Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Gabriel Barbosa

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They're really not very alike.

Santos have lumped him out wide because he's a kid and he's learning, which is odd to me, but he's really set up to be a striker.

The Neymar comparisons are in reputation only, as a player he's a stocky little forward like a Tevez.

He's not going to dance through eight players and do a rabona over the keeper, he's more of just a steady finisher.

As a caveat, I've watched the Brazilian serie a a few times since I've had my sports package and it must be said its pretty ****ing dreadful. It's like watching League One in big crumbling stadiums half full of nutters.

Worse than the Portuguese league imo.

1. - @BlogdoPerrone says that agents who are not connected to Gabigol have informed Santos they're trying to take the player to Leicester City.ke

More

An official proposal from Leicester for Gabigol is expected to arrive. The two offers currently on the table are from Juventus and Inter.

A trusted source imo

5 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Inter are going all-in on him

I imagine they'll get him, they're owned by the team that are paying cripples 300k a week to play in China so imagine he'll get similar offer. 

8 minutes ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

Santos is in no hurry to resolve the situation because Gabriel striker expects a proposal from England. Entrepreneurs who are not connected to the attacker warned the club that are trying to put the player in English football. There is the expectation that the Leicester submit an official proposal.

In this scenario, Modesto Junior Roma, Santos president, do not press Gabigol responding to accept one of the two Italian proposals made by Inter Milan and Juventus of Turin. The delay gives more time to get any English offer. As the attacker does not show haste, the Santos assessment is that it also waits for something of the English.

The situation of Santos is comfortable because the two clubs who officiated interest in Gabigol have reached numbers that appeal to the board as long as the athleteaccepted leaving EUR 18 million in alvinegros safes . Inter offered 25 million euros for 100% of the player 's economic rights, and Juventus made an offer of 20 million.

Santos and Gabriel have a share of 40% each. But alvinegro is only contractually bound to close the deal if it is 18 million. The club still fight in court for another 20% belonging to Doyen Sports.

These unconnected agents doing dodgy deals rarely come off. It was the same with the Chilean fella, his actual agent had nothing to do with us. He was doing the deal with Bayer and that was it. We had all sorts of middle men trying to get involved.

Wouldn't be surprised is that Anderson Perry fella had sod all to do with the club and was just trying to set up deals and offer them to us.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Oh ffs I'm getting excited :(

This has got Aranguiz written all over it. The money men want us as we pay more than the Italians but the player probably wants the bigger name club. Anyway hopefully I'm wrong but can see this going the same way.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's times like these I'm annoyed that I don't take any interest at all in football outside the UK! Litteraly have no idea who this chap is, should I be excited? 

It doesn't say much but if he was English he'd be at Man United on 300k a week by now. He's the real deal.

Just now, AKCJ said:

It doesn't say much but if he was English he'd be at Man United on 300k a week by now. He's the real deal.

I've never seen him play but 19 year olds who have been linked with Barcelona & Real Madrid for big money are always welcome at Leicester City as far as I'm concerned.

If we are able to develop Vardy from his early days to what he is now, this would be a no-brainer - though he should be given time to adapt to a different climate and not expected to make an immediate impact.

Doesn't look anything special - looks ok but not particularly skillful and his technique isn't overly impressive. Admittedly this is only from the videos available online but I don't see anything there that is deserved of some of the reaction on here unless we've moved into the market of spending £20M+ on potential. Actually no wait - he's a 19 year old Brazilian linked with a few top Italian clubs - sign him up!

Archived