Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Swansea (h) Pre-Match Thread

Got to start Musa for this one but who to drop Ranieri won't drop Vardy so it prob will be Shinji unless he changes the formation.

Thank god Huth was back Saturday Morgan looked more comfortable with his left sided buddy, Schmeical is definitely picking up his game with Ziegler a decent keeper on the bench as good as him snapping on his heels.

The only doubt really is who to play alongside Drinkwater who looks better each game and well deserved an England call up, but who to play Amartey,King,Kapustka,James?

Thats one headache I'm sure Claudio will sort out so thinking if we give our usual grit and determination I'll go for a resounding 3-0 to the Champions of England ! ( still gives you goosebumps when you see that about us !)

More than happy for Musa to continue to be an impact player right now, reason being that Vardy and Okazaki together seems to be more in groove and Okazaki just fits our formation as it stands. Musa is such a weapon to have if we need to change the game, where as if he starts and we need to change the game where's the match winner? Gray is an option but Musa looks like a 21st century Julian Joachim. He is frighteningly direct and it's superb. If only he'd have a bit more faith in shooting, his hesitation after Mahrez's shot at the end was alarming and there were one or two occasions vs Hull that he seemed to prefer to get the ball to someone else rather than make a name for himself. Hopefully that'll soon change as he seems top drawer.

Albrighton was very mediocre but Gray was very erratic against Hull so I think I'd keep him in for the time being. We badly need a win to build momentum this season, anything else would be hugely frustrating.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Hernandez, Kaputska, Zieler, Amartey, Gray, Musa, Ulloa

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Gray is an option but Musa looks like a 21st century Julian Joachim. He is frighteningly direct and it's superb. If only he'd have a bit more faith in shooting, h

Said it before mate. Frighteningly similar. 

musa needs to play and how about giving amartey a shout to see what he can do either in defense or maybe in midfield protecting the back four. claudio has brought these players in and now they really should be given a chance to stake a claim for the first team

11 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Musa for Mendy and play shinji alongside drinkwater. At least I'd like Ranieri to experiment with this in training

what I guess will happen is musa will go left instead of albrighton and King will come in for the injured Mendy

Albrighton is not easily replaced as that, we can't afford to replace the workrate - We're not that great without it, it's what gives us a chance... Besides some of his quick balls forward or switching wings, without even looking were immense

I'd actually play Musa in for Vardy & look to bring Vardy on around 60mins, maybe for Okazaki with Musa just dropping off Vardy

The issue - as always when you play 2 in midfield Vs 3-to-5 is that they have to be superhuman & Drinkwater is the only superhuman CM we have at the min, Mendy may get there... James may... but it's not guaranteed

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King/Mendy

Albrighton

Okazaki

Musa

Subs: Hernandez, Kaputska, Zieler, Amartey, Gray, Vardy, Ulloa

start musa on the left wing, and if it isnt working bring albrighton on for shinji, with musa moving up front and tell everyone to look for the long ball over the top and surely one of vardy or musa will get on the end of it.

if that doesnt work bring ulloa on in the last 4 minutes and expect him to score a few headers.

16 minutes ago, Royston. said:

start musa on the left wing, and if it isnt working bring albrighton on for shinji, with musa moving up front and tell everyone to look for the long ball over the top and surely one of vardy or musa will get on the end of it.

if that doesnt work bring ulloa on in the last 4 minutes and expect him to score a few headers.

Everyone's looking for the long ball over the top, it wasn't only Hull whose defence sat very deep, but there was no real space between even Arsenal's back 4 and Cech in goal

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Albrighton Drinkwater CM* Musa

Mahrez

Vardy

-

CM* - Any of King/James/Amartey/Mendy (if fit)

I think this could potentially be our best team... If we give it time, Mahrez could form a very good partnership with Vardy. Also Mahrez, Musa & Albrighton are all interchangeable. Okazaki to come on if we are protecting a lead or Ulloa to come on if we are losing/drawing.

