Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

11 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

The club has broken its transfer record twice this season and kept a hold of Vardy and Mahrez.

What the hell does showing ambition mean to you?

Transfer record is relative to revenues/profits usually, it's just relative.

Yes, we kept Vardy, but at the time we had Kante & Mahrez, and we've since lost one of those and could lose the other too.

We're in the ridiculous position (fr us) of having Champions League revenue, added to that is the current silly TV deal &  thenof course our standing around the world gone up through a our title win & all the earning potential that comes with that.

We're break even/in a profit on transfer dealings this summer, when Schlupp goes

We've got a weaker starting line-up... at a time that others are strengthening

Without another signing or two - We might look back on this summer as nothing but an unmitigated disaster

I probably agree with every post for all the various reasons, contradictal or not, 

but the only  measure we have and, it is as it is.The football world ticks differently.

With all the the other top players getting their oar in first, and if 100k is the sum on

many players mind, then drinkwater deserves to have that shout.

We/they have just won the PL, Drinkwater held that midfield together with Kante.

Champions, top midfielder, new International player  is a CV that confirms he has earnt top dollar and recognition.

Consequence of Leicester creating that miracle, means they have to dosh out a few pennies.

Yes he has earnt it....A top replacement, will also cost ...transfer and wages.

If we didnt  close this out, with Drinkwater staying, I would see it  terribly negative, and would have serious

doubts on Owners targets and ambition.

Band of Brothers, was a great story from the title winning season,2nd season is where the younger/peak age

players rightly ask the question...

Damn cheeky if they asked if they had  finished 17th-12th...12th-7th even 7th-4th, but no our 1st choices made that

title...no discussion.

Now before it goes further, I would love to know what this last offer actually was.

Why would Drinkwater go to Tottenham he would not get in their first XI and also  they are looking to offload Bentaleb and he is a midfielder and surplus to requirements so where would Drinkwater fit in. If he doesn't go there perhaps we should offer him to Man Utd they seem to be paying over the odds for players they have discarded in the past.

9 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Why would Drinkwater go to Tottenham he would not get in their first XI and also  they are looking to offload Bentaleb and he is a midfielder and surplus to requirements so where would Drinkwater fit in. If he doesn't go there perhaps we should offer him to Man Utd they seem to be paying over the odds for players they have discarded in the past.

I don't believe there is any truth at all in the Drinkwater to Spurs rumours.

1 hour ago, The Railway Man said:

Given teams are prepared to shell out 20 million for him when he's nearly 30 I'd guess he is, same with Mahrez obviously.

Kasper though, wtf. If he's seriously on that something nuts is happening behind the scenes.

If he scores 18+ league goals this year I'll agree with you about Vardy. If not then I don't believe he's worth 100K a week.

It was worth doing to stop anyone leaving but then they just agreed to let Kanté go so in the end it was pointless.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I probably agree with every post for all the various reasons, contradictal or not, 

but the only  measure we have and, it is as it is.The football world ticks differently.

With all the the other top players getting their oar in first, and if 100k is the sum on

many players mind, then drinkwater deserves to have that shout.

We/they have just won the PL, Drinkwater held that midfield together with Kante.

Champions, top midfielder, new International player  is a CV that confirms he has earnt top dollar and recognition.

Consequence of Leicester creating that miracle, means they have to dosh out a few pennies.

Yes he has earnt it....A top replacement, will also cost ...transfer and wages.

If we didnt  close this out, with Drinkwater staying, I would see it  terribly negative, and would have serious

doubts on Owners targets and ambition.

Band of Brothers, was a great story from the title winning season,2nd season is where the younger/peak age

players rightly ask the question...

Damn cheeky if they asked if they had  finished 17th-12th...12th-7th even 7th-4th, but no our 1st choices made that

title...no discussion.

Now before it goes further, I would love to know what this last offer actually was.

They dont have to, dd under contract till 2018.

made an offer, rejected so leave it there and see how his form is at xmas.

Dont think the club should be held to ransom, I dont think DD is worth that sort of money .

7 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Hallelujah, this..... what this player is on is bs and disruptive, the press are morons, agents are low life and some of our fans are drama Queens and gullible as feck!

With very very few exceptions mate, I'd be swayed by transfer/wage rumours on this site as much as I would if I heard them from Bernie. The best recently is someone who was 'in the know' about Kante staying, to see him leave about 24 hrs later.

lol just makes me laff if you take it with a pinch of salt. I swear some people live in fantasy land.

