Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Swansea (h) Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'd personally like to see a 442 where Musa and Vardy start together. And to see what Amartey and Drinks can do in the centre of midfield.

I'd be happy to see Mahrez on the right side with Gray on the left and get at them with pace.

I'd like to see that.

With Musa and Vardy upfront Gray will have to release the ball early and bring others into the game rather than try to run and shoot at every opportunity.

If we are getting too many attacks down the left, Albrighton can come on or Chilwell and Fuchs pushes up.  If we are on top of this game it would be good to see something of Kapustka.

I haven't seen anything of Swansea so far, how are they looking? 

Stat time 

• Leicester City have won their last three Premier League matches against Swansea City, scoring nine and conceding none.
  • Swansea are winless in their last 12 games away to Leicester in all competitions (D3 L9), losing the last six in a row.
  • Riyad Mahrez scored in both Premier League meetings with Swansea last season, netting a hat-trick at Liberty Stadium in December 2015 and one goal at the King Power Stadium in April 2016.
  • Leonardo Ulloa has netted three goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Swansea City, all coming at the King Power Stadium.
  • Claudio Ranieri is still looking to secure his 100th Premier League win as a manager – he will be only the fifth non-British/Irish manager to reach this landmark if he guides the Foxes to victory in this match.
  • If Leicester City lose this match, they’ll be only the sixth defending top-flight champions to win just one point in their first three games of the following season (no sides have 0 points).
  • The previous lowest tally by a defending champion in the following season is one point, set by Sunderland in 1913-14, Portsmouth in 1950-51, Arsenal in 1953-54, Ipswich in 1962-63 and Arsenal in 1991-92.
  • Wayne Routledge has created more chances than any other player in the Premier League this season after two matchdays (9).
  • Jamie Vardy has only scored in three of his last 12 Premier League appearances for Leicester City.
  • Since 2007-08, 47 of Fernando Llorente’s 104 league goals have been from headers (45%).

I'd go 4-4-2 with the same lineup v Arsenal to start but give Amartey a go where Mendy played. Musa might even be a good shout on the left for Albrighton as I'd expect us to be swarming them in this game. I like Albrighton in games where we arguably need more defensive coverage.

Guest CityFan 06

Been discussing who to start up top on Saturday. We're a much better team with Okazaki in the side, but Musa's pace is a real asset. Difficult one but good at the same time...

20 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Been discussing who to start up top on Saturday. We're a much better team with Okazaki in the side, but Musa's pace is a real asset. Difficult one but good at the same time...

What a pleasant dilemma!

Guest CityFan 06
Just now, UPinCarolina said:

What a pleasant dilemma!

Exactly. We seem better with Albrighton in the team too, quite a lot due to his defensive work.

23 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Oka to start ...   Runs balls off cus he knows he won't last a full 90,  shags out their defenders, helps defensively by defending from the front when it is important early on, has an understanding with Vardy ....   And scores the odd goal.

Then bring on Musa to exploit knackered defenders and score loadsa goals. Takes heat of JV and gives him more space.

Key points.  Bring Musa on with at least 30 mins left if not more and ask him to be a bit more selfish in front of goal. 

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Oka to start ...   Runs balls off cus he knows he won't last a full 90,  shags out their defenders, helps defensively by defending from the front when it is important early on, has an understanding with Vardy ....   And scores the odd goal.

Then bring on Musa to exploit knackered defenders and score loadsa goals. Takes heat of JV and gives him more space.

Key points.  Bring Musa on with at least 30 mins left if not more and ask him to be a bit more selfish in front of goal. 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Same as above but bring on Gray to replace Albrighton at same time as Musa comes on.

I think to be honest we need to stick with what works to start the game with, we seem a much more comfortable side with the usual title winning team. Okazaki is very important as he links the midfield to then towards the forward area.

Guest CityFan 06

I would like to see Amartey but at the same time I think King will do the job for us, expect Andy to start.

It has to be Vardy and Okazaki up top simply because Okazaki is producing his best form and deserves his place. The back 4 picks itself. Hernadaz can be a better option at RB but needs a little time to study the league.

Gray is improving with every game but doesn't offer enough defensively to replace Albrighton. Albrighton is a good all rounder but needs to improve his end product. It's not enough just to fire balls into the box he needs to start creating real chances for others and taking a few himself.

I'd like to see Amartey play alongside Drinkwater in the middle. As I feel his passing and pace will be a real asset and he has a Goal in him..

We Definitely need 3 points Saturday with the program coming up.

I watched the Swansea Hull first half replay last night.  To be fair they controlled large swaths of the half and were unlucky not to have scored a couple, but conversely they should have conceded at least one first half. They committed large numbers going forward but were susceptible on the counter, although I suppose they will respect Leicester at lot more than Hull. All in all they played some pretty football but were lacking the end product.  

They have a right winger, that must be new, named Barrow that has some serious pace to burn.  He tormented the Hull left back over and over until the Swansea gaffer inexplicably switched the wingers.  Fuchs will have his hands full, and I suppose Albrighton will need to start for his defensive abilities. 

I don't think this will be  an easy game based off what I saw last night.  I am going to watch the second half here in a bit. 

I think as long as we start Okazaki then we can use King in the midfield. Both he and Ulloa will help out in midfield if necessary. This allows King to drift between midfield and a more number 10 role taking it in turns with the that player. Against Hull Musa and Vardy were looking to break quickly so stayed up and King looked lost leaving Drinkwater to pretty much defend the middle of the park himself.

I dont think Claudio has faith in Amartey yet. Hoping if we do start King we go 3 up quickly and Ranieri gives him some significant game time to see what he's like.

Based on the little I've seen of him Mendy seems to like to hang back protecting the back four more and letting Drinkwater link up play. I want to see Mendy race back harder when beaten - saw him strolling a few times back in the box - but otherwise thought he looked quite good and time will make him better. Hopefully we hear how long he's out for in tomorrow's press conference (unless I've missed an update).

Unless we buy someone capable of bossing the midfield (I think we have our eye on a few but whether anything happens this week is anyone's guess) then we will have to find someone capable of supporting Drinky even against strong opposition midfields. Luckily I don't think the game on Saturday will prove the sternest of tests in the middle of the park but that's not to underestimate Swansea since anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Funnily enough I think the closest player to Kante is Drinkwater. He's really reading the game well. Perhaps we just need to replace Drinkwater then ...

Anyway for this match I feel we will start the same team as we did against Arsenal with King replacing Mendy. As long as we play like we did last Saturday (and we start taking our chances better) we should win this I think. Hoping the match gives some of our players a bit of a confidence boost in front of goal!

COYF!

Archived