Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

It was probably 15 mill with add ons...

All he has to do is hand in a transfer request, add a couple more mill to make it 17  and its game on....

TBH he probably knows claudio better than he knows his own new fookin manager... or the next one..and the one after that...etc

People not too happy about us bidding 15m  ish (without add ons) for an english striker, who's played in the english league, scored in the premiership, would most likely suit our play, works hard and is a good leader.

But they'd be quite happy paying 23m for Slimani or Musa just because they've scored double figures in a tin pot league and played in the group stage of the champions league before their sub-par side gets knocked out. 

I think people get excited about fancy names :rolleyes:

Deeney, like pretty much any other serious professional footballer playing for a club outside of the top 6, would jump at the chance to play for a Champions League club.  I'm certain that he would not think he would ever seriously be able to play Champions League for the Champions of England.

I would like to think that we went in with 15m in the knowledge that our first attempt would be knocked back.  20m for a proven PL goal scorer is about right I would say.

We need 5 recognised strikers in our squad next season for CL and a good domestic cup run.  Deeney plus one other without anyone leaving would be good.

People not too happy about us bidding 15m  ish (without add ons) for an english striker, who's played in the english league, scored in the premiership, would most likely suit our play, works hard and is a good leader.

But they'd be quite happy paying 23m for Slimani or Musa just because they've scored double figures in a tin pot league and played in the group stage of the champions league before their sub-par side gets knocked out. 

This

Deeney>Musa or Slimani

Having been linked to Deeney for some time now, I've always seen him as a Nugent replacement someone to play along side Vardy and compete with Okazaki for a spot in the starting XI. The transfer figure seem crazy steep though, I'd be thinking £10m.

Can't see a lot wrong with £15m in the whacko world of today's transfer market. Solid squad member in every way. Sounds clued up tactically judging by his analysis of us, which was the best I've read, which suggests he should adapt quickly and fit in with the chemistry of the team.   

Musa can play across the entire front three so offers alternatives and Slimani might the key to making sure Mahrez doesn't leave. Not seeing the benefits of these is a little close-minded. Whoever Walsh eventually brings in I'll support, but Deeney is overpriced for what he offers.

People saying no more than £15m for Deeney lol still living in 2014. He's English, Prem experience, scores goals, can actually take penalties confidently. Perfect fit for us but will come at a premium.

For me, he comes with least risk, but should still be high reward.

So far best argument for buying Slimani is that he may(!) convince Mahrez to stay 

ffs :D

Oh sorry you 'd read the thread called Slimani if you want reasons..there's loads. I offered one of those reasons. Y'know the player that performed out of his skin, and was our second highest scorer despite not being a striker.

To be fair even if we sign Slimani, it will only take a big club like Barca or Real to come in for Mahrez, offer 150k & he'll be off

Fooking hell I know our release clauses are low. But 150k lol

Very expensive, but I think he'd be a great addition. Our success is built on our team, and the culture within. Deeney would fit right in with what we are about and give us a different option up front. Obviously if we end up losing Vardy and gaining Deeney that would be a downgrade but I think this is smart business. Proven Premier League, committed to the cause and genuine.

I see Deeney as a forward rather than a striker, I've said it from last summer that a Deeney/Vardy partnership would be balanced and unstoppable. Shinji just doesn't cut it I don't think and most of Vardy's supply came from Mahrez or Drinkwater. I would have no problem with them paying 20m for a hungry player that totally fits the Leicester mould. 

Archived