Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oooh, one thing I will say after seeing Musa playing bit parts of games, he doesn't look too convincing (I'll give him time, and competative matches before making proper judgement) but more of a concern I don't see the claims that he is "as fast, or faster" than Vardy.

He may be faster than Vardy but if you can't beat a player or even kick a ball correctly then you get problems.

Thank God Vardy stayed

Just now, eunmac said:

Is there some rule that Gray and Mahrez are not allowed on the pitch at the same time?

Push Mahrez in just behind fwd. 4-4-1-1

He's not great in that position though, we saw that a couple times last season.

I agree would be exciting to see both on the pitch at the same time. Gray really does give us something else when Mahrez isn't working, i'm really excited about Gray, looks great!

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Caught the second half. That was as close to the first team as possible. Long time since we've had a thrashing like that. No need to panic, it's only a friendly but I can't see anything in Musa yet.

Jury certainly out, his touch and composure is appalling at times, hopefully it's just pre season rust.

When the commentator actually said "he has a reputation for missing easy chances" I sort of thought wtf, he's a 20 million striker.

Got up as well as recording it, can use the recording to bring me down if I'm having too good a time :huh: I thought we were dire, no defence to speak off, Wes looked knackered at the start of the 2nd half. I couldn't see too many positives to take from this, other than Gray. No ball winners, Shinji still wants to play on his ar$e more than his feet, jury is out on Mendy. We were poor in defence and really need to improve a lot before taking on the hell of a banana skin game at the mshighty Hull.

Without Kunte there's nothing making us tick, still need to buy a general.

5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Remember when we last played a French team in pre-season & lost quite heavily? I remember people back then saying it was a waste of time playing opposition like that. 

We ended up winning the league that season...

We lost against Monaco with a team vastly inferior to this one, only a few people are saying it's a waste of time playing PSG in Los Angeles and we're not going to win the league this coming season.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Jury certainly out, his touch and composure is appalling at times, hopefully it's just pre season rust.

When the commentator actually said "he has a reputation for missing easy chances" I sort of thought wtf, he's a 20 million striker.

By logic, that means he'll put all the complicated shots away with ease. :D

Although today's open goal miss was rather entertaining.

My biggest fear going into this and the barca game were heavy defeats. Hopefully players can keep positive and not start doubting themselves ahead of the season. 

PSG are a very good side. We are a different side with Vardy in it but not having Kante is going to be huge. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Stones has a reputation for being crap at defending.  He's worth £50m

I get your point though.  It's been difficult to see his value so far.  Against Celtic he wasn't involved much & seemed to throw his arms about a lot like a spoilt teenager.  He lacked composure today.  Hopefully he will have a decent game soon, bag a goal & calm down a bit.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

By logic, that means he'll put all the complicated shots away with ease. :D

Although today's open goal miss was rather entertaining.

Bloody wasn't if you backed City to score the next goal :P

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why do I get the impression that breaking a transfer record on Nigerian forwards is going to be another of those things we as a club need to avoid like letting Frenchmen taking penalties for us in crucial games?

I've not been particularly impressed either. Fantastic pace but not a great deal else yet. Don't think he's really had much in terms of service yet though.

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is a friendly but honestly that is not f***ing good enough, just gives all the elite fans fuel to say we our just one season wonders. That was total crap and we were embarrassed 

Thankfully they're the more idiotic fans who probably said the same thing about Harry Kane as well. I've no desire to ever win their approval as they're generally agenda-driven cretins.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We haven't spent anything, and of we want to do something in the CL we need to start coming out this small club mentality and bloody spending. Winning the league has put us in a  situation where if we use the money we can get some big players in

Yep. I think we need to invest in a quality striker and an attacking midfielder. No need to panic, we're still a good team, but we definitely need to beef up a little to build on the club's momentum.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Thankfully they're the more idiotic fans who probably said the same thing about Harry Kane as well. I've no desire to ever win their approval as they're generally agenda-driven cretins.

This is a opportunity to step up, we won the league but our net spend is near zero, we have to build and let's use this opportunity to get some serious players in. Every other team is spending massively now 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We haven't spent anything, and of we want to do something in the CL we need to start coming out this small club mentality and bloody spending. Winning the league has put us in a  situation wher if we use the money we can get some big players in

Agree. However, some romantics would tell you last season can be reproduced with just love and fresh air 

Thought Chilwell looked tidy and was pretty impressed with what I seen from Amartey (bar the pen) I thought he played well would rather have seen him alongside dd rather than leaving mendy on, looking forward to seeing zieler play 90 mins on Wednesday not that Kasper could have done much about the goals but his distribution was a sham today

35 minutes ago, KFS said:

Trying to remain composed and unfazed here, but why the fvck have we agreed to travel so far this pre-season to countries massively different to ours in both heat and time difference?  It's showing.

Oh and P.S.G hasn't traveled then ?  Our class compared to theirs is what's showing.

Archived