Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

And the queen mother has died - can't believe it Sean !

Haha, did this already get posted? It's hard to keep up with this thread :P

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

On the Sky Sports News app, it's got a piece on our owner saying he's told Mahrez he has to stay. Can't find a link but here's a screenshot.

image.png

Even then SkySports manage to represent us negatively, implying that he's remaining against his will. 

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but it definitely seems that since our title win, they more than anyone are desperate to see us implode.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Even then SkySports manage to represent us negatively, implying that he's remaining against his will. 

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but it definitely seems that since our title win, they more than anyone are desperate to see us implode.

Standard mate, everyone who said we wouldn't win the league last season is waiting with a semi, edging themselves ready for us to slide back down the table.

I'm fairly certain they'll all be disappointed and simply left standing with their cock in their hands though.

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

It's because financially it's a disaster for them. They get much more revenue from supporters of the big clubs than Little Old Leicester. 

11 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Standard mate, everyone who said we wouldn't win the league last season is waiting with a semi, edging themselves ready for us to slide back down the table.

I'm fairly certain they'll all be disappointed and simply left standing with their cock in their hands though.

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

It's because financially it's a disaster for them. They get much more revenue from supporters of the big clubs than Little Old Leicester. 

Both absolutely right, I just think they're missing the point and a massive opportunity. Without exception, everyone I speak to says our title win is the best thing to happen to the Premier League in a decade. I'm willing to bet that our CL group games will have TV audiences as big as any of the top clubs as neutrals will be interested in how we do. For many, many reasons I think this was a great opportunity for Sky to make some money but as you've both said, it messes with the natural order when you'd think the possibility of another team crashing that big 5 would be a welcome one.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Yep

They need Utd, Arsenal Chelsea and City to be duelling it out with Spurs & Liverpool coming heroically close, they enjoy a good upset from the likes of us, West Brom or Stoke, because it makes the narrative at the top of table better

They certainly loved our story last season, but ad revenues are nowhere near the same when it's us Vs Palace compared to Man Utd or even Liverpoool Vs Palace. They would love nothing more than we stay near the top and add to the theatre of it all, but they'll be praying that we narrowly miss out and return to 'plucky underdogs'

Given what CR was saying for the past two weeks, it would appear Mahrez had told them he was going to stay at some point. They planned their transfers around it. If his eyes started wandering later, I can see the owners putting the kibosh on the idea. This is especially true if they are seeking to sign some more players, who might be less willing to put pen to paper if it rumours are swirling that the team is leaking its stars.

2 hours ago, cc_star said:

Yep

They need Utd, Arsenal Chelsea and City to be duelling it out with Spurs & Liverpool coming heroically close, they enjoy a good upset from the likes of us, West Brom or Stoke, because it makes the narrative at the top of table better

They certainly loved our story last season, but ad revenues are nowhere near the same when it's us Vs Palace compared to Man Utd or even Liverpoool Vs Palace. They would love nothing more than we stay near the top and add to the theatre of it all, but they'll be praying that we narrowly miss out and return to 'plucky underdogs'

You're probably right mate, let's hope we can prove them wrong again. I'm pretty confident we can finish in the top 6.

I hope we get it, otherwise we'll never hear the end of it. Newspapers love lifting people up way beyond their expectations and knocking them down with equal gusto.

It's all in the interests of sales and presenting something that gets people reading and talking, of course, but that doesn't hide the hypocrisy.

Cos they're never much for pulling themselves down when they get it wrong - either in terms of their football predictions or their political analysis or anticipation.   . 

always dig our club twitter cos it's half shit but the constant subliminal trolling of arsenal an their fans over the summer has been incredible. here we go again. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

always dig our club twitter cos it's half shit but the constant subliminal trolling of arsenal an their fans over the summer has been incredible. here we go again. 

I've noticed this. The amount of pictures of Mahrez smiling over the last few weeks has been incredible. It's clever, and I have to say I like it as well. All this rubbish that he's unhappy, then they post a picture of him training smiling. They did the same when it was reported that Ulloa wanted to leave and unhappy. Good work, city's media department. Arse fans must be hating it.  

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

At the end there...

Does Stringer say "How many more players do you need"

Ranieri: "I don't tell you".

Stringer: "Do you need many?"

Ranieri: "A lot!"

Did I hear that right? I would have thought we're about there in terms of squad size.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

At the end there...

Did I hear that right? I would have thought we're about there in terms of squad size.

Sarcasm?

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

At the end there...

How comes you got a picture of Rocky Dennis as your Profile pic?

8 hours ago, shiv said:

You really are having a laugh.

The prem and sky got more exposure last season than ever before. Everybody wanted a slice of it because of us.

Archived