Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

25 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

We wont play 4-4-2 anymore, its almost a certainty. Perhaps not a first but eventually.

Would you really call it a "certainty" when we're playing it right now? It's a week until we kick off.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Would you really call it a "certainty" when we're playing it right now? It's a week until we kick off.

i truly believe that even though Ranieri will start with what is familiar our ability to play a 4-4-2 effectively without Kante is quite low. He was so essential to the transition between offense and defense and vice versa. His ability to beat people and lay off a pass after an interception; how quickly he got back after we turned it over. From my perspective it is inevitable; i just hope we adapt in time.

4 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Live from the stadium: we look a shitbird

We do look better in the second half, though. That much I can tell.

But whether that is down to us playing Drinkwater in the middle and bringing some fresh legs on early or whether it is because PSG's players are starting to get a bit tired is up for interpretation.

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I looked at every clubs pre season and we are playing the least warm up games, its worrying as our team is based on fitness 

Taking into account we are travelling this preseason as well. The sport science team said the rationale for the last few seasons has been as little travelling as possible as to not disrupt sleep and regular lifestyle.

Majority of the fitness comes in training, matches  purpose is to bring about our sharpness. With the level of fitness we had last season, I can imagine the off-season was focused around maintaining fitness as much as possible leaving as little work to do when we get back to it. We've not got the kind of squad where a few would rock up back to training overweight, see Man City.

Archived