Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

7 hours ago, SportsNut1908 said:

Football is a game of opinions but calling him 'disgracefully bad' makes little sense to me. He's unorthodox & can look very clumsy but he's always a threat & for a squad player you'll struggle to find better. He's versatile & does a good job when asked. Anyway back to being shot... 

'Always a threat'

He always should be a threat but he's not. Last night he actually broke down our attacks on 5 or 6 occasions just by being too shit to control the ball or make a 5 yard pass.

One of the worst players in the Premier League, his ONLY asset is his pace and that's the only reason he's made it. He cannot fvcking kick a football properly. Tired of hearing the same blinkered nonsense from people who cannot see a shit player when it's staring them in the face. This is why England are so far behind a lot of other nations technically - because in our league we think players like Schlupp are good when they're athletes and not footballers.

We're talking about losing Mahrez here and you're talking about Schlupp? Deary me.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just a note that the market has settled evens to go and 8/11 staying

The whole situation needs settling down now St Albans fox, time for both parties to put an end to the speculation and this thread :) Riyad cannot say it's not been made clear he's wanted , nor can he accuse the club of lacking ambition/ action. 

Our new signings look to have strengthened and improved the squad with our attacking options looking particularly frightening! 

We need decisions and actions, if he's dithering no place on Sunday somebody who wants to play for us gets that!

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

'Always a threat'

He always should be a threat but he's not. Last night he actually broke down our attacks on 5 or 6 occasions just by being too shit to control the ball or make a 5 yard pass.

One of the worst players in the Premier League, his ONLY asset is his pace and that's the only reason he's made it. He cannot fvcking kick a football properly. Tired of hearing the same blinkered nonsense from people who cannot see a shit player when it's staring them in the face. This is why England are so far behind a lot of other nations technically - because in our league we think players like Schlupp are good when they're athletes and not footballers.

We're talking about losing Mahrez here and you're talking about Schlupp? Deary me.

Feel free to put me on mute. Your 'opinion' clearly is far more worthy than anything I have to contribute. Quite frankly if I wanted to be talked down to like a five year old child I'd find some Gooners to chat to. Enjoy the season. 

29 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

'Always a threat'

Way way OTT Kitch in MY opinion! 

Jeff has his flaws but I feel he did show more desire, commitment and produced much more than Riyad in last night's game ,including closing down stealing the ball and providing the assist for Musas second.I suggest you re watch the game and base your opinion on fact not emotion!

I think we ought to just sit back knowing the owners and management will finalize transfer business as they see fit. We are after all under their stewardship the premier league champions and the signs from last night mean the future will be bright.

lets sit back put our feet up and enjoy the ride. I've been supporting this club over 50 years and us older supporters know this is the ride of our life. Things my friends could be much much worse.

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

I think we ought to just sit back knowing the owners and management will finalize transfer business as they see fit. We are after all under their stewardship the premier league champions and the signs from last night mean the future will be bright.

lets sit back put our feet up and enjoy the ride. I've been supporting this club over 50 years and us older supporters know this is the ride of our life. Things my friends could be much much worse.

That pretty much covers it.

56 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

'Always a threat'

Spot on.

Look at Sterling. Pep has soon got the measure of that useless caaant and shipped in Sane.

Time and time again you see young english 'talent' with bags of pace and literally zero end product.

12 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Some of these fans could do with 3seasons of the curb crawler. They would so stop fvcking moaning then.

We've already lost one, but if Mahrez goes too, it really says a lot about the state of the game when the champions of England can't keep their best talent.

Fair enough Southampton getting poached every year when they finished 6-8th, but we've won the bloody thing.

His body language from what I've seen seems consistent with the sulking stories. Shame. I don't know if it's best to dig in, or get the best money we can...

On a positive note we looked bloody good last night when he wasn't playing

It's annoying if he is sulking, being offered £100k a week to stay for one more year with a club that loves him and to play in the champions league? Di dums you poor thing, you can go anywhere you like next season - maybe even Barca. This needs to end now, enoughs enough 

Watching the second half of last night's game I thought for the first time that we could do ok if he left. I'd rather he didn't, as he offers very special skills that few players could, but if he really doesn't want to stay, then the club should just concentrate on getting as much for him as possible, and move on.

Until we have achieved consistency over a number of seasons we will have to accept that some players will want to move on. Perhaps such players are getting too big for their boots, and we might be better off with young hungry players of the type that propelled us to this level.

Looking at that Facebook link makes me realise why I love Mahrez so much.

looks like he loves playing football so much.

regards the sulking, I doubt it has anything to do with Arsenal. He seems generally very relaxed about most things and is a young man with a family who is on a crazy preseason tour. Could be a whole host of reasons he is feeling grumpy!

I am sure Mahrez was hoping to make a good impression to his dream team but this was one of those unusual games where it just didn't happen - possibly due to the class or homework done by the opposition or the travelling.He will be down but I don't see why the Arsenal betting has changed yet again.We do need some closure  however Riyad please sign to put a stop to all this even if it is only for a year.

Some very good performances in the second half to focus on however Musa was absolutely superb and  the whole team worked so hard.

11 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

Napoli. Game ended 2-2 but Inter should have won. Only guy who spoke was Hernanes as he'd had about his only good game for Inter. Had an interview in English arranged but Vidic flew past in a rage lol 

Lol, I went to a few Inter games when vidic was there and he/they were beyond woeful.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol, I went to a few Inter games when vidic was there and he/they were beyond woeful.

Since 2011 it's all been horrible. I'm sick to the back teeth of sitting in airports after another awful result. At least Leicester make football life bearable :) 

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Tbf lukaku has done it over multiple seasons and is younger

Done what? He had a good half season last year but isn't worth more than Mahrez. Mahrez would get into a lot more teams across Europe than Lukaku would. They are completely different players.

To say Lukaku is worth £65million but Mahrez isn't is wrong, the reason Lukaku

is worth that is because Everton have said that's what they would sell him for. They are good negotiators, if we sell RM for less than £65million someone at LCFC should be sacked for such asset undervaluation

4 hours ago, brucey said:

https://facebook.com/Riyad.Mahrez.RM26.7/

this match obviously meant a lot to him, probably been dreaming of it for months since it was announced... then being played out of position and playing poorly... feel bad for him. hope Claudio knows what he's doing.

Claudio?  The man who has managed for years all around the world? the guy who won us the league? 

I think he knows what he's doing more than any of us ever will.

Archived