Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Islam Slimani

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Heard a whisper this morning he might be going to AFCON. Any truth?

I've missed you and your daft shirts and your crazy transition from single liberal thinker into right wing bitter family man.

How's it going?

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seriously hope if it isn't us that we match that bid. For that price in today's market that's an absolute steal.

Agreed. I am not sure why we wouldn't bid on him. Looks good. Four other strikers means he can even have a small amount of time to bed in and get acclimatized.

If the scouts haven't bid, I wonder why are not interested in him.

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've missed you and your daft shirts and your crazy transition from single liberal thinker into right wing bitter family man.

How's it going?

Its going ok mate.

I'm off work today. Off on a stag do, starting with horseracing down at Brighton, then a night out down there. Its Gay Pride this weekend so the place should be heaving. Not sure it was best planned. The hotels are going to be a fortune I think!

I've packed a daft shirt and am obviously going to the races in ridiculous faux country gent mode. 

Wouldn't describe myself and liberal or right wing and more just fed up with the general stupidity, intolerance (irony?) and easily manipulated nature of our general populace. Lots of good eggs out there though and I try to take a philosophical view now - what will be will be. I've made no great strides to change anything myself, so I can't really grumble.

Football wise, I got to about 7 or 8 games last year, by hook or by crook. Got a ticket for the Everton home game at great expense. Wrong end, like a great many of us. Also got a ticket for Community Shield thanks to the generosity of a certain forum member (thanks!). Otherwise I've been going to see Maidstone United, when the opportunity presents itself. 3 promotions in not many years and in the Conference now. Exciting times. What a year last year was to be a Leicester and Maidstone fan. 

I have to say, down here in Maidstone, as a Leicester fan I've had a huge amount of goodwill from others. I'm not sure if those in Leicester really get the measure of it, but if I'm wearing Leicester polo or whatever, I've had countless people stop me for a chat, buy me a beer and just listen to some of my stories. Really odd. 

How are you?

6 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Agreed. I am not sure why we wouldn't bid on him. Looks good. Four other strikers means he can even have a small amount of time to bed in and get acclimatized.

Exactly. It just wouldn't add up we've been scouting him for around 3 years to what we know as we declared our interest then. 

He was one of the most prolific strikers in the world last season & is available for a cheap sum in today's market.

If we are to compete in all cup competitions next year 5 strikers will be needed & everyone will get there chance.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Its going ok mate.

I'm off work today. Off on a stag do, starting with horseracing down at Brighton, then a night out down there. Its Gay Pride this weekend so the place should be heaving. Not sure it was best planned. The hotels are going to be a fortune I think!

I've packed a daft shirt and am obviously going to the races in ridiculous faux country gent mode. 

Wouldn't describe myself and liberal or right wing and more just fed up with the general stupidity, intolerance (irony?) and easily manipulated nature of our general populace. Lots of good eggs out there though and I try to take a philosophical view now - what will be will be. I've made no great strides to change anything myself, so I can't really grumble.

Football wise, I got to about 7 or 8 games last year, by hook or by crook. Got a ticket for the Everton home game at great expense. Wrong end, like a great many of us. Also got a ticket for Community Shield thanks to the generosity of a certain forum member (thanks!). Otherwise I've been going to see Maidstone United, when the opportunity presents itself. 3 promotions in not many years and in the Conference now. Exciting times. What a year last year was to be a Leicester and Maidstone fan. 

I have to say, down here in Maidstone, as a Leicester fan I've had a huge amount of goodwill from others. I'm not sure if those in Leicester really get the measure of it, but if I'm wearing Leicester polo or whatever, I've had countless people stop me for a chat, buy me a beer and just listen to some of my stories. Really odd. 

How are you?

Good - I'm having a break before starting my next venture, which is nice. 

I'm not in Leicestershire either and the the good will from neighbouring football county's has been surprisingly supportive.... I've had to tell many people that I have been a fan since birth and have not adopted the team since Christmas.... I usually use my "I had a season ticket in the Levein years and it was so depressing I never even made it to my seat - just stood in the concourse throwing pints down my neck watching the misery on a small TV" story in order they understand the depth of the darkness I have been through with the club.

Let me know when your up for a game and I'll see if I can get a ticket too and we'll have some drinkies....

Enjoy the stag. Go hard, play unfair, drive fast and take risks.

Boomshanka,

SL.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Good - I'm having a break before starting my next venture, which is nice. 

I'm not in Leicestershire either and the the good will from neighbouring football county's has been surprisingly supportive.... I've had to tell many people that I have been a fan since birth and have not adopted the team since Christmas.... I usually use my "I had a season ticket in the Levein years and it was so depressing I never even made it to my seat - just stood in the concourse throwing pints down my neck watching the misery on a small TV" story in order they understand the depth of the darkness I have been through with the club.

Let me know when your up for a game and I'll see if I can get a ticket too and we'll have some drinkies....

Enjoy the stag. Go hard, play unfair, drive fast and take risks.

Boomshanka,

SL.

I've had a shocking realisation recently that my ability to drink has diminished whilst my thirst has not.

I'm not pre-drinking before this stag. Got to keep up with younger men also. Most of whom I imagine did not spend last night being woken up to answer questions about the water cycle.

You have to make an impressive start to these things and then slink back and keep a low profile. 

I'll definitely let you know next time I'm up for a game. Its getting tickets that is the problem as I don't seem to have a membership, but there is usually someone to help and I've tended to buy a few tickets at the ground of late (various grounds).

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Its going ok mate.

How are you?

Frank Bridge. 16:40. Lump

Get a bid in and get him signed. Would add another dimension. Although Leo would get edged and that is harsh. Everything needs to be done to sign the players we need. 

AFCON won't make our road easier but hopefully the depth of our squad will help us cope. 

Is there anything in this move anymore? There's always been a lot of talk over Slimiani and us for about three years now I think but nothing has seemed too 'official', even now. I don't doubt that clubs from the PL are interested and looking; i'd imagine if any are going to take Slimani it would be Everton under Walsh's praises while letting Lukaku go.

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

What is with it with all these topics that have absolutly no movement but yet pages are going up up and up might just stick to newsnow until end of august 

Yep - somebody needs to amend the Transfer Guidelines. No credible link - no topic

7 hours ago, Tanya said:

Maybe because he probably wouldn't add that much to the team.  He certainly wouldn't start and there's nothing to suggest he'd be any better than Leo.

This would be a waste of a squad place imo.

17 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Talksport show a couple of nights ago had their European expert on and said the £30mil release clause has now expired in his contract... 

I think you will find that it was 30M Euros (about £23M). I do not think it has gone up, if in fact it does still exist, of course.

Archived