Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Islam Slimani

1 minute ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Ulloa out - Slimani in.

It makes me sad to see this; given everything that Leo has done for us. :( However there is no room for sentiment in PL football. ;)

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Nope us & Arsenal.

Spurs aren't in the market for a striker no more as they signed the lad's from AZ & Marseille.

Offer Sporting Lisbon €50m for Slimani & Carlvahlo then see what they say for me.

Have to say, I'd probably prefer to sign Carvalho. Would be a serious statement of intent.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Not sure how we would keep everyone happy.

Ulloa is happy to be back up but a capable understudy, which sometimes you just need. Just like King

We'd only have 4 strikers if we sold Ulloa.

That would leave us with 3 (one who can play on the wing) plus Shinji who is more than happy to play off the bench.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That would leave us with 3 (one who can play on the wing) plus Shinji who is more than happy to play off the bench.

4 strikers, 3 of which expect to play every game is a lot imo.

Neither Vardy, Musa or Slimani would be happy with a lot of bench time. 

I'd keep Ulloa and go with what we have.

I can see Ranieri using the strikers in pairs.

Vardy and Shinji, Musa and Ulloa/Slimani

I really like Leo - but if you want to improve the quality of the squad then players that have played a part in previous seasons will lose out - it's just the way it goes unfortunately. We've seen Leo play some excellent football, but he's also at times been way off it. If Slimani offers us the same kind of option, but with a more consistent performance then its a no brainer really - get him in. 

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

One of our 4 strikers won't make the bench most weeks I think. For me the bench is most likely to be Zieler, Hernandez, Amartey, King, Schlupp, Gray or Krapustka and one striker.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One of our 4 strikers won't make the bench most weeks I think. For me the bench is most likely to be Zieler, Hernandez, Amartey, King, Schlupp, Gray or Krapustka and one striker.

I'm fed up of seeing goalkeepers on the bench, they're not required.

if your number 1 goalkeeper gets injured or sent off then you're generally fecked anyway so just whack an outfield player in and enjoy the highlight reel in ten years time.

3 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

I'm fed up of seeing goalkeepers on the bench, they're not required.

if your number 1 goalkeeper gets injured or sent off then you're generally fecked anyway so just whack an outfield player in and enjoy the highlight reel in ten years time.

Yea I agree with this and they should allow for a perm keeper spot giving teams one more outfield sub.

Archived