Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Drinkwater rejects new contract

I wonder why this kind of story is put out.  It seems reasonable thst any negotiation would need to go thru a few iterations. ... having a "rejects80k" story makes the club look like they are "nickle and diming" and that they are playing catch up and hense undermining the squad.... and it makes drinky look mercenay.  If his people want to generate pressure thay just need to say its not resolved yet

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does anyone on here have the faintest clue what any of them are earning. Or is it yet more speculation and bull-shite?

None of us really until we see the wage figures come out next year then we can take more educated guesses.

Surely we haven't really put Kasper on 100k a week though, that's bonkers if so.

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, he wont be the only one pushing for 100k. If Kasper is on 100k then Drinkwater has an argument to get the same, despite both probably not receiving offers from other clubs willing to pay the same.

If Kasper is on £100k a week (and he no way should be on the same as Vardy or what we understand Mahrez has been offered) then his agent has every right to ask for the same. 

Does all this bollox shed some light on what was a extremely un - Leicester like performance at Hull? 

There was no hard working team ethic that we have been accustomed to at all. It was a million miles from Band of Brothers territory.

This, (if true of course, and that is a big if) does make me wonder. 

Suggest all contracts are torn up as they are worthless..  We can then let everyone go who wants to go to Arsenal and Chelsea (and West Brom) and sign Brady.

Then we can all look forward again to trips to Barnsley and Burton in the near future.   If the Club wants rid, can we demand the a player leaves? Of course not. The Clubs have let The PFA and Agents take over.     Madness.

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does anyone on here have the faintest clue what any of them are earning. Or is it yet more speculation and bull-shite?

Hallelujah, this..... what this player is on is bs and disruptive, the press are morons, agents are low life and some of our fans are drama Queens and gullible as feck!

17 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

What is worrying is that since Walsh' departure, we've heard much more about possible outgoings and contract disputes.  

Have we? It's been like this all summer. Really has been a nightmare summer to be honest, wouldn't think we were premier league champions about to play in the champions league!

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Suggest all contracts are torn up as they are worthless..  We can then let everyone go who wants to go to Arsenal and Chelsea (and West Brom) and sign Brady.

Then we can all look forward again to trips to Barnsley and Burton in the near future.   If the Club wants rid, can we demand the a player leaves? Of course not. The Clubs have let The PFA and Agents take over.     Madness.

Where have you been since Bosman ? 

Rip Van Winkle lol 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Pretty much knew our success was gonna cause us some issues this summer...we all have to hope the implications aren't too severe. I guess Drinkwater is just after what he now believes he's worth..or should I say, his agent.

Agents are the problem aren't they Col

i mean setting aside all the other conjecture

ffs who actually needs to be paid £100'000 a week when most of us mortals are on like £500/£600 a week if we are lucky?

i mean jeez even £10'000 a week is obscene let alone £100'000 a week 

Guest Foxin_mad

I hope there are some clauses in these contracts to cover relegation otherwise in a few years we could have a massive issue. Any new contract should be a basic wage with Performance based add ons with that way if they play shit like they did at hull they all get a lot less which will hopefully give them a kick up the arse for next week. If you get 100000 grand a week for being average what's the incentive to win anything? other than passion and footballing pride, which most footballers have shown they couldn't careless about!!

I've said it before but a club like ourselves shouldn't be giving anyone 100k a week. Absolutely ridiculous. 

This summer has been a total shambles. What we should have done is bid for better players - considering we are at the most attractive we've ever been at - than throwing money at some of our current players. Kasper is not worth 100k a week, we could have bought a better goalkeeper and paid him less, for example.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

he won't be going to spuds for more than we offer. Lloris is the top paid player on 90k a week. So todays sun story is either agent shite or bollox.

i doubt Drinky would go Spurs regardless tbh, since they are bitter stocked up with midfielders, though the 90k a week could be passed since Eriksen wants a reported £150k a week:unsure:

most stuff in the papers is bull tbh

15 minutes ago, mackiepas said:

this should of all been sorted out before the season starts... definately having an effect on team performance

Every club in same position 

agents use the window to ramp up deals 

it's not the clubs fault 

look at manure they paid 3m over the release clause for Felleni because of his agent and Everton playing hard ball 

Archived