Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

3 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Not wanting to keep unhappy players is a myth.

We've just convinced Mahrez to sign a new contract, and he's been bloody miserable all summer.

We should've done everything we could to keep Kante, and if that meant losing Mahrez instead, so be it.

Kante is genuinely World Class in his position, Mahrez isn't.

On his day Mahrez is undoubtedly World Class in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Not wanting to keep unhappy players is a myth.

We've just convinced Mahrez to sign a new contract, and he's been bloody miserable all summer.

We should've done everything we could to keep Kante, and if that meant losing Mahrez instead, so be it.

Kante is genuinely World Class in his position, Mahrez isn't.

Kante rejected £100k p/w and apparently had a release clause in his contract, what more could the club have done

2 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

On his day Mahrez is undoubtedly World Class in my opinion 

I disagree, to be world class he has to be on par with the best in the world in his position.....Messi, Bale etc.

Whereas Kante, is much closer to the likes of Busquets etc.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Kante rejected £100k p/w and apparently had a release clause in his contract, what more could the club have done

You missed the apparently from the first part.....

We have no evidence he was/wasn't offered 100k, and that he did/didn't have a release clause.

What the club could have done, was not put a release clause in their to start with, and began negotiating with him immediately after we realised how good he was.

5 minutes ago, Grewks said:

We have no evidence he was/wasn't offered 100k, and that he did/didn't have a release clause.

What the club could have done, was not put a release clause in their to start with, and began negotiating with him immediately after we realised how good he was.

Ranieri confirmed he had a release clause and he wanted to go so it wouldnt really matter if we offered him the money or not.

Regards granting the clause in the first place, it seems clear from what's been said by ITK's that he wouldnt have signed for us without that clause.

Unfortunately, Kante (IMO) is a mercenary and used us as a stepping stone.  I think he knew exactly how good he was and used us a route to the really big money.  

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Ranieri confirmed he had a release clause and he wanted to go so it wouldnt really matter if we offered him the money or not.

Regards granting the clause in the first place, it seems clear from what's been said by ITK's that he wouldnt have signed for us without that clause.

Unfortunately, Kante (IMO) is a mercenary and used us as a stepping stone.  I think he knew exactly how good he was and used us a route to the really big money.  

I'll live with it - he gave everything and we won the league. I'll never forget last season...

13 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Seeing as you like evidence, you got any to show Mahrez has been miserable, that the club wouldn't have been able to get him without a release cluase, that we didn't attempt to renegotiate a new contract straight away?

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

1) There isn't a single ITK on here who has a 100% record when it comes to stuff at the club. If you have to list yourself as an ITK, it says it all imo.

2) Absolute rubbish. So what you're saying is, he should've performed below his ability so that other clubs didn't become interested?

I know he left us after only one season, but calling him a mercenary is harsh. He used a clause in his contract that the club and Kante had agreed on. He didn't come here for his love of Liecester City, he came to prove himself in the Premier League, he did this and moved up a level. For some players a club like Chelsea only comes for you once, he took his opportunity. Not great for us but the lad did well and wanted to go, he didn't force his way out and he didn't show one ounce of not putting in 100% last season. We won the league, he helped us and he's moved on. He'll never have the legend status here, but he shouldn't be vilified. He'll one day be the best DCM in the world, and he played for us. 

Edit: I understand were in the CL and Chelsea aren't, but in the long run he must have seen it as 'moving up a level'. 

5 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If the rumours that his release clause had a highest bidder condition are true, I guess the King Power salesforce team in Phuket could have bid £75 million for him. But people were reporting Kante wanted to leave in February. He was never happy in Leicester. And what Claudio said was true: He doesn't want unhappy players; and that is different than not wanting players who might be happier somewhere else, or would like more playing time. That will describe most of any team.

Not disagreeing just adding a couple points.

