Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

Wish some of you would stop this Kante rubbish...Yes he was incredible for us last season but he didn't,t look great in the Euros apart from opening match and he didn't,stop Chelsea getting thumped last night....He could turn out to be a one season wonder like many before him....on another day we would have scored at least twice

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Is this thread some mass trolling exercise? It's a preseason friendly against one of the best sides in the world, who jus and beat Real Madrid by a similar score. The result here is practically irrelevant - it's about establishing what our new cm will be, integrating musa and Hernandez, and getting fitness back up. The sky is not falling.

I agree. When we get back to competitive games and playing our strongest 11 im sure we will be competing much better....

Just now, irishfoxkev said:

Wish some of you would stop this Kante rubbish...Yes he was incredible for us last season but he didn't,t look great in the Euros apart from opening match and he didn't,stop Chelsea getting thumped last night....He could turn out to be a one season wonder like many before him....on another day we would have scored at least twice

I don't think he played last night

Guest MattP

Good points: We are creating chances against one of the best teams in the World, we might have found out in friendlies already two in CM will be a struggle against quality sides, Demarai Gray looks better every time we see him.

Bad points: It does look like we've lost two players with Kante, we look extremely unfit for a team two games off the season, defending.

25 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

i truly believe that even though Ranieri will start with what is familiar our ability to play a 4-4-2 effectively without Kante is quite low. He was so essential to the transition between offense and defense and vice versa. His ability to beat people and lay off a pass after an interception; how quickly he got back after we turned it over. From my perspective it is inevitable; i just hope we adapt in time.

I thought we'd have seen a bit more of it by now to be honest but I can see what you're saying. I can see it coming unstuck though if we aren't careful. Kante was the secret weapon behind it.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

lollollol

Bloody hell i'm glad I will be going to most games next season and not having to come on here and read the match threads. The amount of doom merchants we have in here is unbelievable. 

Hopefully the succsess from last season hasn't gone too to many people's head and just expect us to turn up and win 3-0 every week. 

You got to remember people got up early for this, so I'm presuming a lot of people are cranky.

Personally I am cranky and don't like the fact we're losing 3 nil no matter what game. Hopefully this encourages us, and encourages the club to make some signings.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We've lost half our team in Kanté this summer. Anything better than 10th will be a major improvement with this squad. It's going to be a reality check for all of those who want us to compete with the big boys in the league this coming season.

Let's wait to see the impact Mendy has before we resign to fear. Kante is a big loss, but his first few games in a Leicester shirt looked nowhere near up to the standards he later showed. I don't think anyone is expecting CL glory, I also don't think this is a true reflection of how we will do in Europe. You can guarantee we won't be the whipping boys. All that matters is how prepared we are for August 13th and we move forward from there.

Still two weeks of training to go, we have only been back what 3 weeks? I have full faith in our back room staff to get them up to fitness. Great experience for the squad and some decent chances created 

One things for sure PSG have some class young players!! 

Archived