Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

I knew I'd come on here to see some over the top comments on a pre season game, but I didn't expect to see new players being written off after two halves of football... it's only our third game and we have new blood to try and gel plus Vardy hasn't kicked a ball who is vital to our style of play. Chill the f*** out!

A lot of comments about Musa when he signed were along the lines of he's brilliant or frustrating as hell. 

You don't pick up continually brilliant recognised international players for what we paid. We need to work with him a bit.

Let's get Vardy in there and see where we go.

As for Musa he doesn't look like an out and out striker, like some1 said earlier he looks like the kind of player made for the wide role in a 433, which like the person said would probably suit mendy as wel sitting deep in the midfield 3, hopefully the don experiments with it on Wednesday 

Hang on... people are acutally getting worried? lollol

We've been beaten by a side that's made the latter stages of the Champions League multiple times in recent seasons, have spent millions and won their league (a top 5 league) by about 30 points.

PSG have a special team. They took Madrid apart the other day.

This was more of a learning curve than anything, what we can expect to see when we come up against top teams in Europe. Claudio has been in the game long enough to know what to do next, it looks like Kapuska is coming in so there's a slightly different option for us, and I'm sure we will attempt to bring in another CM. What is clear is we can't play 4-4-2 against teams of PSG's quality, last season we got away with it due to the failings of the big boys, however this does not mean we're just one season wonders...it means we just need to adapt slightly, possibly change the shape...it needn't have an impact on our style, but we need to think of something else to avoid getting overrun in midfield, because this is what will happen.

There's no question that the top half of the PL was horribly short last season, however this doesn't mean we weren't worthy champions, we will get it right. The only concern is the £16 odd million we spent on Musa, and is it actually money well spent.....

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:
3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hang on... people are acutally getting worried? lollol

We've been beaten by a side that's made the latter stages of the Champions League multiple times in recent seasons, have spent millions and won their league (a top 5 league) by about 30 points.

PSG have a special team. They took Madrid apart the other day.

Well it was an embarrassment, getting beat by that scoreline to any team isn't good enough ... 

We do need a few additions though..A new forward, attacking mid and centre half a minimum .We need to take advantage while we're in the champions league and get some quality in. 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I didn't say it was good enough.

But how is it an embarrassment? It's a friendly.

I'm pretty sure Hull beat Liverpool 3-0 in a pre season friendly before Liverpool finished second a few years ago.

It's 100% about fitness.

Meh, pleased i got up, plenty of individual player positives, if we were switched on it probably would have been a 2-0 loss, a goal just before half time and right at the end made it a little harsh.

I'm more proud of the fact that's the first time in 6 years we've lost by more than a 3 goal margin..... 

I'm worried, especially given we seem to not be spending... this is an opportunity to buy in some serious talent and for me we aren't taking that. So it is a missed chance given what we have achieved. It isn't like we need to be careful on what we spend now.

To be honest did any of us expect that scoreline ?  They outplayed us in every department and still looked like they could step up a gear if they wanted to. That is the level we now find ourselves up against in the champions league . If nothing else it told us we are not good enough to compete with the players we have . For me Both Mendy and Mussa look nothing like the price tag we paid for them , they improved the side not one iota . All in all it was a very nasty reality check  I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

To be honest did any of us expect that scoreline ?  They outplayed us in every department and still looked like they could step up a gear if they wanted to. That is the level we now find ourselves up against in the champions league . If nothing else it told us we are not good enough to compete with the players we have . For me Both Mendy and Mussa look nothing like the price tag we paid for them , they improved the side not one iota . All in all it was a very nasty reality check  I'm afraid.

I couldn't agree more... 

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

lol. And with that, i'm not returning to this thread.

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Right, I'm gonna try this once again, see if it'll get through.

IT. WAS. A. FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!

I agree I don't think it's any reason to panic.  They've just beaten Madrid and Inter 3-1.  It's good experience.  It's a friendly but we need to accept they are better than us.  Having said that you could easily see PSG in the last four of the Champions League beating any British side by at least three, (especially Arsenal). 

My three concerns are 1) The lack of game time for Vardy ahead of the season; 2) The dent to confidence we might get from a further defeat against Barcelona, especially if it's heavy.  We don't want players thinking they are out of their depth.  I think being in this tournament is useful experience, but there's something to be said for banging a few in against a League Two side; 3) Mahrez being given a reason to think that's the level I need to be at, not trying to chase that level.  A couple of friendlies against regular Champions League sides but not the really big boys might have been better all round.

Let's hope we lift it against Barcelona and get a real positive with Vardy getting 90 minutes under his belt. 

Edit - I'm assuming Vardy played in the first half.  I only saw the second - couldn't wake up.

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I'm worried, especially given we seem to not be spending... this is an opportunity to buy in some serious talent and for me we aren't taking that. So it is a missed chance given what we have achieved. It isn't like we need to be careful on what we spend now.

You sound like an Arsenal fan.

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

You've just reminded me what a good album this is. Thanks

aerosmith_-_get_a_trip.jpg

Let's not over react but it seems that this trip to LA was equally about raising the LCFC brand profile as it was to improve match sharpness. IMO we needed another match midweek. A full week without a game is too long at this stage of pre-season and it showed. 

I think we'd benefit from bringing in a more mobile target man, we can't continuously rely on pace over the top, good teams quickly suss it out. A young Heskey type would be great, can take it with back to goal but equally effective over the top.

Shinji and Leo can show glimpses but it's nowhere near consistent enough.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

You sound like an Arsenal fan.

lol well I'm not about just coming mid-table why should I be? we have done something special and our prestige has heighted because of it, why miss the opportunity to add to that especially with the money coming in. 

Archived