When we eventually brought in Kante, it was then said we werent his 1st choice,

Plus he had a clause, which he believed would able him to fast track him to his idea of a top club,

promising he would give 100% to Leicesters cause, thanking them for opening the door to realising

his dream of playing in the PL.There were various media thoughts, some kept low key,

others even then reported, Kante-Leicester partnership would be short.

IMO there are players through Europe, that get an initial move, that gets them into a particular market,

and league upping their profile, For 1-2 seasons .We had 2 Ks, Kramaric, and Kante, the grooming for Kante was successful,

Kramarics just didnt Kick off.Through Europe leagues one sees players signing short contracts, or ones with Clauses,

Where smaller or non top clubs get a short bite of the cherry, before the obvious happens.

Its not new or unknown, we ourselves were involved in the late 60s with Alan Clarke.

Nothing to do with DDrinkwater...just that Kante is always popping up..

29 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We out picked him up for five million so a 20m release clause probably looked like good business. He would have still gone because he's clearly a little **** anyway.

On 16 August 2016 at 14:01, Grewks said:

If i was him, i'd want to leave for two reasons.

1) (Presumably) Not being offered 100k a week, when the likes of Kasper, a bang average keeper, is being offered the same.

2) The club isn't showing any ambition whatsoever....in fact, it's going backwards.

I can barely cope lollol

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Seeing as you like evidence, you got any to show Mahrez has been miserable, that the club wouldn't have been able to get him without a release cluase, that we didn't attempt to renegotiate a new contract straight away?

regarding Mahrez...His performances and generally lack of interest pre season and at Hull, evidence he is miserable.

As for the second two parts, no, and as i suggested it is what the club 'could' have done, not suggesting they did/didn't. Unlike the guy above who said he was offered 100k a week.

13 minutes ago, Sammy said:

I can barely cope lollol

What is premier league average?

6-14? So midtable....

De Gea, Cech, Lloris, Courtois, Hart are certainly above his level.

Whereas the likes of Butland, Forster, Begovic are also above his level imo, but slightly more debateable.

IMO he's far worse than ninth in the league, but i'll be kind and put him there.

5 minutes ago, Grewks said:

What is premier league average?

6-14? So midtable....

De Gea, Cech, Lloris, Courtois, Hart are certainly above his level.

Whereas the likes of Butland, Forster, Begovic are also above his level imo, but slightly more debateable.

IMO he's far worse than ninth in the league, but i'll be kind and put him there.

Being 'average' for the premier league doesn't mean he's a bang average keeper though, the standard of keepers mentioned is very high and on last season's performances he was actually nearer the top of that list

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

1) There isn't a single ITK on here who has a 100% record when it comes to stuff at the club. If you have to list yourself as an ITK, it says it all imo.

2) Absolute rubbish. So what you're saying is, he should've performed below his ability so that other clubs didn't become interested?

My thoughts are he came here and performed to the maximum of his ability in order for one of the bigger clubs to snap him up.

Not sure what you're saying with your second point?

54 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Being 'average' for the premier league doesn't mean he's a bang average keeper though, the standard of keepers mentioned is very high and on last season's performances he was actually nearer the top of that list

On his 'performances'?

Kasper did nothing last season to suggest that we wouldn't of won the league had we started any other Premier league keeper.

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

My thoughts are he came here and performed to the maximum of his ability in order for one of the bigger clubs to snap him up.

Not sure what you're saying with your second point?

How can you not be sure?

You're suggesting he's a mercenary for performing to the best of his abilities....so basically you're suggesting he should've performed worse so chelsea wouldn't want him?

2 hours ago, Grewks said:

I disagree, to be world class he has to be on par with the best in the world in his position.....Messi, Bale etc.

Whereas Kante, is much closer to the likes of Busquets etc.

On his day, there isnt a defender in England who can touch Mahrez. He is indeed world class. I personally think that could be the motivation for him signing a new deal - in 12 months time some bigger fish might come looking for him..

Archived