Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Don't ruin my day. He said he wanted to be here forever :( 

Maybe his agent had asked him if he is happy to earn less than vardy and mahrez ?

given he is likely to be a solid member of Sams squads then I would be answering a firm 'no, I want a 100k too'.

Just now, StanSP said:

Maybe he doesn't specifically want £100k but just wants more than what he's on now (presumably something like £20k?). And perhaps we're being a bit tight about it.

The rumours are we offered 80k so can only assume he sees kasper and vardy on 100k and says no thanks. Funny how we supposedly offered mahrez 80k and he also hasn't signed, can't see the logic if true. 

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

He is worth it if Kasper got that. Drinkwater is one of our best players hands down.

Don't get me wrong, love Drinky. But 100k is absurd and if Kasper got something similar I'm seriously concerned. If we're going by traditional Drinkwater trajectory he's in for a bad season. At least Drinky has age on his side, but some of the contracts we've been giving out recently like a 3 year deal for Morgan is seriously concerning long term.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Don't get me wrong, love Drinky. But 100k is absurd and if Kasper got something similar I'm seriously concerned. If we're going by traditional Drinkwater trajectory he's in for a bad season. At least Drinky has age on his side, but some of the contracts we've been giving out recently like a 3 year deal for Morgan is seriously concerning long term.

I agree it's crazy money but we have shot ourselves in the foot paying vardy and kasper that money. If I was drinky I would be thinking I offer as much as those 2 to this team and I'm younger why shouldn't I be paid the same. 

Archived