Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Is Kasper seriously on £100k? I find that infinitely more absurd than drinky wanting £100k. He is a great shotstopper but total wank coming off his line and shite with distribution.

Totally agree. Good goalkeeper but £60k at most for me. He's never ever a six figure player and that's set a really dodgy precedent if it's true. Vardy was the best forward in the country last season and our top scorer, him and Mahrez should be our two highest paid players and I can't see any of our squad having a leg to stand on in saying otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't really understand this Spurs hype.

What makes people think they're a bigger club than LCFC? Right arrogant club imo.

Maybe fact they been in prem league for long time and of course the good old "landan" bollocks.

The problem is players think they can walk onto a "big" club and start every game always. Dime a dozen at a "big" club.

The only loyalty in football is the grounds men who keep the grass pristine. Even fans are plastic these days.

Serious generalizations there lol.

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Calm? Are you insane? This is Foxestalk. It's time to don the sandwich boards, run around like headless chickens and shout 'the end is nigh!'

wait and see how bad it gets after Arsenal moment us. 

Moment or mount?

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I agree it's crazy money but we have shot ourselves in the foot paying vardy and kasper that money. If I was drinky I would be thinking I offer as much as those 2 to this team and I'm younger why shouldn't I be paid the same. 

vardy deserves his 100k. schmeichel does not. and this begs the question. if vardy is on 100k. schmeichel is on 100k. danny just refused 80k. so why some fans thinking that mahrez does not want to sign the contract when he was offerd 80k. it does not make sense. give mahrez atleast 100k and spare us the suffering

the bord dropped the ball on the schmeichel deal. if mahrez and vardy got 100k no one will complain. but giving schmeichel 100k will make danny and fuchs( players that are as importent as him if not more ) want the same. what a shame. this could've been avoided

I don't think there is much difference between what Spurs top players earn now and what ours do. Isn't Eriksen on 40k ish and recently rejected a new deal?  Kane earns less than Vardy now supposedly. Why would Drinkwater leave us to go and probably sit on the bench at Spurs?  It's not like they ever win much, and they don't pay ridiculous salaries. I call BS on this one...

This is what money does, causes jealousy and friction.

I really hope this isn't the case at the club, the last thing we need is unrest.

Trouble is by giving Kasper 100k a week, Danny and Mahrez should be given the same.

They are the key players and should not be unsettled.

Ah, come on.

The fearmongering and general doom & gloom attitude in this thread is of best pre-2012 Foxestalk fashion.

To the people saying the money debate causes friction: We had the situation before where some players were on considerably more money than others and there were transfer rumours as the season went along, yet we won the league at a canter (sort of). What makes you think money's going to be an issue now? Our owners don't really have to save it and it's only fair that the players that were part of that magnificent group are treated as equals.

To the ones saying this might be the end: How about we get back to this next May and see where we are then?

If the reports of 80k are true then more fool him for rejecting, he'll probably not get a better wage than that in his whole career.

How much is Mark Noble on? 

Ross Barkley? 

Delle Alli?

Eric Dier? 

he has 2 years left if he's dumb enough to reject 80k a week then fc*k him

Archived