Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

The club need to grow a pair in my opinion, enough is enough, either play hardball and say not for sale and he isn't ala WBA,  Watford, Everton or sell him and be done with it!   No more pussy footing it's affecting things he was shite tonight!

11 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The club need to grow a pair in my opinion, enough is enough, either play hardball and say not for sale and he isn't ala WBA,  Watford, Everton or sell him and be done with it!   No more pussy footing it's affecting things he was shite tonight!

Agree now's the time to play hard ball to show that we can't controlled like this by players, I've had enough of it. No release clause, the club should decide his future not Mahrez

29 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

I think it's only getting blown up because of his 'situation'. I've stood in mixed zones myself & been completely blanked by players I was due to interview all because of a shit performance or result. Vidic nearly knocked me over at San Siro lol 

After the Cagliari match? 

I'm going to get shot for this....

I don't one think the world would end for Leicester if Riyad Mahrez left. We'd definetly have a better shape defensively & could upgrade at RB, CM & obviously another attacking option with the money. Vardy would miss him & his ability to create something out of very little would be insanely difficult to replace.

However in time & with a bit of patience we'd have new members of Ranieri's RAF up to speed. Gray & Kapustka are exciting options whilst Schlupp might be the most under rated player in the squad. It would sting to lose Riyad but I don't think it's anything the team couldn't overcome.

Just my opinion of course. 

3 hours ago, FacelessMen said:

Looks like he is really trying out there. 

If anyhing, this game proves how far away from a big team you lot are. 

I know it's a friendly, but you're playing a Barcelona team with basically Messi and Suarez as the only residual starters...don't even want to see the possession stats...

Do you want to see last season's league table instead?

3% possession = WINNING THE FVCKING LEAGUE MATE

5 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

I'm going to get shot for this....

I don't one think the world would end for Leicester if Riyad Mahrez left. We'd definetly have a better shape defensively & could upgrade at RB, CM & obviously another attacking option with the money. Vardy would miss him & his ability to create something out of very little would be insanely difficult to replace.

However in time & with a bit of patience we'd have new members of Ranieri's RAF up to speed. Gray & Kapustka are exciting options whilst Schlupp might be the most under rated player in the squad. It would sting to lose Riyad but I don't think it's anything the team couldn't overcome.

Just my opinion of course. 

Yes well frankly you should be shot.

Schlupp is the most overrated player in the squad. He's disgracefully bad. He shouldn't even be getting a mention in a thread about one of the best players in the English game.

45 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think the club have proven they they can take tough decisions if necessary - ask NP.

What would I do if I were the owners? On the assumption (logged and stated here but absolutely not verified in the slightest - that there is no smoke without fire) -  I guess I would

1) sit down and understand what Riyad really wants.

2) If he wants money money - like parity with Vardy then he's earned it in spades. Astronomical wages are the price to be paid for sitting at the top table. So give it to him fairly and honourably and do not waste any further time

3) If, on the other hand, he really wants out, then he - and we - have both to be grown up about it. We can't hold him for ever, but given there is no release clause, we can drive a hard, but not unreasonable bargain, and both he and his agents need to swallow that

4) For example, we might say, Ok, you can have a new contract, not as much as Vardy's because Vardy has committed, but a substantial increase on what you're getting. But it would be biased towards achievements and performance, not appearances as he has to have an incentive to really play

5) we then insert a release clause activataeble after a year, at say £50m, and activateable only by non UK clubs,

6) make it clear that if none of these is acceptable no offers will be accepted and we will be prepared to live with an unhappy player - in the reserves if necessary

We all know Mahrez is a poor traveller. He had issues last season when he came back after a couple games playing for Algeria and the same thing happened after the last AFCON. He scores a world class goal against Celtic and has two ordinary games after alot of travelling. Once he's rested he'll be fine. Famous last words, but i don't think he's going anywhere.

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

After tonights display.... he wont get in the team. Just my opinion, but he was piss-poor. Step up Gray and Kapustka.

Is this a serious post? lol

one friendly against Barcelona with the lad being  played out of position as a striker and suddenly he isn't good enough.

Just now, MPH said:

Is this a serious post? lol

one friendly against Barcelona with the lad being  played out of position as a striker and suddenly he isn't good enough.

I agree - he might have felt he was being set up to fail

20 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes well frankly you should be shot.

Schlupp is the most overrated player in the squad. He's disgracefully bad. He shouldn't even be getting a mention in a thread about one of the best players in the English game.

Football is a game of opinions but calling him 'disgracefully bad' makes little sense to me. He's unorthodox & can look very clumsy but he's always a threat & for a squad player you'll struggle to find better. He's versatile & does a good job when asked. Anyway back to being shot... 

9 minutes ago, midland_red said:

I agree - he might have felt he was being set up to fail

If he was all in and part of the team he'd respect the manager and put in a shift wherever he's asked. If he goes to Arsenal it's not going to work, we know when he's good he's on fire, but he can be pretty bad also, can't see Wenger putting up with that. If he is really 'distracted', I'd take £50m if re-invested in stadium expansion

32 minutes ago, midland_red said:

I think the club have proven they they can take tough decisions if necessary - ask NP.

What would I do if I were the owners? On the assumption (logged and stated here but absolutely not verified in the slightest - that there is no smoke without fire) -  I guess I would

1) sit down and understand what Riyad really wants.

2) If he wants money money - like parity with Vardy then he's earned it in spades. Astronomical wages are the price to be paid for sitting at the top table. So give it to him fairly and honourably and do not waste any further time

3) If, on the other hand, he really wants out, then he - and we - have both to be grown up about it. We can't hold him for ever, but given there is no release clause, we can drive a hard, but not unreasonable bargain, and both he and his agents need to swallow that

4) For example, we might say, Ok, you can have a new contract, not as much as Vardy's because Vardy has committed, but a substantial increase on what you're getting. But it would be biased towards achievements and performance, not appearances as he has to have an incentive to really play

5) we then insert a release clause activataeble after a year, at say £50m, and activateable only by non UK clubs,

6) make it clear that if none of these is acceptable no offers will be accepted and we will be prepared to live with an unhappy player - in the reserves if necessary

Very good post Midland,my point is that these decisions need thrashing out sooner rather than later. Not anti Mahrez or wanting him to go just mature and swift decision so we can plan accordingly or celebrate him staying!

Mahrez is a far better footballer than Lukaku. On a totally different level. I don't see Lukaku ever really becoming any better than what he is now. He's got no all-round game at all, good goalscorer but I'd want a lot more than that for that kind of money. 

6 hours ago, MPH said:

If Chelsea are going in with a £65m bid for  Lukaku, I fail too see how Mahrez would be LESS valuable than that...

Because Everton don't just let players leave if they fancy, they've showed with Stones you either pay up or forget it.

Guest Cujek

He should grow up a bit imo, if the sulking stories are true.

**** arsenal and senile cvnt winger and all the arsehole foreign "fans" calling for him to ditch leicester should **** Off as well

Archived