or something.

For me Danny's not having a great game, if he didn't play for Leicester i'd probably be slagging him off, I have to be honest.

I think it's perhaps the system and tactics not suiting him, but still for me he's not doing a great deal to make him stand out and make a claim in the squad.

Thought Delph was out, injury or something.

I did hear that Tuesday night tbf but someone saying he could go confused me lol

Ain't strurridge out as well meaning vardy is on the plane by default (ignoring the fact he was probably going anyway)

How can anyone shine in a side playing these tactics? Tedious. Cannot remember a more boring England set up than the one we have under Hodgson. Struggling to justify watching England games these days. More depressingly, who the heck would replace him ?!? MON has international experience now. Struggling beyond that as to whom is a viable contender.

And we would thrash Australia in style if it meant anything... I can do that too

I'm not going on but Hodgson is so so defensive. 5 in midfield against Australia? How boring. It's typical Hodgson... We'll play 5 in midfield and 1 up front in France and go out (I still lack confidence about actually getting out of the group). 

But the worse thing is, when Hodgson does leave the FA will give the job to Southgate and I'll be saying exactly the same thing.

As much as I love Danny, I don't think his style suits international football. Can sometimes look like a headless chicken. Still better than Henderson though!

Define 'suits international football'. It's a meaningless comment.

If you hadn't noticed England are shit because they try to play like everyone else instead of to their own strengths. If we try to play slow, possession football (which I can only assume is what you mean) we'll get beaten. Consistently.

And 'headless chicken' lol. He's probably the most intelligent and calm players out there.

Guest ttfn

The Diamond really is a fookin pants formation.

Depends who's in it, much like any formation.

It puts a lot of pressure on the full backs and the forwards to work hard and create the width.

We had a bad experience of it under Sven but there are plenty of teams that have played it successfully.

I think it can be a really successful formation for England but if it's to work Vardy, Rose, Dier and Walker need to be in the team. None of them are playing today which is why I'm so baffled by Roy's decision to play a diamond today rather than last week.

How can anyone shine in a side playing these tactics? Tedious. Cannot remember a more boring England set up than the one we have under Hodgson. Struggling to justify watching England games these days. More depressingly, who the heck would replace him ?!? MON has international experience now. Struggling beyond that as to whom is a viable contender.

The players coming through are good, but Hodgson with his ridiculous tactics and playing his favourites really is taking the p*ss

I did hear that Tuesday night tbf but someone saying he could go confused me lol

Ain't strurridge out as well meaning vardy is on the plane by default (ignoring the fact he was probably going anyway)

Sturridge out tonight - could still go to Euro's, but another injury doesn't help his cause.

Vardy's going - he was on the Mars advert, big sign he's pretty assured.

Drinkwater could be really unfortunate if Wroy considers Rooney to be a midfielder as well.

Isn't that the problem? High profile English managers are in short supply, would they go for the foreign route again?

Could be why Woy wasn't shown the door 2 years ago after that disgrace.

Who is there? Sam, Pardew, then where? Harry?

For me Danny's not having a great game, if he didn't play for Leicester i'd probably be slagging him off, I have to be honest.

I think it's perhaps the system and tactics not suiting him, but still for me he's not doing a great deal to make him stand out and make a claim in the squad.

Could say the same for Hendo,Lallana and Wilshire they ain't exactualy setting the game alight either.

Asking a cm who has had an excellent season to play left or right side of a diamond is always asking for trouble.

Our midfield is 4 centre midfielders no wonder they are all having poorish games

Typical Roy playing players out of position square pegs round holes

Just got in as the game started and I was wondering what time it kicked off/ The Rashford scored.

Do they need Rooney? They have Vardy Kane and Rashford as strikers.

They have not done much since the goal though. No Kane either?

I'm not going on but Hodgson is so so defensive. 5 in midfield against Australia? How boring. It's typical Hodgson... We'll play 5 in midfield and 1 up front in France and go out (I still lack confidence about actually getting out of the group). 

But the worse thing is, when Hodgson does leave the FA will give the job to Southgate and I'll be saying exactly the same thing.

There's 4 in midfield - a diamond, with 2 up front, Sterling and Rashford. At times it goes a little 4-3-3 as Lallana pokes through he middle. Not sure where you picked up the 5 in midfield from.

Archived