Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Gabriel Barbosa

So which one is actually the main target, Barbosa, Perez or Luan? And obviously they're different styles of player so could we get more than one of them? And what could it mean for Okazaki, Mahrez, Kapustka, or Schlupp? My head hurts from all these rumours.

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

So which one is actually the main target, Barbosa, Perez or Luan? And obviously they're different styles of player so could we get more than one of them? And what could it mean for Okazaki, Mahrez, Kapustka, or Schlupp? My head hurts from all these rumours.

I think the Luan rumour has died....

12 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It's our usual scattergun approach.

Target eight different players at once then sign the ninth.

It'll turn out we've gone back for Aboubakar or something out of nowhere the day before the deadline.

I don't like this 'I'll get to it after the tournament' attitude. You either want to join or you don't. I'd imagine most football contacts are fairly standard.

X per week (before/after tax)

X bonuses (scoring, assist, clean sheet, appearance, promotion)

X signing on fee

Big club release clause

% for agent (club/player to pay)

Housing (club/player responsible, x months settling in) 

Transport (club/player responsible, x months settling in)

Unless they are arguing about having blue M&Ms and their own dressing room, I don't see what the issue would be.

Plus the agent probably deals with it most of the time.

I imagine it is something like this:

Agent:

Where do you want to go mate? Inter, Juve, Barca, Chelsea, or Leicester? Leicester are the only ones to put an offer. 

Barbosa: Hmmm not Leicester, let's make up a reason why I haven't decided yet and wait for the others to bid.

Agent: Fair play. We'll tell them we don't want to distract you from the tournament. Even though I'll handle everything for you.

Barbosa: Cheers. Glad I pay you x% of my weekly salary so I can play FM all afternoon after the morning training sessions.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's not much of a winger but I still think we'd only get him if we got the cash from selling Mahrez.

I think we've already replaced Mahrez with Gray and Kapustka.

Our net spend isn't much this year so I would be shocked if that was the case. Regardless of any mahrez sale if we wanted him we have the money to spend. 

7 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Our net spend isn't much this year so I would be shocked if that was the case. Regardless of any mahrez sale if we wanted him we have the money to spend. 

This I'm sure so far our net spend is only a couple of million so I don't imagine we'll be needing to sell before we buy

Just now, dbtcity said:

This I'm sure so far our net spend is only a couple of million so I don't imagine we'll be needing to sell before we buy

If you can be bothered, I'd be interested to see a breakdown of this...... I'm not certain how to calculate this in relation to FFP and increased wages and stuff.

why can we only sign top class flair sort of players if Mahrez leaves.. dont get it when people say that?

We need more than 1 player like else mahrez we just keep getting marked out the game like last sunday. As hes are only threat.

and before anyone says i dont consider musa or vardy on the same level of ability and threat that mahrez can do out of knowhere. 

17 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

AGREE!!!!

Net spend is hardly anything this year because of Kante  plus premier league money.

I'd be very surprised if we pulled this off. We are champions of England but still not classed as a 'big' team by players. I also think Santos would want more than £23million. Look what they ended up getting for Neymar.

It'd be amazing if we pull it off though, I remember the days of being annoyed we failed to sign Cameron Stewart

I do find this hard to believe, however like many have said, this could be an Ulloa replacement.

I personally think we do need to hang on to Leo. He offers something different and has a more than respectable goal return for us. He's also proven, on more than one occasion, he can step up if needed. 

We should IMO be looking to centre mids for signings as we look a tad top heavy in terms of players in attacking positions.

I have a feeling this is all agent talk similar to Luan.

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

why can we only sign top class flair sort of players if Mahrez leaves.. dont get it when people say that?

We need more than 1 player like else mahrez we just keep getting marked out the game like last sunday. As hes are only threat.

and before anyone says i dont consider musa or vardy on the same level of ability and threat that mahrez can do out of knowhere. 

I'm not saying that - from what I've seen of him on video I thought he played on the wing/right side of a three and that we had enough wingers, so made the assumption that he would be needed if we were to sell RM.

Of course we can sign more flair players, I just thought we'd do so in the needed positions where we look at the moment to be lacking in.

If he's an out and out forward, fair enough.

26 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I do find this hard to believe, however like many have said, this could be an Ulloa replacement.

I personally think we do need to hang on to Leo. He offers something different and has a more than respectable goal return for us. He's also proven, on more than one occasion, he can step up if needed. 

We should IMO be looking to centre mids for signings as we look a tad top heavy in terms of players in attacking positions.

I have a feeling this is all agent talk similar to Luan.

I am sure it is agent talk, and I agree we need a really good quality CM. However, I am pretty sure they are looking at a lot of players, and can handle more than one transfer at once, so looking at this guy (if we are) doesn't mean we are not looking at a top quality CM.

Archived