Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

My worry is that we're not playing enough games in this pre season. Yea it's nice to take part in something like this but we haven't got the same class of players as PSG who won't really need much of pre season other than fitness. I'm worried we might be slightly under prepared this season? 

Another wuzz..

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Some of the comments on here lol

Its a friendly ffs. It's about fitness, it's about preparation. It's about ironing out mistakes that we'd rather not make in a couple of weeks time. It's about trying out different combinations that probably won't be our competitive starting line up, like Mendy and Amartey together. It's about getting the likes of Hernandez and Mendy used to playing in our extremely settled line up.

This is not sign we're going to struggle this season in the CL.

I agree, means very little and the performance at times has been very good.

It should be a very fast lesson though in the quality we will have face in the knockouts and the fact you simply can't give "free goals" away like Amartey did.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah absolutely, fantastic experience and great to see our fans and new fans from the other side of the world.

think a few of you need to get off the high horse now last season is done and dusted and we need to have a little perspective 

always worth getting up for the foxes, we've seen much worse than being beaten in a friendly by a top class side

I think we've been OK, but just a yard or so off the pace compared to PSG, who do look fitter.

I've no problem with them having more of the ball as I know we're capable of defending it, ordinarily. The penalty was the result of a lazy challenge by Amartey who has actually looked good since then. Mendy's first-time passing and reading of the game has been good too.

Chilwell looks good and probably wasn't at fault for their second. He was just unfortunate that his attempted block fell into the path of their forward. He needs to communicate with Schmeichel though, and listen for when it's the keeper's ball. It's not as if Kasper's a shy lad.

Ulloa has been OK as has Okazaki, but they haven't been amazing. We need to make Hernandez's throw more of a weapon. We're not attacking it enough.

Schlupp has been his usual direct self and caused the odd problem. With no Vardy or Musa I'd have thought he'd be our outlet but he hasn't really been in the game enough.

Mahrez hasn't been involved enough either and apart from one good corner and a decent free kick his delivery at set pieces has been poor.

I'd like to see Musa and Gray on this half and see if we can put PSG on the back foot and put their defence under pressure on the break.

We're only playing 5 first team regulars, a centre midfield pairing that haven't played together, our star striker not playing and our best midfielder on the bench. 

PSG have smashed Inter Milan & Real Madrid over the last 10 days and you've got people on here making out its the worse perfomance in the world. 

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Some of the comments on here lol

Its a friendly ffs. It's about fitness, it's about preparation. It's about ironing out mistakes that we'd rather not make in a couple of weeks time. It's about trying out different combinations that probably won't be our competitive starting line up, like Mendy and Amartey together. It's about getting the likes of Hernandez and Mendy used to playing in our extremely settled line up.

This is not sign we're going to struggle this season in the CL.

Just to add, anyone who really thinks it matters, we now have pace up front, our first choice back five, Drinkwater and Albrighton on. So let's see how we get on this half.

Archived