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

As I've explained in another thread, because the tactical system we employed restricted tests of our goalkeeper to those matching his strongest attributes, namely long-range shooting and reflex saves. This was by maintaining a deep defensive line and intense pressing in the 10 metres across the pitch in front of our box, this prevented him from facing many one-on-ones and mid-range shooting, and allowed our two centre-backs to deal with all the crosses that weren't too close to the keeper to be a threat.

Of course we couldn't prevent this all the time and Kasper 'Count Dracula' Schmeichel was at fault for many of the goals we did concede.

Oh really,at fault for many of the goals conceded,name them if you are so sure and think about the games where he was superb.

This is not about whether he is worth the salary being suggested ,it's about you justifying your comments he is sh*** and that he is to blame for many of the goals conceded.You are spouting rubbish.

I know we have to pay to keep them, but we are starting paying players massive money, after one great season.

I hope they keep up the high levels of performance, if they are getting paid, top players wages.

I also hope we don't end up financial trouble, as much as our owners are rich, and yes we have Europe, but players signing long expensive contracts could hurt us if they don't maintain where we are.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

With very very few exceptions mate, I'd be swayed by transfer/wage rumours on this site as much as I would if I heard them from Bernie. The best recently is someone who was 'in the know' about Kante staying, to see him leave about 24 hrs later.

lol just makes me laff if you take it with a pinch of salt. I swear some people live in fantasy land.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Bernie actually did have the real info.

DD: How's it going Bern?

Bernie: WE HATE LEEDS, ARGGH, LEEDS WANKERS

DD: Haha, too true mate, we always used to say that growing up in Manchester. Anyway, I just got back from work, and they've only gone and offered me 80K, when I know that Vards, Rhiyad and Kasper are on more than that.

Bernie: ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

DD: That's exactly what I said mate, I was livid. Anyhow, gotta go, got to go pick up me Lambo from the garage. Keep it under your jester hat like, right? Couldn't be dealing with the hassle if it got in the papers.

Bernie: ANDY IS OUR KING

DD: Alright, I'll let him know you said that. See you around!

In the premier league era....How many sides have won the league and sold their best player to a side which finished mid-table in their own league? I'm guessing 0. As for 'showing ambition'? We had a higher net spend in the championship than this pre-season.

2 minutes ago, Grewks said:

In the premier league era....How many sides have won the league and sold their best player to a side which finished mid-table in their own league? I'm guessing 0. As for 'showing ambition'? We had a higher net spend in the championship than this pre-season.

net spend lol sounding like an Arsenal fan.

Chelsea finishing mid-table last season was a one-off. So that history in your question doesn't really apply here.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

net spend lol sounding like an Arsenal fan.

Chelsea finishing mid-table last season was a one-off. So that history in your question doesn't really apply here.

well we just won the league, wouldve been nice to get a known defender as opposed to a la liga relegation freebie that has featured in our first team squad.

Push the boat out whilst our stock is at a high

If it's true let him go easy replaceable. I'm really not looking forward to this season think we're a bit of joke for not signing a few more players. All the players think there bigtime and upto now every pre season game charity shield and Saturday they were shite. Time raniari put them in there place. Hopefully see them battle for a result on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Oh really,at fault for many of the goals conceded,name them if you are so sure and think about the games where he was superb.

This is not about whether he is worth the salary being suggested ,it's about you justifying your comments he is sh*** and that he is to blame for many of the goals conceded.You are spouting rubbish.

lollol well I answered your question about how we were able to win the league with one of the best defensive records despite having a keeper with very obvious shortcomings, and you didnt like the answer. And yes it is about whether he is worth the salary being suggested, because if he is then supposedly 2 players far better than him and far more important to the team are inexplicably being denied an equal or higher wage.

Off the top of my head - bearing in mind there's little point in this because you're only going to dispute that he was at fault for them. One of the S'land goals on the first day (Fletcher's I think), Walcott at ours, Sanchez's 2nd at ours, Welbeck at theirs, Rondon at ours, Martial at theirs, there's almost certainly more.

I'll clarify and say that he's not shite in real terms, of course he's not, but in relative terms, particularly now, he is. He's a bottom-end PL keeper, midtable at best, and that is nowhere near justifying a 100k a week wage.

46 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Ronaldo? Maybe not mid table though

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

What a ridiculous post. If you think we are a bigger club than Chelsea, then you are very wrong! We couldn't stop Kante leaving. 

Of course the first part of your post hasn't happened before because a team like us have never won the Premier League. Also a team like Chelsea don't usually finish mid table. 

As for the second part of your post, we don't usually sell a player for nearly three times higher than our previous record sale. Hence the lower net spend. Pretty obvious really.  

Archived