Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Gabriel Barbosa

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Juve? Fair mustard. They've certainly got a lot of wonga to reinvest.

Lad picks Inter? Needs his head checking. They're pump.

I'd definitely agree with that, was going to post the same. Genuinely think we're a better bet than Inter right now. Yes they're historically a bigger club with recent investment but as it stands, we are a much more stable club, we're in Europe's top competition and have a much better structure. Not mention better players, manager and probably owners.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/698251/Gabriel-Barbosa-Transfer-News-Leicester-Chelsea-Gossip-Santos-President-Talks-London

LEICESTER have reportedly lined up a meeting with Santos for Brazilian forward Gabriel Barbosa, according to reports.

Barbosa impressed last season and earned a call up to the Brazil squad for the Copa America and Rio Olympics.

Chelsea and Inter Milan have both been linked with the 19-year-old and Barbosa’s agent Wagner Ribeiro confirmed last week three offers have been made for the winger.

"Inter have made an official offer of €25m [£21m] for the complete economic and sporting rights of Gabigol,” Ribeiro said.

“For now we want to leave Gabriel in peace. Inter’s is the third official offer that Santos have received for Gabigol.”

However, Brazilian website Goal claim Leicester are now in for Barbosa and Santos president Modesto Roma is currently in London to discuss a deal.

The Premier League champions have been linked with a move for Barbosa for a few days in the Brazilian press but now their interest is said to have picked up.

Newspaper Globo Esporte say the winger’s preferred destination is the Premier League but Santos will look to hang onto him until January.

It is said the Brazilian club will propose a deal similar to Palmeriras’ agreement with Manchester City for Gabriel Jesus, allowing them to delay the arrival of Barbosa.

7 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

4 Years time What a backbone,

Zeiler, Hernandez, Moore,  Gray, Kapustka, Mendy, Barboza, Musa.

I would take Moore out of that and Zieler is only 2 years younger than Kasper. But yeh it does look bright for the future.

It says his main position is right wing on transfermarkt.  Although it does say he can play anywhere across the front line.

Says on wiki he is dubbed the new Neymar by the media?  Something tells me this one wont happen.  Call it a hunch, but I admire us for trying (if we are).  

His best position would be up top with Vardy. He links play fantastically well & is a very cool finisher. It's only the sensational season which is being had by Gabriel Jesus that has seen this lad play second fiddle. I think in a 4-3-3 he could play RW but I don't see him as a Mahrez replacement. 

He'd be a potentially HUGE upgrade to Ulloa or Okazaki if we stuck to the 4-4-2. Don't sleep on Inter either, they have huge investment coming from China. They've just hired Frank de Boer & he's vowed to develop young players.

Imo this would be the most impressive transfer I've seen Leicester make. 

If we were after him it could be to play behind Vardy with maybe Musa on the wing?

Does anyone know much about him?

What is his work rate like?  Is he a decent character that would fit into our team ethic?

Okazaki works hard but so far hasn't been clinical enough.  Ideally we need someone who works hard and is more clinical.  

I know they don't grow on trees but I did say ideally.  Could this be that guy?

Archived