Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

The only concrete thing for me so far is Vichai's Instagram image. Mahrez is a nice person and great player who gave me so many moments of joy last season. I wish he can obtain a satisfactory contract with the club asap so that he can be MahrezMagic! again.

Probably going to regret this post but just had to do it. Any reports about Mahrez in the media came from poor sources. Generally Arsenal fans sites or organisations that crawl decent legitimate press for leads. Every story used headlines like 'According to' or 'reported in' even the Merc rubbished everything Mahrez. Even the man himself didnt feel the need to make any comment and where is the bid from Arsenal?. Never known such discussion about something that has not and will not happen. 

34 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Probably going to regret this post but just had to do it. Any reports about Mahrez in the media came from poor sources. Generally Arsenal fans sites or organisations that crawl decent legitimate press for leads. Every story used headlines like 'According to' or 'reported in' even the Merc rubbished everything Mahrez. Even the man himself didnt feel the need to make any comment and where is the bid from Arsenal?. Never known such discussion about something that has not and will not happen. 

Ornstein (who is a reputable journo) did tweet on Wednesday that arsenal had an interest in riyad.

by Thursday, they were no longer interested.

I suspect they were desperate not to get publically  involved in another failed transfer saga with us. 

Who knows what is going on privately between the clubs.

The 'stories' likely came from mahrez' camp to ramp up his position in contract negs. Maybe he was interested in going there. Hopefully we never need to find out!  

If he rips United apart on Sunday then the rumours will resurface because they sell advertising space 

I have a bit of a tenuous connection (ok very tenuous connection) to the Mahrez family. The connection is via a friend being very good friends with Mahrez's wife. Long story short, this is far from over.

If anyone wants to know what I've been told, I'll let you know, but its pretty much all been said here already.

In very brief summary, Mrs Mahrez very settled, doesn't like the spotlight and would like Mahrez to stay put. Club really not keen to sell. Mahrez very tempted. In short, not very exciting news, but it is all up in the air. Nothing is cut and dry yet from what I hear, so all this HE'S DEF SIGNING FOR ARSENAL or HE'S DEF STAYING was not true as of 2 days ago, when I last spoke to my mate.

Does of course rely on the source being good, but no one has any reason to lie. My source is actually a Chelsea fan. He wanted to know if any firm interest from Chelsea. Only firm interest Mrs Mahrez is aware of is from Arsenal. He HAS spoken to Arsenal. He has NOT spoken to any other club (other than Leicester).

There you go. Believe it. Don't believe it. Whatever.

Club are doing all they can to keep him though, so relax on that front. There is zero willingness to cash in, unless its a must.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hello!  How are things?  Family well?

Fine thank you. Family are all well. Eldest goes to school in September. Elsie F C is now pleased she's named after our football club. All is good. Hope you and yours are well too.

I'm magically now allowed to post in here. I was banned some time ago for stating my position that Pearson should be relieved of his duties.

Looking back. I deserved it. Its been disastrous since we got shot of the bullying egotist! 

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Fine thank you. Family are all well. Eldest goes to school in September. Elsie F C is now pleased she's named after our football club. All is good. Hope you and yours are well too.

I'm magically now allowed to post in here. I was banned some time ago for stating my position that Pearson should be relieved of his duties.

Looking back. I deserved it. Its been disastrous since we got shot of the bullying egotist! 

Indeed.  All well this end thanks.

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes you were banned just for that lol Let it go....

Guest seanfox778

On the Sky Sports News app, it's got a piece on our owner saying he's told Mahrez he has to stay. Can't find a link but here's a screenshot.

image.png

Archived