Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As i said earlier from a spuds itk wages at spud are not huge Lloris on 90k Eriksen is only on 35k and wants 150k. Oh and Lloris is about 20k in front of anyone else. That's if like our club you believe the itk's

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club/

This has them well over double what ours was last season. If that's accurate anyway.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Good idea lets piss him off I'm sure we will get the best out of him then.

Why is paying him what he contractually agreed "pissing him off"?

If he doesn't play well then he will be dropped and no-one is going to want him anywhere. Maybe he'll just buckle down, do his job and then get a wage rise.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

If he doesn't play well then he will be dropped and no-one is going to want him anywhere. Maybe he'll just buckle down, do his job and then get a wage rise.

He contractually agreed a salary based on performances at the bottom end of the table. Those performances improved dramatically last season, along with an England call up, so it is more than fair that he would expect an wage increase. 

Do you think Payet would have been happy staying at West Ham on his first salary there? No, he got rewarded for his performances.

Offer our goalkeeper, a departed midfielder, our forward, and a winger £100k per week, but offer Drinkwater 20% less?

Yes, no wonder he turned it down - You don't give yourself much room to manoeuvre when other deals are out in public like they are and the fact there's quite a few of them would lead others as prominent as Drinkwater is worth the same

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

Put yourself in the real world....your doing your job as an integral part of a management team and you help your business to grow exponentially to be the leading provider in the UK.....your Salary value would rocket and then you find out your fellow managers/directors have all had 100% pay rises but you have been offered a smaller one..........now I defy you to tell me you would not be fed up and look for a new job.....

Footballers get paid ridiculously unjustifiable salaries but that is the market and if your valuable which Drinky is then he will be in demand.......head will be turned and feel undervalued....lets get him sorted because he is pretty much the engine room of our team and will only get better!

13 minutes ago, Viva said:

He contractually agreed a salary based on performances at the bottom end of the table. Those performances improved dramatically last season, along with an England call up, so it is more than fair that he would expect an wage increase. 

Do you think Payet would have been happy staying at West Ham on his first salary there? No, he got rewarded for his performances.

He has been offered a very respectable increase £80K a week. I can understand that he'd be surprised that Players like Kasper are being offered more but I'd be surprised if any other team offers him more than £80K a week. I'm positive that Spurs won't. They are not paying that sort of wages and are probably not even interested in him.

He won't leave, he just obviously feels as though he deserves to be earning as much as our other top players.

I can't blame him, to be honest. If it was just Vardy and Mahrez earning more than him, he'd probably say 'fair enough' and take the £80k- why on earth did we offer Kasper £100k?! That's the one which has set the precedent. 

6 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Put yourself in the real world....your doing your job as an integral part of a management team and you help your business to grow exponentially to be the leading provider in the UK.....your Salary value would rocket and then you find out your fellow managers/directors have all had 100% pay rises but you have been offered a smaller one..........now I defy you to tell me you would not be fed up and look for a new job.....

Footballers get paid ridiculously unjustifiable salaries but that is the market and if your valuable which Drinky is then he will be in demand.......head will be turned and feel undervalued....lets get him sorted because he is pretty much the engine room of our team and will only get better!

Actually I'd ask for a new increased salary but I'd understand that contractually I'm bound by what I have  - and what I was happy with only a few weeks ago. If my team goes back to the relegation fight I won't agree to go down to £20K per week - would you?

I personally think Drinky is worth more than Kasper and Vardy but I would never have agreed to pay them £100K. I'd happily have shown Kasper the door.

I remember an article the day after we won the title, which was along the lines of 'what happens next for Leicester?' I paid little attention to it because I was too busy with the fact that we'd won the title.

If I recall correctly, the first point was that Leicester needed to have new contracts on the table for all of their regulars immediately. The suggestion was that this might cost us 50-60m over the next few years, but it would be better to spend our newfound wealth on this rather than a deficit in transfer dealings. I'm not sure any of this is right, but that was the view they took.