You're definitely better starting with Albrighton and then bringing Musa on. Other way round is a risk. 

Tough for Albrighton because the crosses he has to put in are difficult due to cutting in which means he can often over hit them. Much easier when crossing from the byline. We need to switch our wingers more often, this doesn't happen anywhere near enough.

Musa brings so much pace off the bench that he seems to be most effective coming on once the opposition has been tired out. 

That said, I would love to see what a fresh Okazaki/Musa/Vardy/Mahrez could do. I just don't think we can roll them all out at once. 

PACE means NOTHING without SPACE. We're playing Swansea at home, we can expect to have the bulk of the possession and their CBs to stay back to prevent the long ball over the top yet all I see in this thread is lineups looking to catch teams on the break. We need to seek an alternate route to goal. I'd like a front 4 that can play together which means Albrighton, Vardy, Ulloa, Mahrez.

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

musa needs to play and how about giving amartey a shout to see what he can do either in defense or maybe in midfield protecting the back four. claudio has brought these players in and now they really should be given a chance to stake a claim for the first team

I lean as well to this idea.I really would love to see from the 1st minute, Vardy, Musa, Mahrez

start together.Then Armatey Drinkwater and yes Shinji.

I am sick of reading about Kante  running all day, he is history..Shinji not has a replacement, but another tact, Shinji covers everyblade of grass, between the boxes, he will do it his way,

great foil behind the strikers, and will kill himself laughing enjoying the annoyance he would be

to the opposition, great link for the counter, and would allow and leave either Mendy/Armatey , then drinkwater, to do what they're good at.It would put a stamp on o u r dynamicity.

I Believe the oppo will worry with Vardy chasing the space over defenders heads, and Musa

Coming through the front space with Pace, then  Mahrez Playing on the panic of oppo not sure

whether he goes around or through them.Shinji or DD being the layoff and 1-2s for Mahrez.

Various Permatations for holding or defensive fall/tracking  backs, in case of counter has the middle of the park covered.

Plan B later in the game, Ulloa with either Albrighton or Gray to feed him.

Within plan B or a C, You can keep Shinji on and sub either Vardy or Musa, or Shinji off if

Knackered.

I think I will give Claudio a call...:D

On 2016-08-20 at 22:39, Col city fan said:

I want to see Musa have much longer on the pitch this time. God knows why he was only brought on yesterday with minutes to go? Vardy looked shattered. 

And I want us to spend some money and sign a very good central midfield playmaker. If there is one anything like available. This is where we are falling short for me cos Drinks can't do it on his own. If he got injured, we'd look really light in that area.

Agree with this.....Drinkwater if he can keep this pace up he's superman. Looks so fit and is playing fantastic. As much as I believe Mendy is a very fine talented player he's not at the level we had last year in the middle and may never be......I've been wrong before but I'd like us to spend big on where i believe to be the position having the best players is a must.

No point in changing the side who performed so well against Arsenal with King replacing Mendy (hope his ankle Mendys quickly). The shape and balance of the team is much better with Shinji and Albrighton in from the beginning where the game is tighter and we don't want to concede early. Bring Musa on after 65 minutes if we are ahead or need a goal. The sum of the parts is greater than the individuals in this Leicester team - you could see that from the totally disjointed performance against Hull. Over time we may see changes or a changed formation but I can't see any tinkering going on for the next few matches. If we sign a couple more before the window closes particularly CM then Id expect a new partner for Drinky.

59 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anyone else want to see Amartey? I'm not quite sure where he fits in at the moment, would be good to see him take the bull by the horns and stake his claim to a starting place. 

Me.  Talked about this in another thread ...    not sure why he hasn't had a real go yet ...    perhaps (and I hope) just trying other options first.

He looks like he has all the tools to be that defensive cover midfielder we need ...   time will tell.  

Archived