The writer argued that contractual issues needed resolving before August if we wanted to progress, because all of these lower-end PL players were now league-winning PL players and would expect league-winning PL salaries. The unrest caused by some getting a better deal and not others would cost us, and the cost of keeping players would rise the longer we went without wrapping up new deals.

We don't yet have a deficit in transfer dealings, of course, and I don't know whether we had to pay Vardy and Schmeichel more for not having that deal ready in May. But if, as Drinkwater claimed, we hadn't offered him anything until a week or two ago - but we had offered other key players something - then we were surely asking for trouble.

I believe Ranieri will sort things out on the pitch, in time, but this side of business feels like it was done in a slapdash sort of way.

Vardy & Mahrez are the only two players we could justify giving six figures and I think even that's pushing it. Give it to anyone else and we've made a rod for our own back.

It's a very tough scenario to manage really.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Vardy & Mahrez are the only two players we could justify giving six figures and I think even that's pushing it. Give it to anyone else and we've made a rod for our own back.

It's a very tough scenario to manage really.

Vardy isn't really worth £100k a week. I understand why we gave it to him but that should have been backed up with a refusal to sell any of our core players.

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Been a bit worried about this with Danny tbh, it's not the first time he's thrown his toys out the pram due to wages

Most people do at some point in their life but DD is too professional to let it affect his game ...    it will all be sorted.

53 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Offer our goalkeeper, a departed midfielder, our forward, and a winger £100k per week, but offer Drinkwater 20% less?

Yes, no wonder he turned it down - You don't give yourself much room to manoeuvre when other deals are out in public like they are and the fact there's quite a few of them would lead others as prominent as Drinkwater is worth the same

ok ok! the only thing that i am agreeing with you on is the schmeichel wage. let me tell you something about the midfielder, our forward, and the winger. the midfielder that you are talking about is a french international. the best midfielder in the league last year. and the one who was covering for the whole team. you have seen how our defence was exposed after he left (he made cahill and terry look class). we have a mid table defence at best (atm). and the forward. he scored 24 goals last season. the second top scorer in the league. and he is a international player who had a leverage over the team because arsenal offered to buy him and for the "winger". he is the player of the season. in the last season he scored 3 more goals and assisted 2 more compared to  hazard's best season as the player of the year.(and by the way mahrez was offerd 80k) . what i am trying to say is. danny is not even close to the level of those three. and the club dropped the ball by giving schmeichel 100k

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Having been linked with a few CM's, and if we signed one of them would be no problem.

Drinkwater would be missed but not irreplaceable.

I'd be absolutely gutted ...    last season we had the best central midfield pairing in the country ...    I can just about cope with losing one but not both.

32 minutes ago, FIF said:

Vardy isn't really worth £100k a week. I understand why we gave it to him but that should have been backed up with a refusal to sell any of our core players.

Given teams are prepared to shell out 20 million for him when he's nearly 30 I'd guess he is, same with Mahrez obviously.

Kasper though, wtf. If he's seriously on that something nuts is happening behind the scenes.

If i was him, i'd want to leave for two reasons.

1) (Presumably) Not being offered 100k a week, when the likes of Kasper, a bang average keeper, is being offered the same.

2) The club isn't showing any ambition whatsoever....in fact, it's going backwards.

It's worrying that these topics are even being discussed...no premier league champions shouldn't be fighting to keep our best players a week into the new season. Maybe it's the clubs nievity having not being in this position before? 

Either way way we've ****ed something up, I still don't think our squad has anywhere near the depth and quality to compete in all of the competitions we're in this season. Something is going to suffer, I just hope it isn't the league. 

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

If i was him, i'd want to leave for two reasons.

1) (Presumably) Not being offered 100k a week, when the likes of Kasper, a bang average keeper, is being offered the same.

2) The club isn't showing any ambition whatsoever....in fact, it's going backwards.

I second this, if we don't finish above 1st this season I am off to support a better team.

Get in the bin.

Archived